Warren drops out

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Re: Warren drops out

Post by _Some Schmo »

honorentheos wrote:It's odd to me that people see Sanders being further from what Trump represents than Biden. It's...huh.

I don't see how there's any crossover appeal between Trump and Sanders at all, unless you're fooled by the damned BS that comes out of Trump's mouth, pretending he cares about the working class.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

I have to admit that watching Warren in interviews yesterday, I was a little sad. I happen to think she was the most qualified in the field, but I didn't intend to vote for her, and it's because I'd fallen victim to the same thing I bet a lot of people are feeling these days: I'd vote for a female President, but I don't trust enough other people will. Trump has moved us backward in that regard (as with so many others).
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Trump has moved us backward in that regard (as with so many others).

It's amazing how much control Trump exerts upon the minds of voters in the Democratic primary. You've fallen victim to Trump derangement syndrome.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:

It's amazing how much control Trump exerts upon the minds of voters in the Democratic primary. You've fallen victim to Trump derangement syndrome.

As a reminder our Mormon priesthood holder and MDB poster called Ajax18 posts under different black parody accounts and regularly posts @ stormfront.org as detailed here:

http://www.mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3 ... 10&t=43296

Additionally, he kvetched and kvetches endlessly about Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Bill Clinton.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:

LOL

Trump derangement syndrome is the name of the cult for which you're a card carrying member.

With regard to voting, all Trump did was expose how many damned misogynists and racists this damned country really has. He's the damned scab over the wound.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Some Schmo wrote:I have to admit that watching Warren in interviews yesterday, I was a little sad.

Why? Should I be sad for not having a girlfriend? People say "Just be patient, be happy, and live your life, you will eventually have one". There is no need to be desperate for a female president, we will eventually get one. The US has all the time in the world.

Women in America have more opportunities than men, and according to the bls 51.8% "Management, professional, and related occupations" are held by women, and young women make more than young men. https://www.bls.gov/cps/cpsaat11.htm

We are no longer in the 1960s, and we shouldn't be desperate for a female president.

Some Schmo wrote: it's because I'd fallen victim to the same thing I bet a lot of people are feeling these days.

Do you have any statistical evidence that her gender cost her the nomination? How did Warren become the front runner in the polls some months ago? It is easy to blame it all in sexism.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Warren faced a lot of sexist tropes in coverage of her. It's hard to know how much that hurt her, but it sure as heck didn't help.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

ajax18 wrote:

The number one goal of Democrats is to beat Trump, so Democrats' sense of how to best do that has a lot of persuasive influence over how they choose to vote for their candidates.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Gunnar wrote:I am likewise unsure how much, if any, Warren's dropping out will help Sanders. We can only hope it does. One thing I am sure about, though, is that even if Biden winds up being the nominee, that is still a better choice than Donald J. Trump. If Biden does become the democratic nominee, I suspect that Trump's desperation to find dirt on Biden will ultimately backfire against Trump, and that the disinformation to which he feels he must resort to defeat Biden will likely be seen for what it is by enough people who are both rational and honest to ultimately discredit Trump, more than Biden.

Ipsos has a poll out indicating that Warren voters split 47/46 Sanders/Biden in their 2nd choice among those two candidates. If that holds up, her dropping out won't make waves on that front.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

EAllusion wrote:Warren faced a lot of sexist tropes in coverage of her. It's hard to know how much that hurt her, but it sure as heck didn't help.

I am sure sexism contributed to her loss, but there is no evidence that is was significant. I doubt an army of Sanders supporters were attacking her gender.