Welcome to Chaz

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Re: Welcome to Chaz

Post by _Icarus »

Sandmann's attorney is taking on this case pro bono. FIgures.

https://thedcpatriot.com/breaking-nick- ... -pro-bono/
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

I don't know anything about the law, but think about it this way:

If somebody had jumped James Holmes as he opened fire at Aurora, wouldn't James have been "defending himself" by shooting the person jumping him?

I watched the video of shooting 2&3 a few times last night on youtube, and the comments were filling with "he's defending himself".

Well, in *any* active shooter situation where anybody interferes with an active shooter, in dry terms of English, the shooter is put into a position of defending himself. And because it's far more likely for cell footage to capture the events after they've been triggered, it's far more likely that in any active shooter case where confronting the shooter is possible, that the shooter will appear to be defending himself as he tries to escape the situation.

Compare with a case where a "faqs junior" is walking around with a gun, doesn't "get into anyone's face with his gun" but then tempers flare and he's chased without having done anything wrong. And then, what if it's somewhere in between? The guy who took a shot in the shoulder may come to view himself one day as lucky, for not rolling the dice by pulling the trigger himself.

Anyway, my main point was that everything filmed after the initial incident can mean wildly different things, depending upon what happened during that initial incident.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

All I have to offer in this case is a legal resource. This is a criminal defense attorney out of Denver that I often listen to as part of the true crime community because I think he does a good job of objectively breaking down the legal aspects of an incident or case, and provides legal commentary updates as the investigation and case unfolds. Video runs 8 minutes and change.

In this, he runs the video in slo-mo and offers still shots to examine the incident. This youtuber doesn't screw around. I think you all will appreciate him. If you go to his channel and look at his videos, you'll see other videos where he's addressed this case including one uploaded today.

Just bring up the other videos and slide your little thing over until you see a photo of Rittenhouse.

Crime Talk: Let's Talk Kyle Rittenhouse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2zB6yXsX9E
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

If he hadn't been armed and hadn't threatened or seemed to be threatening the protestors, they probably wouldn't have been motivated to chase him down, at risk to their own lives, to disarm him.
In other words, let your business be burned to the ground and don't utter so much as a word of resistance lest this provoke the mob. Even calling the police is considered racist. If you run, they have the right to chase you down and beat you to death with a skateboard, and shoot you in the head with a a handgun. On the other hand, if a criminal flees the police, the police have no right to pursue him lest the pursuit turn deadly and criminal lives need to be protected above all else including law and order. It's amazing how this two tiered system of rights and responsibility works out in the mind of the leftist.

When BLM blocks the path of your vehicle. Don't call the police. Don't hit the gas, lest you run over one of them. Don't get out your gun. Just let them tear you from your car and kick your face in. Cause if one of the BLM protesters is hurt by your actions, that's your fault and you'll be punished in criminal court.

Let's get Biden elected. Once Beto O'Rourke confiscates your weapons of self defense and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez abolishes the police, we'll all be kneeling before BLM and taking kicks to the head for the sin of owning property. BIDEN in 2020!!!
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

What's Trump done to resolve the violence that's been going on for months now? Oh yeah, he's been golfing and tweeting, "better reelect me if you want change."

Who is stupid enough to believe Trump has answers? All he does is manipulate and exploit every situation to make you think "this will continue if you elect Biden." If he isn't motivated enough to do something before an election, why would he bother after being reelected?

Earth to dumbasses, Trump is the President and it is continuing now, under his watch. All he's done is politicize this and driven a wedge through America.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Yeah, I see what you mean, Icarus. I hadn't thought of it in quite that way before, but that really seems to be what Trump is trying to argue, "see how bad things are now? They are going to continue to be this bad if you elect Biden," while expecting his sycophantic, idiot base to ignore the obvious fact that they are this bad now, while he is still President, but somehow not because he is still President.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Icarus wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:46 am
Earth to dumbasses, Trump is the President and it is continuing now, under his watch. All he's done is politicize this and driven a wedge through America.
This is Trump's election strategy.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

moksha wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:56 am
This is Trump's election strategy.
The sad thing is how many of his base are foolish enough to be actually swayed by this strategy. Let's hope there aren't enough of them to reelect Trump.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

There is national unrest in this country as a direct result of Trump's incompetence. Where there are riots on the streets, you've got Trump's greasy fingerprints all over them. He keeps ignoring the meaning behind the protests, and so the protests continue, giving assholes the opportunity to riot and blame liberals.

But according to his supporters, it's Democrats' fault.

The country has never been in worse shape, and these fu-cking morons want another 4 years. Idiocy is their brand.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent