the more YOU know

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
subgenius
Stake President

the more YOU know

Post by subgenius »

So you exclaim that Trump is a Nazi, but Biden and his party are advocating for you to be locked in your home; with limited/no access to guns; and with your speech monitored and censored by the government.
mk.
(thread question at bottom of OP) :D

So, given these accomplishments (notwithstanding the 3 the Supreme Court appointments, 200 fed judges appointments, and the significant performance of his Republican party on the 2020 election), what do you believe Biden will accomplish if he is inaugurated?
please, try to convey actual accomplishments and not some absurd childish notion of how Biden will surely be instilling moral values in your kids and community that you have been unable to teach them yourself. Maybe Hunter skipped some of his dad's classes.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
canpakes
God

Re: the more YOU know

Post by canpakes »

https://www.urban.org/urban-wire/opport ... improve-it
The Opportunity Zone (OZ) incentive, created by the Tax Cuts and Jobs of Act of 2017, aimed to establish an economic development tool that would foster equitable development outcomes—such as quality job creation and business growth—in undercapitalized communities, many of which are majority Black. Two years after OZs were designated, is the incentive living up to its goals?

Without the federal government requiring detailed reporting on OZ investments, answering that question has been challenging. But through nearly 70 interviews with a range of stakeholders working on mission-oriented OZ projects across the US, we assessed how the program is working in practice.

What we heard was clear: although there are compelling examples of community benefit, the incentive as a whole is not living up to its economic and community development goals. The incentive’s structure makes it harder to develop projects with community benefit in places with greatest need. In contrast, OZs are providing the biggest benefits to projects with the highest returns, which are rarely aligned with equitable development.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Did YOU know that Trump got defeated, and Joe Biden is the President on January 20th?
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:37 pm
https://www.urban.org/urban-wire/opport ... improve-it
The Opportunity Zone (OZ) incentive, created by the Tax Cuts and Jobs of Act of 2017, aimed to establish an economic development tool that would foster equitable development outcomes—such as quality job creation and business growth—in undercapitalized communities, many of which are majority Black. Two years after OZs were designated, is the incentive living up to its goals?

Without the federal government requiring detailed reporting on OZ investments, answering that question has been challenging. But through nearly 70 interviews with a range of stakeholders working on mission-oriented OZ projects across the US, we assessed how the program is working in practice.

What we heard was clear: although there are compelling examples of community benefit, the incentive as a whole is not living up to its economic and community development goals. The incentive’s structure makes it harder to develop projects with community benefit in places with greatest need. In contrast, OZs are providing the biggest benefits to projects with the highest returns, which are rarely aligned with equitable development.
that's one opinion, thanks.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

subgenius wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:01 pm
So you exclaim that Trump is a Nazi, but Biden and his party are advocating for you to be locked in your home; with limited/no access to guns; and with your speech monitored and censored by the government.
mk.
(thread question at bottom of OP) :D

(Image removed from original)

So, given these accomplishments (notwithstanding the 3 the Supreme Court appointments, 200 fed judges appointments, and the significant performance of his Republican party on the 2020 election), what do you believe Biden will accomplish if he is inaugurated?
please, try to convey actual accomplishments and not some absurd childish notion of how Biden will surely be instilling moral values in your kids and community that you have been unable to teach them yourself. Maybe Hunter skipped some of his dad's classes.
Hi subbie,

I'm curious about these important achievements you noted above. Since the thread is about what we know, maybe you could start at the top? See, I understand it as referring to his moving the ED to the White House and out of the department of education...but he took longer to name a director for the Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities than any President prior to this for no apparent reason other than it not being a priority.

Or the second one? There are less than 1000 people in the program, it requires a person be without insurance coverage but also get tests done to qualify, and hardly seems like it demonstrates a real commitment.

Did you know that Israel and the UAE were already buddy buddy but low key about it before the "miracle" of middle east peace your graphic asked about? And it did anything but encourage peace in the region as it showed a clear dismissal of a two state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian situation?

Did you know we owe the Kurds a huge thanks (#grateful) for helping stop ISIS expansion and Trump sold them out to a dictator in Turkey after that dictator told him to suck eggs? But your graphic asks if we knew this was under Trump's leadership? That village taken back on March 23, 2019? Kurds did that.

Did you know the military has been operating in space for a while, what with satellite tech and ICBMs and the like. But I guess slapping the Star Trek emblem on and calling it Space Force is something if one is scrapping around looking for things to take credit for and add to a campaign mailer.

But I'm sure you can go into detail on the items and explain why they really do show Trump to be this amazing accomplishment machine of a president.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Subjenius will need someone smarter than himself to open up a picture, and then place some words over it before he can answer your questions. With the meme. The wordpicture. It’s the only way.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

I like #5, too.

“Look! We put a non-white guy in charge of something!!”
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:12 am
I like #5, too.

“Look! We put a non-white guy in charge of something!!”
Did you know the string of old white guys Trump appointed before Pham were also never approved by the Trump-friendly Republican Senate? Turns out it's bad for Senators to be on the record in some states supporting Trump's border enforcement. But hey, a couple of months before the election I guess someone in the Trump circle decided it would be good to have an "acting" director of ICE who wasn't an old white guy. You know, until every legal vote gets counted or whatever.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

What if we try shade FF4000 on this pig and see if any of our base will kiss it?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace