The DoubtingThomas dating / relationships MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Go to a bar?

Post by _moksha »

Shulem and Dr. Peterson walk into a bar and seat themselves at a table.

A barperson asks Shulem what he will have. Shulem says he wants an answer as to whether a woodcutting from one of the Book of Abraham facsimiles was originally Anubis.

The barperson then asks Dr. Peterson what he wants. He orders a snifter of Mr. Pibb and a platter of cookies. Before leaving the barperson asks if there would be anything else. Peterson and Shulem look at each other then simultaneously ask if there is any Perfume on the jukebox. "No" replies the barperson, "but we do have an old Chipmunks Christmas song".
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Chap wrote:
Kittens_and_Jesus wrote:You invited her and ”our son" out for breakfast?

As in 'the person who was at the time just her son from a previous relationship, but is ours since we got married', I suspect.

It was a ways before we got married wherein he laid claim to me, and I him... but essentially, Chap read it right.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Doctor Steuss wrote:It was a ways before we got married wherein he laid claim to me, and I him... but essentially, Chap read it right.

I see that we've both been there, done that, and got the nice kid - without all those sleepless nights and nappies that normally accompany such acquisitions, and also with the nice sense that they chose us!

(I have a couple of the other kind too, and they are great!)
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Dr. Shades wrote:Yeah, because God forbid you meet a woman who isn't pretty or is overweight.

I think most girls (I would say about 60%) are beautiful and not obese. I am fine with a woman that is a little bit overweight.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

honorentheos wrote:No, it's not. Not at all. Dull, unattractive, uninteresting, unemployed, overbearing guys finish last. Being a "nice guy" is probably a misunderstanding as it more likely refers to treating someone differently than you would any other person with whom you are friends. Doing that isn't being a nice guy. It's being weird.

I am friendly and I always try the friends first approach, but still no success. I do take things very slow and I am very patient, but it just doesn't work out. Most girls at work already have a boyfriend or a spouse, and have kids. There are not many women available. Life is not easy for me and I am obviously not happy. I can't say things like"All is well, God is going to help me". But oh well, I guess I simply need to start using Tinder.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

subgenius wrote:2. If you don't have lots of friends maybe you're not a nice guy? maybe just an awkward guy... being harmless is not always the same as being nice..

I am not stupid.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Chap wrote:DISCLAIMER: I have never used Tinder myself. But I am on good terms with a group of people aged from 20-30 who have met nice friends that way, two of whom I have met on social terms. They both looked quite normal, and were even actively pleasant.

I will have to give it a try.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

DT,

You should try Grindr.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:DT,

You should try Grindr.

- Doc

WTF! I am not gay dude and I don't want to meet you. But let me know if you have a daughter in her late teens (18-19) or early 20s.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:DT,

You should try Grindr.

- Doc

WTF! I am not gay dude and I don't want to meet you. But let me know if you have a beautiful daughter in her late teens or early 20s .

Are you homophobic, DT? I'm sure there are quite a few twinks and lollis that would love to give you the time of the day. You're more likely to find a cute trans girl who'd give you the time of the day than a biological one. The latter generally want guys who're top tier physically, or once they're done partying will be willing to settle down, but only for a guy who has financial stability.

Whattya got to lose, homeslice?

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.