Romney on Pardoning Trump

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Romney on Pardoning Trump

Post by ajax18 »

Brack wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 5:59 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 1:33 pm
How is putting on a hoax that Russia collided with Trump to win the election and it was therefore illegitimate a peaceful transfer of power?
There is no bigger hoax than the 2020 stolen election hoax.
Well 2020 is lost. Now we all get to live with the consequences of that loss. Enjoy it.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 8:40 pm
Brack wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 5:59 pm
There is no bigger hoax than the 2020 stolen election hoax.
Well 2020 is lost. Now we all get to live with the consequences of that loss. Enjoy it.
Low unemployment, energy independence, record 401k balances, steady GDP growth, steady manufacturing employment growth, reduced deficit spending, record stock market returns, more border enforcement than the previous administration, record corporate profits, reduced violent crime rates, an economy so hot that fed rates had to be continuously raised to cool it off to wrangle in inflation.

A true hellscape. It's a miracle any of us have survived. Thoughts and prayers.

Seriously, if any of the economic data from Biden were under a Republican, you'd be crowing about it. And this is coming from someone who would be tempted to vote 3rd party for a marsupial turd shoved inside of a Muppet rather than the neurosyphilis Nazi, and dementia neo-liberal that the duopoly has served up.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 9:11 pm
Low unemployment, energy independence, record 401k balances, steady GDP growth, steady manufacturing employment growth, reduced deficit spending, record stock market returns, more border enforcement than the previous administration, record corporate profits, reduced violent crime rates, an economy so hot that fed rates had to be continuously raised to cool it off to wrangle in inflation.

A true hellscape. It's a miracle any of us have survived. Thoughts and prayers.

Seriously, if any of the economic data from Biden were under a Republican, you'd be crowing about it. And this is coming from someone who would be tempted to vote 3rd party for a marsupial turd shoved inside of a Muppet rather than the neurosyphilis Nazi, and dementia neo-liberal that the duopoly has served up.
It amazes me how Ajax can continue to remain (or pretend to be) oblivious to the abundant and incontrovertible evidence of how much better all the most important economic indicators have been since Biden and the Democrats won the last general election. Either he is immensely stupid himself or stubbornly assumes without evidence that we all must be. All this has been abundantly pointed out to him before, and he still makes not even the slightest attempt cite any plausible evidence that even begins to refute it! Obviously, empirical evidence and sound reasoning have very little to no influence on what he believes or chooses to believe!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Doctor Steuss wrote:

I may not agree with Ajax but I have some idea of where he is coming from and thinking. I have absolutely no clue as to the meaning of your comment about dementia neo liberal. Not looking for a fight just finding myself curious as to what you are thinking.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

huckelberry wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 11:40 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:

I may not agree with Ajax but I have some idea of where he is coming from and thinking. I have absolutely no clue as to the meaning of your comment about dementia neo liberal. Not looking for a fight just finding myself curious as to what you are thinking.
Biden is obviously cognitively declined; sometimes to the point of wondering where he’s at or thinking he’s talking to someone different when addressing a person. Biden also is actually a centrist which means he serves the interests of Big Corporations, AIPAC, and other things that are hurting Americans while, to his credit, trying to serve the aforementioned Americans.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 5:16 pm
Trump ordered the protesters to be peaceful. It's in his speech. Why don't you let the voters decide if Trump should be president? Yes, that's right, because like Ralph Nadler, you believe that the voters cannot be trusted? How democratic is that on your part? You don't want to save democracy. You want an authoritarian left wing dictatorship, immune from elections to check their terrible policy that they refuse to change regardless of what it has done to the American people and our economy.
The voters in a sense have their choices narrowed for them before they cast a ballot anyway. We have a duopoly of two parties. One of those two parties, the GOP, has abandoned democracy and embraced authoritarian rule. The Republicans signaled this clearly when they substituted "whatever Trump says" for their party platform. One party, that is corrupted, debased, and that has given itself over to a form of government that is antithetical to the Constitution, i.e. the GOP, should not get the opportunity to abolish Constitutional government. Anyone who chooses authoritarianism over democracy should not be able to vote. It is like claiming the right to be a doctor in order to murder your patient. You have already abandoned the basic terms of the role and should not be permitted to practice medicine.

And I am sorry, but you are either a liar or a fool. You call protecting democracy "a left wing dictatorship," but you have nothing to back this up. It is Trump who has attacked democracy. It is Trump who has taken over the GOP and transformed it into the lapdog of authoritarianism. It is Trump who refuses to accept the outcome of free and fair elections. It is Trump who lied about the election being stolen, and who failed to prove it 60 or more times in court, sometimes in front of judges appointed by him! Stop lying to yourself and others. Trump is transparently the wannabe dictator.
"Great power connected with ambition, luxury and flattery, will as readily produce a Caesar, Caligula, Nero and Domitian in America, as the same causes did in the Roman Empire." ~Cato, New York Journal
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 2:51 pm
Other than the corporate media's endless repetition of this theme, where is it? It isn't there. He bitched about the election and still believes he won. That isn't a crime, although we have a bunch of BS lawsuits claiming otherwise and they are going down in flames in the court of public opinion:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ (take a look at the polling on the right of the page)

Biden should drop out and probably will after the debates.
I have to conclude that you are a very poorly informed person. The loser of a free and fair election concedes. Period. The loser of a free and fair election does not file dozens of lawsuits based on nothing more than conspiracy theories. He does not pressure the vice president to stop the count of electoral ballets. He does not come up with a fake elector scheme. He does not have his followers storm the Capitol to stop the counting of electoral ballots.

Anyone who is not interested in protecting the democracy we have is an enemy of our Constitutional government. You are essentially an ally of people like ajax.There is almost no point engaging with you, and I find that regrettable. You and your posts are even better evidence than ajax that we are in deep, deep trouble.
"Great power connected with ambition, luxury and flattery, will as readily produce a Caesar, Caligula, Nero and Domitian in America, as the same causes did in the Roman Empire." ~Cato, New York Journal
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 9:04 am
Dr Exiled wrote:
Other than the corporate media's endless repetition of this theme, where is it? It isn't there. He bitched about the election and still believes he won. That isn't a crime, although we have a bunch of BS lawsuits claiming otherwise and they are going down in flames in the court of public opinion:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ (take a look at the polling on the right of the page)

I have to conclude that you are a very poorly informed person. The loser of a free and fair election concedes. Period. The loser of a free and fair election does not file dozens of lawsuits based on nothing more than conspiracy theories. He does not pressure the vice president to stop the count of electoral ballets. He does not come up with a fake elector scheme. He does not have his followers storm the Capitol to stop the counting of electoral ballots.

Anyone who is not interested in protecting the democracy we have is an enemy of our Constitutional government. You are essentially an ally of people like ajax.There is almost no point engaging with you, and I find that regrettable. You and your posts are even better evidence than ajax that we are in deep, deep trouble.
1. Talk to Stacy Abrams about this invented requirement to concede. Also, Hillary Clinton conceded then spent the next 4 years falsely claiming Russia made her lose.

2. There is more to it than just conspiracy theories. There were some irregularities in the election. Normally the counting doesn't stop like it did. There were a lot more mail-in ballots in 2020 than in prior elections and mail-in ballots are more susceptible to being manipulated. Even so, he lost all the challenges. However, it isn't criminal to contest elections.

3. This goes to the victim mentality that pervades our country. The Vice President is a big boy and declined to follow what Trump said. You are equating your TDS with reality.

