Hair cut or not?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Re: Hair cut or not?

Post by _Themis »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:09 pm
What it actually makes her look like is an elitist who was looking for special favor and got it. Right on camera.
Which is what the opposition wants. I agree that she should have known better, but sometimes with so many things going on we can be ignorant of some rules. Also people, even smart ones, tend to go with what people who are supposed to know better then you what the rules are. Certainly they should really know, so did they lie? Why do we have video of this event. Do we see the whole event or just the parts to make her look bad. In the end it appears very reasonable she could have been set up, which is a common trick in politics. I would also suggest she is probably significantly better at following the rules then those who will attack her, so if I am going to choose, I will go with those who make less bad choices.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Themis wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:13 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:09 pm
What it actually makes her look like is an elitist who was looking for special favor and got it. Right on camera.
Which is what the opposition wants. I agree that she should have known better, but sometimes with so many things going on we can be ignorant of some rules. Also people, even smart ones, tend to go with what people who are supposed to know better then you what the rules are. Certainly they should really know, so did they lie? Why do we have video of this event. Do we see the whole event or just the parts to make her look bad. In the end it appears very reasonable she could have been set up, which is a common trick in politics. I would also suggest she is probably significantly better at following the rules then those who will attack her, so if I am going to choose, I will go with those who make less bad choices.
You know, Themis, now that I think about it, if the shop owner offered her the in-shop deal, I can certainly place ultimate responsibility in his/her hands. But how do I excuse not wearing a mask? If she had--a shampoo, cut, and blow out--Brazilian or otherwise, you do not need to remove a mask for that.

Today I did a dermatology skin exam. Living at high altitude, it's important. For one part of it, I had my mask removed for just a few minutes while the derm checked out my face. In a couple of weeks, I have a dental cleaning coming up--of course I need to remove a mask for that procedure. The dentist has all kinds of built in safeguards in place prior to mask removal.

But a hair salon visit? Listen, unless she was doing some kind of facial waxing, I can think of no reason to remove a mask. I don't think shops are even doing facials right now though I'm not sure. All that was mentioned was work on her hair.

Maybe I'll think better of it as time goes on or the shop owner comes out with a statement. I haven't seen that yet.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:12 am
You know, Themis, now that I think about it, if the shop owner offered her the in-shop deal, I can certainly place ultimate responsibility in his/her hands. But how do I excuse not wearing a mask? If she had--a shampoo, cut, and blow out--Brazilian or otherwise, you do not need to remove a mask for that.
It's my understanding she wore the mask most of the time except when she got her hair washed. Don't know if people are expected to wear a mask while their hair is washed. I could see it might get wet.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:10 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:41 pm
The local barbershops where I live are now legally open for business. I finally got a haircut. In fact, I got more than one of my hairs cut (but only the ones on my head).
I can't believe you got your pony cut off! I loved it so much! You looked like a Viking! :lol:
Well, the pony was so ragged looking and pathetic, I had no choice but to get rid of it. My fellow Vikings ridiculed it mercilessly.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Themis wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:22 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
It's my understanding she wore the mask most of the time except when she got her hair washed. Don't know if people are expected to wear a mask while their hair is washed. I could see it might get wet.
Getting a shampoo isn't necessary to begin with, though. I never do a shampoo in the shop. I shampoo the day I go in. I don't recall at the moment if you have to wash or rinse after the treatment for Brazilian or Keratin. Both contain formaldehyde but...I'll look that up. I feel like it's a little crazy to be dwelling on this but I want to know.

Anyway, let's say she did have to remove her mask to wet her hair at the shampoo station. The video shows her walking through the shop without it. I guess if I had done that (which I wouldn't to begin with) for a shampoo, I would have put it immediately back on before I left the shampoo area.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

So here's the process for Brazilian blowout. I didn't think there was a shampoo involved, and there isn't. What there is, is a trip to the shampoo station for a deep conditioner that doesn't look like it's rinsed out.

Brazilian Blowout Step By Step Tutorial // Everything You Need to Know // Daniella Benita
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mJHAmViHGs

Well, we are not sure exactly what she got. If it was only a shampoo and regular blowout, I have no idea why she'd go to a salon for that to begin with. The reason I mentioned the Brazilian and later, Keratin treatment is because she works in a humid climate and she might want to combat frizz.

Says a Jersey Girl who knows what East Coast frizz due to humidity is.

:lol:
Chinese Proverb
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Themis wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:22 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Except the video image clearly shows her not wearing mask while not getting her hair washed/rinsed/whatever.
Walking through salon with no mask is the reality you are trying to avoid.

But don't worry, San Francisco mayor is doing the heavy lifting for ya. No need for you to struggle with "understanding".
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:31 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:10 pm

I can't believe you got your pony cut off! I loved it so much! You looked like a Viking! :lol:
Well, the pony was so ragged looking and pathetic, I had no choice but to get rid of it. My fellow Vikings ridiculed it mercilessly.
I thought it looked rugged and manly. What do Vikings know anyway?
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Oh yeah. There's a Salongate alright. Looks like someone is going to either be fined or lose their license entirely. Emphasis mine.
"I just thought about, you know, my staff and people not being able to work and make money and provide for their families. And if she's in there comfortably, without a mask and feeling safe, then why are we shut down?" Kious told Fox News' Tucker Carlson on Wednesday evening.

Less than two hours later, Jonathan DeNardo, the stylist who blew out Pelosi's hair, released a statement through an attorney contradicting Kious.

The statement says the law firm is in possession of photographs and videotape that show that Kious has been operating her salon in violation of state and local restrictions since April. The statement also says that Kious authorized Pelosi coming to the salon for her blow-out, and that she was critical of the House speaker because she erroneously believed Pelosi was behind the restrictions that shut down her salon. (The rules were put in place by Gov. Gavin Newsom and San Francisco Mayor London Breed.)

"Ms. Kious has also been actively encouraging and almost forcing stylists who operate at eSalon to violate such orders for her own financial benefit in the form of receiving lease payments," the statement says. "The fact that Ms. Kious is now objecting to Speaker Pelosi’s presence at eSalon, and from a simple surface-level review of Ms. Kious’ political leanings, it appears Ms. Kious is furthering a set-up of Speaker Pelosi for her own vain aspirations."
https://news.yahoo.com/hair-salon-fall- ... 59729.html
Chinese Proverb