Dart and Pumple debate from "Mad posters you want on MD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Pumplehoober
_Emeritus

Post by _Pumplehoober »

Mr. Coffee wrote:sf 180.

EITHER DO IT OR DON'R, ASSHOLE

Stop shrieking Coffee. I know you're lying, everyone here knows you are lying. You lied about the Marine Corps, you lied about your dead son, you lied about your Bronze Star, you lied about everything.

Stop pretending the tough guy pose will work. I'm sure you have some socks to sniff or something.
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Post by _dartagnan »

Really, then explain. Did you lie?

Technically, to say anything that is not true can be called a lie. However, you are not able to twist the facts to suit your campaign to taint my credibility. There is this annoying thing called context, in which people can read for themselves.

The facts show that I misread something you said in a previous thread. If you could demonstrate that I intentionally misrepresented your comment, you might have a case in proving me a liar, but you cannot. Why the hell would I intentionally misread you and then intentionally misrepresent what you said, knowing perfectly well that the evidence proving otherwise was available to the general public? To this day you are the only one who has insisted I "lied" over this matter. Ever wonder why that is so? Probably not.

I felt silly after realizing I had misread, but it was an honest mistake; something that doesn't register with you.

I said what I said because I believed it was true, therefore I was not lying as you would have it. This is very different from lying about something you know not to be true.

But we all know you have been unable to debate me successfully on the subject of your alleged expertise, so you have chosen to grasp onto this little gem for dear life. This has always been a personal vendetta with you, and after several years of squabbling with me, this is all you have to throw at me. It is a worn out ace you pull out of your sleeve whenever you've been beaten - frustrating you to no end in finding out who is the real "mediocre mind."

By contrast, I can draw upon ridiculous commentary you have made in every single discussion we've had, and unlike your situation, I am not the only one who thinks you come across as a buffoon.

You had no choice at that point.

Of course I did, and this is where you demonstrate your failure to reason. The record shows that the moderators were not interested in getting into it. They were not going to reprimand me. Nobody in the vicinity was demanding an apology except you. This was an irrelevant issue between the two of us that had caught the interest of virtually no one else. So where is your evidence that I "had no choice"? You tried your best to drag others into it, but they declined.

All you are doing is demonstrating that you were never interested in an apology in the first place. You're a fine example of your Muslim religion, to be sure. You whine about and demand an apology, and once you get it, you complain because you think the apology was somehow inevitable due to a lack of choice!

The burden of proof is on you here. Prove I "had no choice."

You were proven a buffoon, and you had to save some face. To your credit your childishness only goes so far.

I don't recall anyone ever calling me a buffoon, nor do I recall anyone ever sharing your sentiments about my credibility. You seem to be a classic case of self-gratification, since you clearly do not receive the accolades from others you thought you had earned. Maybe that is why you bore people like barrelofmonkeys with private messages. You did the same on ZLMB with several posters. You would try to drag people into your issues whether they wanted to hear from you or not. You never received congratulations publicly, so you are constantly fishing for them privately.

That's pretty sad. You might consider counseling.

Not true at all.

Then prove it. All you have is your ridiculous psychoanalysis which is illogical and nobody agrees with.

I told you that you were wrong and you made no effort to find out for yourself.

This was true, in the beginning. I wasn't exactly sure how I was supposedly misrepresenting and you had a history of sending people on wild goose chases for little or no reason, so I passed and assumed you were making much ado of nothing. Only when I saw your post demanding an apology did I begin to take you seriously. Ever since I have been more careful with you, realizing you're one of those creepy geeks who snag onto little molehill errors and then spend years trying to make them into mountains.

But your mediocre mind can't even criticize someone for misspelling a word without embarrassing yourself with more egregious grammatical errors. But dwelling on a misspelling is something you sometimes have to do because you have nothing else. Just like in this situation when I caught you lying on another forum. You've been trying to change the subject by bringing up my so-called "lie" from several years ago.

It is little more than a schoolyard game of "I know you are but what am I?" I'd explain the fallaciousness of this to you, but that would require an elementary understanding of logic, which we both know you cannot claim.

Only when the work was done for you did you do anything, and when clearly telling lies you had little choice.

Oh, so now the lie has become plural- "lies"! This is what I am talking about. This is just a game of yours that seeks to diminish my credibility with rhetoric. The fact is, when I saw the comments by the moderators telling you that they were not going to get into it, I decided to see what the hell you were moaning about. At that time I saw my error and took it upon myself to apologize for the mistake. Nobody, and I mean nobody, had been urging me to do so.

Your research is simply abominable.

Research! This coming from a guy who still refuses to produce the "quotes" he says he was offering while posting as RichardtheLionheart. No, we still haven't forgotten about this buffoon-like goof of yours.

I suppose if you cannot find it in a Google search, it's just not worth your time?

I searched the citation on this forum, where it doesn't exist. Again, you have not produced examples from any posts on the forum. Instead, you pull a single comment from a "weblog" and pretend this is one of many "accolades" I have received on the discussion forum. Chronology flies in the face of your insistence that I participate on this forum because I like to be called smart. This comment was provided last November, long after I had been participating on Shade's forum.

Incidentally, the last email I received from Scott Gordon said I was one of the brightest apologists ever to participate with FAIR, but according to you, that means I must have stayed there, where my ego was being thoroughly stroked. Isn't that your claim... that I go wherever my ego gets stroked. If anything, the evidence suggests the exact opposite. Just one week before being banned from the FAIR forum I had received "accolades" from numerous posters, one even coming from the moderator, asking me not to leave.