4. Look at the Hawaii case from 1960 regarding alternative electors. In that case, there was a dispute and Hawaii ended up sending three different sets of electors to be counted in the electoral college. Originally Nixon won, then after a challenge, Kennedy won. Separate Nixon electors, Kennedy electors and then electors certified by the Hawaii governor were sent to the electoral college. There is precedent for it. https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CRE ... 6609-2.htm; see also, Bush v. Gore, a wrongly decided case that prematurely stopped the counting in Florida. https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/531/98/ Gore should have won and should have continued to fight but didn't. Further, Kerry should have fought harder regarding Ohio. There was a lot of mischief in that election and Kerry had good cause to dispute it. But, yes they weren't Trump, the dictator, right? Even though he left office and didn't remain forever, we are supposed to believe the current nonsense about him now.

5. Trump wasn't behind the hooligans that rioted on J6. Recall that Trump, with all of the indictments, was not indicted for insurrection curiously. (they can't prove it).

As for engaging with you further, whatever.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 4:40 pm
1. Talk to Stacy Abrams about this invented requirement to concede. Also, Hillary Clinton conceded then spent the next 4 years falsely claiming Russia made her lose.
Keep working on your false equivalences. One state-level Dem does not concede and you think this excuses Trump. Abrams did concede in ‘22. Clinton conceded, whatever else you have to say. Meh. Next.
2. There is more to it than just conspiracy theories. There were some irregularities in the election. Normally the counting doesn't stop like it did. There were a lot more mail-in ballots in 2020 than in prior elections and mail-in ballots are more susceptible to being manipulated. Even so, he lost all the challenges. However, it isn't criminal to contest elections.
There are always irregularities. The question is whether they rise to the level of game-changing. These did not. Most people who were informed, even among Trump’s people, knew they were not. Next.
3. This goes to the victim mentality that pervades our country. The Vice President is a big boy and declined to follow what Trump said. You are equating your TDS with reality.
I would call it a prudence mentality. Don’t elect people who crap on democracy if you want one. Next.
4. Look at the Hawaii case from 1960 regarding alternative electors. In that case, there was a dispute and Hawaii ended up sending three different sets of electors to be counted in the electoral college. Originally Nixon won, then after a challenge, Kennedy won. Separate Nixon electors, Kennedy electors and then electors certified by the Hawaii governor were sent to the electoral college. There is precedent for it. https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CRE ... 6609-2.htm; see also, Bush v. Gore, a wrongly decided case that prematurely stopped the counting in Florida. https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/531/98/
So, the fact that Trump produced fake electors, and he fomented an assault on the Capitol means nothing to you, since you refuse to see these things as part of the same scheme.
Gore should have won and should have continued to fight but didn't. Further, Kerry should have fought harder regarding Ohio. There was a lot of mischief in that election and Kerry had good cause to dispute it. But, yes they weren't Trump, the dictator, right? Even though he left office and didn't remain forever, we are supposed to believe the current nonsense about him now.
So, conceding a loss is, in your view, the sucker’s play. Trump tried to stay in office, and, given a chance, he will stay in office until he dies next time around. Believe people when they tell you who they are. Trump has told us in a myriad of ways, but you are not listening. You have some obtuse idea of being edgy to look like the wisest guy in the room. From my vantage point, you look like an idiot on this topic.
5. Trump wasn't behind the hooligans that rioted on J6. Recall that Trump, with all of the indictments, was not indicted for insurrection curiously. (they can't prove it).
Ha!!! Yeah, right. He just refused to stop it once it was underway. Boy, what foolishness.
As for engaging with you further, whatever.
Indeed. The feeling is perfectly mutual. Anyone who makes excuses for the repugnant charlatan is not worth my time. TDS my ass. Stupid Trump-defending useful idiots is more like it.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 9:04 am
Dr Exiled wrote:

I don't think Dr. Exiled is a poorly informed person. I think he is smart, educated, and well informed.

in my opinion he is also enmeshed in conspiratorial thinking. Once down that rabbit hole, it is very difficult to back oneself out into sound reasoning. Especially for smart people.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.