Biden Probable Winner according to FOX News

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Biden Probable Winner according to FOX News

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:42 am
Nail biter time.
Be still...

;-)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:44 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Nail biter time.
Be still...

;-)
Patience, new totals are coming from Maricopa County. I think the the Nevada-Arizona win is more likely than Georgia-Pennsylvania. All four would be lovely, though. by the way, the Trump campaign just filed a lawsuit over 53 ballots in Georgia. That's not a sign of confidence.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:48 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

Be still...

;-)
Patience, new totals are coming from Maricopa County. I think the the Nevada-Arizona win is more likely than Georgia-Pennsylvania. All four would be lovely, though. by the way, the Trump campaign just filed a lawsuit over 53 ballots in Georgia. That's not a sign of confidence.
53 ballots? That sounds like desperation to me.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Icarus wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:32 am
Things are looking great for Biden in Pennsylvania and Georgia.

Trump had a 100,000 vote lead in Georgia this morning with 90% in, and earlier today that lead was cut to 78,000 votes with 92% in and right now with 95% in the gap is down to 47,000. There are still a few hundred thousand out standing votes, most of which come from Democrat counties like Fulton. At this rate Biden will take the lead in Georgia, which would be huge.

This morning Trump was leading in Pennsylvania by more than 600,000 votes with 75% in. Then it was 480,000 with 80% in. Right now that lead has been cut to just 237,000 votes with 87% in. All the analysts discussing this issue insist the majority of the out standing votes will skew heavily Democrat.

With wins in Georgia and Pennsylvania, that puts Joe at 306 and five states that will have flipped from Trump's 2016 results.
So, the AJC says 133K votes to count in GA. It takes 47K for Biden to catch up. That leaves 86K to split. A 50-50 split of those would be 43K. So, to be approximately tied by the end of the count, Biden needs to get 90K of the 133K, or 68%. Biden has been running higher than that in Fulton and DeKalb, but the map in the AJC shows outstanding ballots in many other counties. Nail biter time.

If he said 133k left to count, does that mean they've released the numbers of everything counted up until that point? If 95% is in, then there should be around 250,000 votes still unaccounted for.

NBC says there are an estimated 272,000 votes still out there.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

Be still...

;-)
Check this out

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1343283838
nate.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Icarus wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:50 am

If he said 133k left to count, does that mean they've released the numbers of everything counted up until that point? If 95% is in, then there should be around 250,000 votes still unaccounted for.

NBC says there are an estimated 272,000 votes still out there.
No idea. I just went to the AJC website and they'd just posted a story about ballots remaining to be counted, including a map of which counties they are in. I just checked again, and the AJC upped the total to 185,000. That's good for Biden.

ETA: Good information. 70% is doable, depending on where the uncounted ballots are.
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

Be still...

;-)
Patience,
Got a Bible verse for that one, too. ;-)

I feel eerily calm and also hopeful. We'll just see how this goes...

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Per 538, GA Secretary of State says 122K left to count. Biden would need about 66% of those to win.
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:14 am
Per 538, GA Secretary of State says 122K left to count. Biden would need about 66% of those to win.
What is 538? And what is AJC that was mentioned above?

Should I be looking at those?

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:18 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:14 am
What is 538? And what is AJC that was mentioned above?

Should I be looking at those?
Fivethirtyeight.com is Nate Silver’s site. They are live-blogging election returns. They are very good number crunchers. AJC is the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, a respected Atlanta newspaper.

by the way, the latest totals from Maricopa County went 60-40 for Trump. If that continues, he is likely to win the state. Depends a little on Pima County,too.

So, more nail biting.
he/him