FTX Scam/bankruptcy/conspiracy

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: FTX Scam/bankruptcy/conspiracy

Post by ajax18 »

Bail is supposed to disallow prosecutors from using extended pretrial incarceration as a means to break defendants or in the case of political prisoners like Paul Manafort force them to lie about Trump. I'm reading Paul's book. He's given me a new respect for Italians.
Last edited by ajax18 on Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

It f you bought into crypto, you earned every loss you took. You fell for a Ponzi sceme, wrapped in a pyramid scheme, with pump and dump filling. If you got bit by this, it must suck to suck.
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

I doubt most people realize that no money changed hands under this $250 million bail. Most would incorrectly assume that liberal law school professors' kid has to pay 10% ($25 million) of that. Even limousine liberals don't have $250 million homes. If he doesn't show up for trial they can just file for bankruptcy. They'll never be able to pay that. I don't see the Democrats returning those campaign contributions of stolen money they were given.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:03 pm
I doubt most people realize that no money changed hands under this $250 million bail. Most would incorrectly assume that liberal law school professors' kid has to pay 10% ($25 million) of that. Even limousine liberals don't have $250 million homes. If he doesn't show up for trial they can just file for bankruptcy. They'll never be able to pay that. I don't see the Democrats returning those campaign contributions of stolen money they were given.

Ok, if what you say is true then all crypto finance is inherently sus, right?
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

I don't follow your logic. Neither Bankman, Fried, nor Bankman-Fried are paying anything if he shows up to court. And they won't be paying $250 million if he flees.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

It wasn't but one week ago that a certain poster was adamantly defending our bail system, castigating those who think it needs reform.

Blessings be to the holy (and wholly) innocent Manafort, who we can trust in all things, because he was touched by the blessed Trump, hallowed be his name, for showing the light. Forever, and ever, amen.