Faceplant three: Peer review

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: Faceplant three: False Flag Follies.

Post by Some Schmo »

Claiming that the Jan 6 insurrection was actually leftists shows that there is no bottom to the stupidity of this cult. If it wasn't Trump supporters, then why didn't any of the Trump supporters show up for the damned scheduled rally/protest!? Were they just making way for antifa? Who were Trump and Ghouliana talking to just before all this happened?

damned idiots.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Re: Faceplant three: Capitol hill riot.

Post by dantana »

For my once a weekly public opinion piece, I've decided this time to go slightly political, and look at the capitol hill riot.

It seems there is a lot of finger pointing at the Don right now, just because he, weeks in advance, organized a minor pillow fight party on the same day as the certification process.

You can't expect Trump to have known that his little bit of oft repeated whinery would cause people to riot. You can't expect that he would have a grasp of the level of inflammation right now. It's not his job to watch tv where he might've noticed all of the totally peaceful riots this year.... riots that happens every single time there is a planned rally. (1)
He's got better things to do than monitor any alleged vitriol on right side media platforms. Like say, Twitter or Parler, where one of his prize mutton f--kers called for his VP's execution. (2)
He's not a constitutional scholar, and so he should have every right to call - by tweet, while the rioters were in the building, (3) - for Mike Pence's head if Mike doesn't just declare Trump pres. for life.
Silly lefties.

Moderator note: Retaliatory snark will be allowed but is not required and must not exceed that of the OP.

(1) Dereliction of duty by officials in other jurisdictions, by not handing out cracked heads and prison sentences is not relevant to this conversation.

(2)https://www.newsweek.com/parler-nixes-f ... iSRkszk6SM

(3 https://www.newsweek.com/trump-goes-aft ... on-1559431
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Good post, dantana. It was totes peaceful except when we...

...beat a cop to death with a fire extinguisher...
...threw a fire extinguisher at a group of cops...
...broke down doors causing another cop to become pinned and severely injured...
...smashed through an armed barricade despite repeated warnings to stop and someone was shot...
...had people show up with pipe bombs...
...and zip ties...
...and broke into offices and smashed and stole government property...
...ripped signs off the doors and walls...
...Tore the American flag down and replaced it with a Trump flag...
...Screamed to hang Pence and Pelosi...
...Demanded Pelosi's head on a spike...
...Planted pipe bombs at the DNC and RNC...
...Pissed and crap all over the walls...
...But yeah, totes peaceful.

-Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:45 am
Good post, dantana. It was totes peaceful except when we...

...beat a cop to death with a fire extinguisher...
...threw a fire extinguisher at a group of cops...
...broke down doors causing another cop to become pinned and severely injured...
...smashed through an armed barricade despite repeated warnings to stop and someone was shot...
...had people show up with pipe bombs...
...and zip ties...
...and broke into offices and smashed and stole government property...
...ripped signs off the doors and walls...
...Tore the American flag down and replaced it with a Trump flag...
...Screamed to hang Pence and Pelosi...
...Demanded Pelosi's head on a spike...
...Planted pipe bombs at the DNC and RNC...
...Pissed and crap all over the walls...
...But yeah, totes peaceful.

-Doc
Thankyou Doc.

I took the liberty of adding your link; 'Breitbart turns' to my post over there. So far not a single taker.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Crying Rioter BREAKS DOWN After Finding Out He's On The No Fly List
It is amazing how clueless and foolish the Jan 6 Capitol rioters are. They gleefully and proudly take selfies and videos of themselves invading and trashing one of the most sacred institutional buildings in our country, threatening elected congressmen, even some conservative Republicans, whom most of them probably voted for, for failing to somehow overturn the election, and then sobbing piteously because they can't understand why they are now branded as terrorists, and have been put on the no fly list! What an incredible disconnect from reality!

And these are not disadvantaged or unemployed working class folks. They are almost all upper echelon, fairly well to do do or even rich people who could afford both the money and the time off to travel to Washington to participate. Some them were business owners and even CEOs. A few of them actually flew there in their own privately owned jets! I have no sympathy for any of them! They deserve to be punished to the full extent of the law. How can any them have managed to have enough going for them to rise to their current, privileged stations in life, while still remaining clueless and gullible enough to fall for Trump's lies and manipulation?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

It will be interesting to see what happens, if anything, this next week. I truly hope nothing out of the ordinary and that all have learned their lesson, and all the sudden the wise fairy threw pixie dust all over America......hey! One can dream can't they?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:47 am
Crying Rioter BREAKS DOWN After Finding Out He's On The No Fly List
It is amazing how clueless and foolish the Jan 6 Capitol rioters are. They gleefully and proudly take selfies and videos of themselves invading and trashing one of the most sacred institutional buildings in our country, threatening elected congressmen, even some conservative Republicans, whom most of them probably voted for, for failing to somehow overturn the election, and then sobbing piteously because they can't understand why they are now branded as terrorists, and have been put on the no fly list! What an incredible disconnect from reality!

And these are not disadvantaged or unemployed working class folks. They are almost all upper echelon, fairly well to do do or even rich people who could afford both the money and the time off to travel to Washington to participate. Some them were business owners and even CEOs. A few of them actually flew there in their own privately owned jets! I have no sympathy for any of them! They deserve to be punished to the full extent of the law. How can any them have managed to have enough going for them to rise to their current, privileged stations in life, while still remaining clueless and gullible enough to fall for Trump's lies and manipulation?
He was lying.

According to a statement from American Airlines, the video was taken on Friday at Charlotte Douglas International Airport. The company confirmed that the man in the video was removed from a flight to Denver for refusing to comply with the company's policies requiring face coverings for all passengers over the age of 2.
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/e ... pitol-riot
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:20 pm
He was lying.
Who was lying?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Chap wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:35 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:20 pm
He was lying.
Who was lying?
The passenger who claimed he was being kicked off the flight because he was on the terrorist no fly list.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:39 pm
Chap wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:35 pm

Who was lying?
The passenger who claimed he was being kicked off the flight because he was on the terrorist no fly list.
The only relevant thing he shouts seems to be "they call me a f****ing terrorist". Was there any evidence that he claimed to have taken part in the attack on the Capitol?

The article said:
According to a statement from American Airlines, the video was taken on Friday at Charlotte Douglas International Airport. The company confirmed that the man in the video was removed from a flight to Denver for refusing to comply with the company's policies requiring face coverings for all passengers over the age of 2.

The original version of the video, which was initially shared on TikTok, correctly noted that the man had been removed from the flight for refusing to wear a face covering, according to CNN. However, as the video began to cross social media platforms, social media users took liberties with the facts.

American Airlines added that the man to a list of passengers to which it will refuse service, pending an investigation.

While reports of unruly passengers returning from Washington did prompt a warning from the FAA, according to USA Today, there is no evidence that those who participated in the U.S. Capitol insurrection have been added to the no-fly list.

USA Today also reports that Rep. Bennie G. Thompson, D-Miss., has urged TSA and Homeland Security to add those who participated in the riots to the list.

"We already saw reports of 'unruly mobs' in air on the way to Washington, D.C.," Thompson said, according to USA Today. "It does not take much imagination to envision how they might act out on their way out of D.C. if allowed to fly unfettered. This is an action that TSA and the FBI, by law, are able to take but, to my knowledge, have not yet taken. Alleged perpetrators of a domestic terrorist attack who have been identified by the FBI should be held accountable."
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.