Biden delivers

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Biden delivers

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I think it’s a virtual lock he picks an AA woman in light of recent events. He’d be smart to pick someone with a strong background in law.

eta: He picks an AA woman (not what’s-her-nuts from Georgia, though) and he wins this thing. 100%.

- Doc
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:20 pm
I think it’s a virtual lock he picks an AA woman in light of recent events. He’d be smart to pick someone with a strong background in law.

eta: He picks an AA woman (not what’s-her-nuts from Georgia, though) and he wins this thing. 100%.

- Doc
You mean Stacey Abrams? Why not?
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

I dunno. It’s just a feeling. It’s about electoral votes. There’s a rep from Florida that could help him win the state, the Dems’ bane of Gore’s and Hillary Clinton’s campaigns. There’s also an AG out of NY that’d be a smart pick, her name escapes me.

One sec. Googling.

https://ag.ny.gov/

Letitia James.

That’d be my pick.

- Doc
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:31 pm
I dunno. It’s just a feeling. It’s about electoral votes. There’s a rep from Florida that could help him win the state, the Dems’ bane of Gore’s and Hillary Clinton’s campaigns. There’s also an AG out of NY that’d be a smart pick, her name escapes me.

One sec. Googling.

https://ag.ny.gov/

Letitia James.

That’d be my pick.

- Doc
Okay I don't know who that is. Will check her out. I have to say I'm happy you didn't suggest Kamala Harris. I wasn't at all impressed with her performance on the debate stage.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Well. She’s savvy, for sure. I just don’t think a Californian does the trick for the East coast or Rust Belt. A Texan could work. I’ll have to google some more.

- Doc
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
I think it’s a virtual lock he picks an AA woman in light of recent events.
So what is he waiting for? Now is the time. He won't do it. He will announce his VP in August and it will be a white woman or Kamala Harris (not African American).
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:46 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
I think it’s a virtual lock he picks an AA woman in light of recent events.
So what is he waiting for? Now is the time. He won't do it. He will announce his VP in August and it will be a white woman or Kamala Harris (not African American).
Kamala Harris does identify as Black though.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:16 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:29 pm
I don't think he was going to pick an African American woman for VP before this incident, though.
Biden will NOT pick an African-American woman for VP. I will vote for him if he does, but he won't.

"He added, “By choosing a woman — or, say, an African-American woman, in particular — Biden . . . would be sending a message to voters about who he is — specifically, that he is someone who values diversity and the role that women — or African American women, in particular — play in American society and in the Democratic Party. That message probably would help to win him some votes. But we’re not exactly talking about ‘delivering’ large blocs of voters.”

"Party elites tend to indicate that the Democrats’ path to victory is winning white voters in the Midwest — as opposed to firing up more liberal voters or increasing support among people of color. So this metric (party elites’ perceptions of electability) would likely favor Baldwin, Klobuchar and Whitmer in particular."

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/wi ... -identity/
I will come back to this post in August.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

DT I had to do some investigation on the above. Jamaican's are of African descent. So Kamala Harris is indeed African American.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:51 pm
Kamala Harris does identify as Black though.
I won't vote for Biden/Harris. No need, Trump is going to lose anyway.