If They're Stupid and You Know It, Clap Your Hands

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: If They're Stupid and You Know It, Clap Your Hands

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I think I'm out-doing myself today.

[X] Exceeds self expectations.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Themis wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:11 am
I sometimes wonder if a lot of republicans would burn the world just to watch the democrats burn.
Oh yeah, I think so. Their cure for grandma's brain tumor is to blow her head off.

Actually, they would shoot themselves in the dick. That seems to be their pattern of logic, anyway.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

In a meeting with the CIA's special activities division, including the division head, our President asked the following question:

"Does anyone want a malt? We have the best malts, you have to try them."

He then brought in an uncleared waiter into the SCIF so he could get a milkshake.

I'd bother to explain why that's stupid and irresponsible, but it's been shown to be pointless since the go-to response is a whatabout or a shrug or some nonsense reply about making West Virginia its own country.

- Doc
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:41 pm
In a meeting with the CIA's special activities division, including the division head, our President asked the following question:

He then brought in an uncleared waiter into the SCIF so he could get a milkshake.

I'd bother to explain why that's stupid and irresponsible, but it's been shown to be pointless since the go-to response is a whatabout or a shrug or some nonsense reply about making West Virginia its own country.

- Doc
The milkshake is obviously his equivalent of smokin' a cig. Screw security clearances.
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

In yet another chapter of Imagine If Obama Had Done This - Covid, Trump Family, Literally Racketeering

1. Eliminate oversight of the spending of nearly a trillion dollars of tax dollars. <- That’s illegal.

2. Acquire the authority to command which businesses get which contracts. <- That’s illegal.

3. Have trusted people stand up companies through which the money can be funneled (3-week-old company, founded through a loan approved via the Coronavirus Stimulus bill, is now the center of medical supply distribution) <- That’s illegal.

“I don’t want to overstate, but we probably represent the largest global supply chain for Covid-19 supplies right now”

and

“We are getting ready to fill 100 million-unit mask orders.”

4. Have the federal government sell, at a reduced price, its strategic stockpile to the new companies, run by your buddies. <- That’s super illegal.

5. Have the states bid on the supplies, driving up the price. <- That’s venal and unethical.

6. Have the federal government spend taxpayer dollars to ship supplies purchased from China to these brand new private companies. <- That’s literally illegal.

7. Eliminate the competition. Attack any company that doesn’t play ball. <- That’s fReE eNtErpRiSe!

I guess I could try to explain why it’s stupid to support this kind of governance, but I have a feeling it’s pointless.

- Doc
Last edited by Guest on Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Get your hands on Cohen's book.
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

[quote="Jersey Girl" post_id=1240593 time=1603225975 user_id=16]
[/quote]

I actually read Bolton’s book about a month or so ago. It’s probably one of the most depressing things I’ve ever read, and I read Where the Red Fern Grows twice. I simply can’t subject my brain to any more insider tell-alls, because, well, when you get into the highly detailed accounting of Trump’s idiocy and sheer stupidity of his base you realize evolution didn’t mean for mankind to think much, if at all. What that means is meme’ing is the only effective way to rule the willing slave and thus a cartoonish buffoon is the one elected official, more often than not, who ascends. It’s also the reason why preachers are successful, or essential oils salesmen, or some other variation of a confidence man seems to find their niche in every culture.

Crazy.

- Doc
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:41 pm

Frankly, I love the idea of Trump drinking a milkshake as he's recovering from COVID. Let's pack on the comorbidity while increasing his overall phlegm production. I see only upsides (other than the shear irresponsibility and recklessness with his staff).
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:31 pm
In yet another chapter of Imagine If Obama Had Done This - Covid, Trump Family, Literally Racketeering

1. Eliminate oversight of the spending of nearly a trillion dollars of tax dollars. <- That’s illegal.

2. Acquire the authority to command which businesses get which contracts. <- That’s illegal.

3. Have trusted people stand up companies through which the money can be funneled (3-week-old company, founded through a loan approved via the Coronavirus Stimulus bill, is now the center of medical supply distribution) <- That’s illegal.

“I don’t want to overstate, but we probably represent the largest global supply chain for Covid-19 supplies right now”

and

“We are getting ready to fill 100 million-unit mask orders.”

4. Have the federal government sell, at a reduced price, its strategic stockpile to the new companies, run by your buddies. <- That’s super illegal.

5. Have the states bid on the supplies, driving up the price. <- That’s venal and unethical.

6. Have the federal government spend taxpayer dollars to ship supplies purchased from China to these brand new private companies. <- That’s literally illegal.

7. Eliminate the competition. Attack any company that doesn’t play ball. <- That’s fReE eNtErpRiSe!

I guess I could try to explain why it’s stupid to support this kind of governance, but I have a feeling it’s pointless.

- Doc
Well, we all know that in Donald's mind, this all is still Obama's fault......
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:48 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:32 pm
I actually read Bolton’s book about a month or so ago. It’s probably one of the most depressing things I’ve ever read, and I read Where the Red Fern Grows twice. I simply can’t subject my brain to any more insider tell-alls, because, well, when you get into the highly detailed accounting of Trump’s idiocy and sheer stupidity of his base you realize evolution didn’t mean for mankind to think much, if at all. What that means is meme’ing is the only effective way to rule the willing slave and thus a cartoonish buffoon is the one elected official, more often than not, who ascends. It’s also the reason why preachers are successful, or essential oils salesmen, or some other variation of a confidence man seems to find their niche in every culture.

Crazy.

- Doc
Cohen's book put me in mind of a Mafia diary. I really, really, found it intriguing. Also read Mary Trump's book. I started Bolton but so far I haven't managed to be able to get "into" it. I know I'll go through Cohen again. That's how much I appreciated it. Of course me being from the EC it had a certain "flavor" that resonated with me.
Chinese Proverb