The First Plastic First Family

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Re: The First Plastic First Family

Post by _Some Schmo »

Maksutov wrote:Come on, Schmo. There's enough insane stuff that Trump's doing to go after without being distracted by his wife and kids. That's unseemly. The man is marching into impeachable territory, whether his wife is Melania or Mother Teresa.

I agree with you.

I am not distracted by Melania, but it doesn't consume great amounts of my time to make a passing comment on the results of her plastic surgery. She seems like an ok person; I don't really know anything about her. Don't really care, To be honest.

Here's what I will say; I'm sure she married Drumpf for his money, and it seems to me she's earning every penny.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote: ... I'm a Flaming Heterosexual. ...

Nobody doubts it, nobody at all. Not a bit of it.

But ... I shouldn't go on about it, my dear old bean. You've said it twice recently. Looks a bit, y'know, nervous. Word to the wise, and all that. Wouldn't like to give people the wrong idea.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_MissTish
_Emeritus

Post by _MissTish »

Jersey Girl wrote:You know what we call a guy who superficially devalues or elevates a woman by critiquing her looks like she's an object?

Mr. President :wink:
People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people, Jeremy.- Super Hans

We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.- H. L. Mencken
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

MissTish wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:You know what we call a guy who superficially devalues or elevates a woman by critiquing her looks like she's an object?

Mr. President :wink:

:lol:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Chap wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote: ... I'm a Flaming Heterosexual. ...

Nobody doubts it, nobody at all. Not a bit of it.

But ... I shouldn't go on about it, my dear old bean. You've said it twice recently. Looks a bit, y'know, nervous. Word to the wise, and all that. Wouldn't like to give people the wrong idea.

I've given y'all two opportunities to click on my hot link now. Y'all droppin' the balls.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:Melania is by far the most embarrassing First Lady.

Melania hasn't even begun her work as First Lady. She and Ivanka are mothers, they run multimillion dollar companies and what do you run besides your mouth?

You wouldn't know a nose job from a photo shop job from contour make up. And what difference does it make? You know what we call a guy who superficially devalues or elevates a woman by critiquing her looks like she's an object?

Misogynist.

+1000
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:Melania is by far the most embarrassing First Lady.

Melania hasn't even begun her work as First Lady. She and Ivanka are mothers, they run multimillion dollar companies and what do you run besides your mouth?

You wouldn't know a nose job from a photo shop job from contour make up. And what difference does it make? You know what we call a guy who superficially devalues or elevates a woman by critiquing her looks like she's an object?

Misogynist.

You sound exactly like Trump and these idiot Republicans who worship him because he is wealthy. All I did was post an image noting that this shocked me to see the difference. It is stark as the before and after photos of Michael Jackson. The point was the hypocrisy not only from Republicans but also Trump who is on record making fun of women who have "fake tits." Everything about his wife is fake. She is not only fake on the outside, but there is no redeeming qualities from her as an individual. Like I said, she has lied to the American people about her education and she has the audacity to preach about values and morals while (mimicking Michelle) rationalizing the despicable behavior of her husband. She also worked illegally while supporting her husband's bigoted agenda on immigration. She said the difference between her and the illegals is that "I followed the law." Uh, no she didn't. She came here as an immigrant and worked illegally and she got away with it because she was wealthy, white and a hot model. If she were a short fat old brown Brazilian who came here and got a job while on a student visa she would have been deported in a heartbeat. She is not only the quintessential Stepford wife but a perfect exactly of what white privilege is all about.

And Misogyny "is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls." I voted for a woman for President and I haven't "devalued" Melania based on looks I'm pointing out hypocrisy that everyone is ignoring.

As far as I can tell Melania Trump is the only first lady who is the third wife of a president.
The first to be born and raised in a communist nation.
The first to have had plastic surgery.
The first to have lied about her education.
The first to have posed nude.
The first to have posed laying nude in homo-erotic scenes with other women.

Gotta love those Republican Christian values.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Kevin Graham wrote:
And Misogyny "is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls." I voted for a woman for President and I haven't "devalued" Melania based on looks I'm pointing out hypocrisy that everyone is ignoring.

Ya want me to quote you?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Misogynist.

That is true. That's what we call those people.

However, I don't think Kevin has been doing that in this thread. The thread is about GOP hypocrisy, not Melania's value as a human being based on having had plastic surgery. I'm not sure if Kevin's assessment of her character is accurate, but I'm fairly confident he hasn't been judging her based on her looks. If anything, he's judging others for giving her a pass based on her looks.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Some Schmo wrote:

Misogynist.

That is true. That's what we call those people.

However, I don't think Kevin has been doing that in this thread. The thread is about GOP hypocrisy, not Melania's value as a human being based on having had plastic surgery. I'm not sure if Kevin's assessment of her character is accurate, but I'm fairly confident he hasn't been judging her based on her looks. If anything, he's judging others for giving her a pass based on her looks.

I disagree, Schmo. Kevin has pivoted to GOP hypocrisy as a rationalization. But reread his first few posts. They are ugly and demeaning.

And she deserves it because of choices she's made? Really? Sounds too much like "she deserved to get raped because she chose to wear slutty clothes."
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951