Trump Being Treasonous on Television

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Re: Trump Being Treasonous on Television

Post by _Chap »

Water Dog wrote:McCain, the plutocrat, holding the state of Arizona hostage with his ego. Even with brain cancer the man won't step aside and allow Arizona to have representation. I have heard credible rumor through friends of mine in the Arizona GOP that he is refusing to step down because he wants his wife appointed to succeed him but there is resistance to this idea. No joke.

Frankly, yuk.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

Every Trump supporter or defender is Putin's puppet.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

Curious how you folks here will react to this...

Angelo Codevilla wrote:The high professional quality of Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin’s performance at their Monday press conference in Helsinki contrasts sharply with the obloquy by which the bipartisan U.S. ruling class showcases its willful incompetence.

Though I voted for Trump, I’ve never been a fan of his and I am not one now. But, having taught diplomacy for many years, I would choose the Trump-Putin press conference as an exemplar of how these things should be done. Both spoke with the frankness and specificity of serious business. This performance rates an A+.

What that ignorant “journalist” was demanding of Trump—precisely what the credentialed experts should know better than to have demanded—was that the president of the United States scream at the president of Russia for all his evils. Competitive “virtue signaling” has become the way of political life in America. To the extent that it bleeds into America’s foreign policy, we are all in big trouble.

https://amgreatness.com/2018/07/17/dipl ... rit-small/
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:Trump:
“President Putin said it’s not Russia. I don’t see any reason why it should be … I will tell you, President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial.”

Ooh, Putin was so strong and powerful!

Lol. Dude sounds like a teenage girl fawning over the male cast of Twilight or somesuch.

I'm reading that quote for about the 5K time. It just now struck me that he might have been blowing sunshine up Putin's butt with that. You know, slinging BS to make Putin think he's got an in with the President.

Or he's really GOT an in with the President.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Water Dog wrote:McCain, the plutocrat, holding the state of Arizona hostage with his ego. Even with brain cancer the man won't step aside and allow Arizona to have representation. I have heard credible rumor through friends of mine in the Arizona GOP that he is refusing to step down because he wants his wife appointed to succeed him but there is resistance to this idea. No joke.

There has been a rumor going around in Arizona here that our Governor will appoint McCain's wife after he retires. I don't really know if it is true or not. Another reason could be that McCain hasn't retired earlier this year is that there would have been a election held for that Senate seat, and that the Democrats would have had a pretty good chance of picking up that Senate seat. There is a pretty good chance that the Democrats will be able to pick up Flake's seat with Democratic Congresswoman Sinema leading in the polls. Arizona here is turning purple.
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Water Dog wrote:But, having taught diplomacy for many years, I would choose the Trump-Putin press conference as an exemplar of how these things should be done. Both spoke with the frankness and specificity of serious business. This performance rates an A+

He was asked point blank whether he accepted the findings from American intelligence agencies over the word of Putin and Trump immediately derailed and started babbling about "no collusion" (not the question) and Hillary Clinton's "missing emails" (not the question). This moron's response was to go along withe Trump's BS by saying they were right to dodge the question and say we can't know for sure if Russia was involved unless we don't have a missing server. This is irrelevant to the question as to whether Trump believes his intelligence agencies who say they know with absolute certainty that Russia meddled and has been attacking us.

The Associated Press reporter demanded that Trump state whether he believes the opinions of U.S. intelligence leaders or those of Putin. It would be healthy for America were it to digest Trump’s answer: The truth about the charge that Russia stole the contents of the Democratic National Committee’s computer server is not to be found in the opinions of any persons whatever. The truth can be discovered only by examining the server in question—assuming it has not been tampered with since the alleged event. But, said Trump emphatically, those making the accusations against Russia have refused to let the server be examined by U.S. intelligence or by any independent experts. What is the point of accusations coupled with refusal of access to the facts of the matter?

Seriously? He then goes on to attack the journalist, is typical Trumpian fashion. The journalist did his damned job by asking the tough questions everyone in America wants Trump to answer.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

canpakes wrote:Trump:
“President Putin said it’s not Russia. I don’t see any reason why it should be … I will tell you, President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial.”

Ooh, Putin was so strong and powerful!

Lol. Dude sounds like a teenage girl fawning over the male cast of Twilight or somesuch.

Jersey Girl wrote:
I'm reading that quote for about the 5K time. It just now struck me that he might have been blowing sunshine up Putin's butt with that. You know, slinging ____ to make Putin think he's got an in with the President.

Ockham's razor suggests that one should reject more complex explanations that require us to imagine extra factors like Trump's supposed hidden subtlety, in favor of the simple one: Trump is just, like he always does, doing whatever will make the interaction immediately rewarding for himself.

With dictators - Kim, Erdogan, Putin, he gets that by abject abasement in front of their wonderfulness. Then they tell him he is a great leader, and he feels great about being their bestest friend.

In another context, where the potential rewards are different, he'll say the opposite. See for instance his recent behaviour in the UK: when interviewed by a newspaper (The Sun) owned by Murdoch, whom he admires and whose support he needs, he rubbishes the British prime minister Theresa May, her leadership, and her policies in relation to the European Union. 24 hours later, when she is giving him dinner in Winston Churchill's ancestral home, surrounded by flattering pageantry, he says she is the best thing since sliced bread.

He is all facade. No need to imagine anything behind that cardboard store-front.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

Water Dog wrote:Curious how you folks here will react to this...

Who is more likely to tell the president of the US the truth in regards to Russian meddling, Us intelligence or Putin? Has Putin provided any evidence or has it just been rigorous denials of involvement? Did Putin not at one time also rigorously deny invading Crimea?
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Chap wrote:

Frankly, yuk.

Never mind Trump the plutocrat holding the world hostage with his ego. The Dog's little traitorous bitch whining just won't stop.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:

I'm reading that quote for about the 5K time. It just now struck me that he might have been blowing sunshine up Putin's butt with that. You know, slinging BS to make Putin think he's got an in with the President.

Honestly, Jersey Girl, I would love to believe that this is just Trump playing the long game, but it doesn’t seem very likely, considering that Trump doesn’t seem that sophisticated (at least he hasn’t ever offered any reason to think otherwise), and Putin isn’t that stupid.

Given the second item above, Trump would be exploring his Dunning-Kruger limits in thinking that he is going to outsmart Putin with flattery. Trump has only managed to look competent so far, and only on domestic issues, because he has had the unwavering support of Republicans in Congress and the Federalist Society eager to work their agenda through him and do his work for him.