Rittenhouse Trial: Calling Res Ipsa

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Rittenhouse Trial: Calling Res Ipsa

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Are there any copies of that drone footage floating around? I’m not having success on Google.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I'll try to find a copy. What I saw was presented by the prosecution.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:48 am
Are there any copies of that drone footage floating around? I’m not having success on Google.

- Doc
Here's the one I viewed. It's time stamped for you.

https://youtu.be/R2zwdAPnZM0?t=602

ETA: I couldn't make out anything the prosecuting attorney was describing. It would have helped (me at least) if they had circled or put a small colored dot the persons in question. I can't see crap in this. Let me know if you can.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:02 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:48 am

- Doc

ETA: I couldn't make out anything the prosecuting attorney was describing. It would have helped (me at least) if they had circled or put a small colored dot the persons in question. I can't see crap in this. Let me know if you can.
Jersey Girl, when he's talking about Kyle laying down the fire extinguisher and then pointing his gun at people, this is where he is. I placed a black arrow there.
R1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

K Graham wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:17 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:02 am

Jersey Girl, when he's talking about Kyle laying down the fire extinguisher and then pointing his gun at people, this is where he is. I placed a black arrow there.

R1.jpg

Holy Lord I couldn't see that. Thanks for the arrow.

Slava Ukraini!
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:22 am
K Graham wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:17 am

R1.jpg

It is hard to make out. He said he was zooming in so people could see clearly but I didn't see it zoom in. As the drone elevates more you see the chase heading into the parking lot and you can see smoke from when he takes the shot.

What struck me was the crowd. People walking in protest in the street. Ajax wanted us thinking every single one of the people there were armed hooligans who were BLM arsonists, looters, rioters, etc. Just as the shot is fired you can see the crowd flee in all directions.

I think the prosecutor makes a good point about him pointing the gun as provocation. The "active shooter" argument seems more plausible now. After all, why was Rittenhouse targeted by Rosenbaum? There were other vigilantes there who weren't bull rushed. What did Rittenhouse do to provoke him?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I still can't see crap when it's moving. It's okay. Probably was more clear in the courtroom. I do disagree with the prosecuting attorney when he says that this activity was what started the sequence.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

K Graham wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:27 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:22 am

It is hard to make out. He said he was zooming in so people could see clearly but I didn't see it zoom in. As the drone elevates more you see the chase heading into the parking lot and you can see smoke from when he takes the shot.

What struck me was the crowd. People walking in protest in the street. Ajax wanted us thinking every single one of the people there were armed hooligans who were BLM arsonists, looters, rioters, etc. Just as the shot is fired you can see the crowd flee in all directions.

I think the prosecutor makes a good point about him pointing the gun as provocation. The "active shooter" argument seems more plausible now. After all, why was Rittenhouse targeted by Rosenbaum? There were other vigilantes there who weren't bull rushed. What did Rittenhouse do to provoke him?
Why was Rittenhouse targeted by Rosenbaum? Because he used the fire extinguisher to put out the dumpster fire and Rosenbaum went ballistic over it.

Slava Ukraini!
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Jersey Girl wrote:
I still can't see crap when it's moving. It's okay. Probably was more clear in the courtroom. I do disagree with the prosecuting attorney when he says that this activity was what started the sequence.
Thing is we don't know what started it and Rittenhouse isn't likely to tell us if he did in fact provoke him in some way. Even if he made verbal threats to shoot him, that would be considered provocation and he couldn't claim self defense.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:28 am
K Graham wrote:

Why was Rittenhouse targeted by Rosenbaum? Because he used the fire extinguisher to put out the dumpster fire and Rosenbaum went ballistic over it.
Possibly, but do we really know that? If he can be seen pointing his gun at Rosenbaum before any chase ensues, then that would be enough to establish provocation. Especially is it is against the law to point your gun at people.