Problems with the board

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Problems with the board

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Icarus wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:15 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:42 pm

Do you have a way to get him back here, then?
No, but I figured he'd eventually show up at some point. He's disappeared before, but not for quite this long.
You know as well as I do that going back to Z he's never been out of commission this long. That leads me to believe that something has gone terribly wrong. I started a post about it in this forum. In the grand scheme, I think there could be greater issues regarding him than worrying about compensating him. But I do agree, he is a valued moderator here.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Icarus wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:42 pm

As such, I'd definitely make the following changes:

Rule #1: No attacking family members - no exceptions
Rule #2: No outing of any participants' in real life identity - no exceptions

First time offenders will be suspended for three months. Second time offenders, banned permanently.
How laughable!!!
Your first 2 rules are ones that you can't even follow.
Typical.
rube.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I'm starting to feel like I'm back in my old admin office. Taking a short break to shake it off.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:20 pm
The thread and exchanges I am referring to, took place just this past week. I saw you attempt to post in real life and I didn't see that you were reciprocating for it having been done to you first.
Then you'll have to provide the thread. But you may be referring to Subs who did in fact use the first letter of my first and last name as provocation. And that's good enough for me. I could have let it slide if it were a first time offense by anyone else, but not coming from a repeat offender, a guy who called my wife a mail order bride and then filed a police report because he feels words like "do it again and I promise you'll regret it" are synonymous with attempted murder. :lol:
Last edited by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Temp. Admin.
_Emeritus

Post by _Temp. Admin. »

Icarus wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:42 pm
As such, I'd definitely make the following changes:

Rule #1: No attacking family members - no exceptions
That rule is already in place. Rule #2 for the Celestial Forum reads, "No personal attacks allowed whatsoever. This includes personal attacks against a person's family members." Rule #2 for the Telestial and Spirit Paradise fora reads, "No blatant or otherwise obvious personal attacks allowed. This includes personal attacks against a person's family members." Rule #2 for the Telestial and Spirit Prison fora reads, "No personal attacks against a person's family members."
Rule #2: No outing of any participants' in real life identity - no exceptions
That rule, too, is already been in place. Universal Rule #7 reads, "Do not reveal personal or "in real life" information about any poster on this site that he or she has not explicitly revealed here. This includes avoiding mention of his/her actual first or last name, even if he or she has made it available on some other website. This also includes information harvested from Facebook.
If these two rules had already been in effect here, all of the drama that has transpired over the past couple of years would have been easily avoided.
Maybe I've been too slow on the banhammer. My initial instinct is to always delete the offending comment and rehabilitate the offender through gentle admonishment.
Rule #3: Thread starters have administration rights to their own thread. Meaning, if the thread is about Abortion, and someone on page one immediately derails onto an irrelevant subject like Hungarian basket-weaving or Racism in British sports, the thread starter gets to have that post removed to keep discussions on topic and organized.
We already have something quite similar to that. Universal Rule #4 reads, "Do not 'derail' threads or otherwise insert commentary that has nothing to do with a thread's opening post.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Virtually half of all the threads I start are derailed by the third page, usually thanks to ajax or subs. Nothing is ever done about it.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:22 pm
Icarus wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:15 pm

No, but I figured he'd eventually show up at some point. He's disappeared before, but not for quite this long.
You know as well as I do that going back to Z he's never been out of commission this long.
Which is why I said not quite this long. He did take a leave of absence earlier in the year because of COVID if memory serves.
Jersey Girl wrote:
That leads me to believe that something has gone terribly wrong. I started a post about it in this forum. In the grand scheme, I think there could be greater issues regarding him than worrying about compensating him. But I do agree, he is a valued moderator here.
Well if no one can reach him otherwise, there is nothing we can really do about it. Does anyone have his email address? All I know of the guy is what he's shared here. He's about 5'4" tall and works as a mental health professional in Madison Wisconsin.

So if anyone is in Madison, please be on the look out.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Icarus wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:32 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:

You know as well as I do that going back to Z he's never been out of commission this long.
Which is why I said not quite this long. He did take a leave of absence earlier in the year because of COVID if memory serves.
Jersey Girl wrote:
That leads me to believe that something has gone terribly wrong. I started a post about it in this forum. In the grand scheme, I think there could be greater issues regarding him than worrying about compensating him. But I do agree, he is a valued moderator here.
Well if no one can reach him otherwise, there is nothing we can really do about it. Does anyone have his email address? All I know of the guy is what he's shared here. He's [in real life details redacted]
Are you daft, you idiot??????

Edit your post you moron. And next time you want to complain about doxxing, don't refer people to a thread where they see photos of YOURSELF that YOU posted.

Damn you're an idiot.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

I read the 12 rules at this page http://mormondiscussions.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26

Nothing in those 12 rules mentions anything about denigrating family members or even personal attacks. It does elaborate further down but I think that's because it was an add on rule that was triggered at some later time.

In any event, just about anything can be interpreted as a "personal attack" so that may explain why enforcing the rule is hard.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Lemmie wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:37 pm
Icarus wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:32 pm

Well if no one can reach him otherwise, there is nothing we can really do about it. Does anyone have his email address? All I know of the guy is what he's shared here. He's [in real life details redacted]
Are you daft, you idiot??????

Edit your post you moron. And next time you want to complain about doxxing, don't refer people to a thread where they see photos of YOURSELF that YOU posted.

Damn you're an idiot.

:lol: :lol:

This is information HE HIMSELF SHARED on THIS FORUM and I even stated this in the same post. The rules are, no private information about people they haven't already disclosed here. EA knows this rule as well as anyone. Here it is: #7 Do not reveal personal or "in real life" information about any poster on this site that he or she has not explicitly revealed here.

Maybe know your facts before making an ass of yourself?

And do you really think anyone trying to hunt me down on the web can do so by a photo?

And I'm the idiot?
Last edited by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.