Massive School Walkout Across Florida and Elsewhere

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Maxine Waters
_Emeritus

Re: Massive School Walkout Across Florida and Elsewhere

Post by _Maxine Waters »

Well. Off the top off my ample head I can think of a few:

You don't believe policemen should be armed either, right?
“There were mothers who took this [Rodney King LA riots] as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes ... They are not crooks.”

This liberal would be about socializing . . . uh, umm. . . . Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Maxine Waters wrote:
Well. Off the top off my ample head I can think of a few:

You don't believe policemen should be armed either, right?

You don't think Chinese people make a decent goulash, right?

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
You don't think Chinese people make a decent goulash, right?

- Doc

Thanks for bothering to do some thinking on this, Doc. Majax doesn't consider the lives of young people worth the effort. :rolleyes:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

suppose you have several guns yourself and live on the outskirts of town A, a gun-friendly town where the entire population is armed to the hilt for self-protection and trips to the range. there are gun stores all over, the pawn shops are brimming with guns, and all kinds of gun events and rallies. If a cop pulls you over, your AR-15 on the back seat and 20 filled clips may get you out of the ticket as a chat about the range ensues. The schools have an armed cop on patrol and 70 percent of the teachers carry. Town B has a full gun ban excepting a few LE who reside there. Possession of firearms or ammunition will get you jail time. On the road between town A and B, there are daily random stops and searches; chances are you could make it to B with a gun, but it's risky.

Since you're on the outskirts of A, you have the option of taking your kids to school A or school B, which one do you pick?
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

Gadianton wrote:suppose you have several guns yourself and live on the outskirts of town A, a gun-friendly town where the entire population is armed to the hilt for self-protection and trips to the range. there are gun stores all over, the pawn shops are brimming with guns, and all kinds of gun events and rallies. If a cop pulls you over, your AR-15 on the back seat and 20 filled clips may get you out of the ticket as a chat about the range ensues. The schools have an armed cop on patrol and 70 percent of the teachers carry. Town B has a full gun ban excepting a few LE who reside there. Possession of firearms or ammunition will get you jail time. On the road between town A and B, there are daily random stops and searches; chances are you could make it to B with a gun, but it's risky.

Since you're on the outskirts of A, you have the option of taking your kids to school A or school B, which one do you pick?

Any of the ones that actually exists. Not the ones that only exist in your fantasy land of liberal “straw towns” comparisons.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

17 kids were just murdered and this fobbit is getting hung up on an analogy.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:17 kids were just murdered and this fobbit is getting hung up on an analogy.

- Doc

17 people were brutally and tragically murdered because our governments refused to act upon specific and repetitive warnings and information on this psycho that was hand delivered and laid at their feet.

But clouded thinkers, such as you, would rather convince us to believe that the government will continue to protect us, turn over our arms and abandoned our right to protect ourselves.

Yep - you definitely qualify to spend your life posting here.
_Maxine Waters
_Emeritus

Post by _Maxine Waters »

Majax doesn't consider the lives of young people worth the effort. :rolleyes:

You're way off on this. I consider all lives worth the effort. That's why I support our right to protect ourselves. For you, it's a matter of statistics. If fewer people overall are killed by guns (including street pharmacists and pimps who embrace the lifestyle because it's easier), you're ok with a significant minority of law biding citizens being left defenseless in their homes or in their car against burglars and other criminals. They're just collateral damage to you. They're lives are of no more value than the gangsters and criminals who choose that lifestyle or in many cases perpetrate the crimes. You probably think their crimes are our fault for not having paid enough taxes and thus the reason they had to embrace the gangster lifestyle. Who wants to pick lettuce for $10/hr right? Whatever the murder rate, it shouldn't take away my right to defend myself nor force me to rely upon a government or a tyrannical majority who honestly does not care about me or my family. That's what the intent of the founders of this nation was when they wrote the 2nd amendment.
“There were mothers who took this [Rodney King LA riots] as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes ... They are not crooks.”

This liberal would be about socializing . . . uh, umm. . . . Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Bach wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:17 kids were just murdered and this fobbit is getting hung up on an analogy.

- Doc

17 people were brutally and tragically murdered because our governments refused to act upon specific and repetitive warnings and information on this psycho that was hand delivered and laid at their feet.

But clouded thinkers, such as you, would rather convince us to believe that the government will continue to protect us, turn over our arms and abandoned our right to protect ourselves.

Yep - you definitely qualify to spend your life posting here.

What, specifically, do you think "governments" should have done with those warnings? Walk me through what you think should've happened.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

EAllusion wrote:What, specifically, do you think "governments" should have done with those warnings? Walk me through what you think should've happened.

Here's the part where bach disappears.