Also, I don't ever recall being emailed by ex-Mormon scholars and congratulated for the "deft" manner in which I research issues. No, that single out of the blue compliment was from LDS historian Davis Bitton, who I had never spoken to beforehand. Again, all evidence flies in the face of your pathetic psychoanalysis. The only person on this forum who demonstrates a need for acceptance is you.

You must not be getting enough attention in your workplace, which is why you're afraid to reveal where you have been published so your "scholarship" can be judged on its own merits. Your excuse, that you don't care what we think about you, is hilarious. I say this because I had to endure months of PMs from you, where you regularly boasted about how much money you make while at the same time accusing me of being an unemployed bum who had to rely on his wife to support him. I mean why the hell would anyone bother saying so much nonsense, unless he felt it was important that I saw him in some way as superior to me.

Also, we all got a kick out of your indirect claim on ZLMB that you were the strongest man in the world. No matter what the situation you encountered on the streets with knife-carrying thugs, you would always be able to successfully defend your family from danger without a gun. When asked to explain, you refused, subtly suggesting you were a modern-day Bruce Lee. So I was amazed to find out you are currently taking Aikido classes. Given your superior physical abilities, shouldn't you be giving these classes instead? I mean, heaven forbid, what if the thug on the street was Steven Seagal!!

Sounds to me that it is important for you that people in forums believe you're the most educated, richest, strongest poster in the history of internet forums. This is why you scroll forums and then pick out some poor shmuck to bore with private messages after you don't get the praises you felt you deserved on the threads.

Pop-psychology goes both ways, and it can be fun.

Attention is something you clearly need, which is why shortly after 9-11, you decided to start scrolling the internet forums claiming to be interested seeker who thought highly of Islam. Yea, no controversy seeking there. And worst of all, running to a Mormon forum, which is the persecution complex centre of the universe, while complaining about bigotry towards your preferred religion Islam, is a guaranteed sympathy getter.

Clearly you have been rejected in your field of expertise, which is why you had to get a job consulting in a third world country. A job you said required absolutely no formal training and pays "outrageous" sums of money. You must feel like an intellectual God among insects living in Egypt. Congratulations. Now you are trying to convince yourself, along with everyone else you encounter online, that you are some kind of Will Hunting with an uncanny ability to read people, their motives, and pinpoint all of their psychological deficiencies.

Thus far your only claim to fame in four years of internet obsession, is to call out a 14 year-old kid posing as a veteran. This must be a true, shining moment for you, since you don't have to run to the private message forum to fish for appreciation.

Then why were you dropped?

Because I posted a long post which condemned rumor and gossip. I was congratulated for making the post by several people, including the president of FAIR. However, someone, probably Juliann, later called him that same night and complained. She didn't like the fact that I related a phone conversation that implicated Renee Olson, the one and only black member of FAIR.

If this is racism, it was never argued as such by anyone at FAIR, including Renee herself. In fact, I still have an email from Renee who denies ever saying anything derrogatory about me, and insists she was never offended by anything I said.
So if the president of FAIR doesn't think I'm racist, and the only black member of FAIR doesn't think I'm racist, then where is your evidence that I was "dropped" because I was a racist?

Maybe this is the part where you slink away behind Coffee.

Nothing to do with racism?

Absolutely nothing to do with racism.

Really?

Really.

Are you telling the truth

Absolutely. But you aren't. I wonder if will you have the integrity and intellectual fortitude to apologize for this "blatant lie." Let's find out shall we.

Of course, I already know you won't because you constantly prove you're not much of a man; you never own up to any of your disingenuousness, but I should at least give you the benefit of the doubt and give you the chance to prove me wrong.

I think your research is shoddy.

Coming from a "pretend to be" scholar, this is a compliment. I have been complimented enough by real scholars to know your perspective means nothing.

You are a Muslim because you told me in the ZLMB chatroom. We both know this to be true. I even mentioned this fact several times over the past year or so and you never once challenged it. You proudly embraced it. The only reason you're denying it now is because I have demonstrated what a liar you are on christianforums.com. You pretended to be a "seeker" with no religious afffiliation in order to add a sense of objectivity to your praises of Islam and denigration of Christians. This is Tradd trying to "save face."

Go ahead. Show us what it means to be a real Muslim.

Unfortunately I am not the only one who finds you bigoted and racist. You can dismiss me if you like, but everyone?

"Everyone" who has called me anything remotely similar to bigoted? We are talking about maybe three or four people, yourself Juliann and Wade included. You're in with some elite company I tell ya!

Remember, you are the one who is so desperate to dismiss me as a racist that you have to lie about past experiences. You said on numerous occassions on my forum that Spencer McDonald believed I was racist. This, despite the fact that we both knew he publicly stated, "I do not think Kevin is racist." More than a year after the event you maintained the falsehood so I had to email him to see if he maintained the position that I was not a racist, to which he responded in the affirmative. You didn't care about any of this because you're not interested in research or truth. I mean why research sources when it is so much easier to put words into their mouths and ignore all subsequent clarifying comments. It didn't matter to you that your sole witness actually disagreed with what you attributed to him. You need me to be racist, so you kept propagating ths myth despite the evidence.

The fact that you are denying so many things that we both know to be true, is just mind-boggling to me. We have had dozens of discussions and shared dozens of elaborate PMs. I share what you have told me privately and you deny it because I cannot reference it! Is this standard fare in Islam? "War is deceit" and all that jazz?
“All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it...Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality." - Albert Einstein
_Pumplehoober
_Emeritus

Post by _Pumplehoober »

dartagnan wrote:The facts show that I misread something you said in a previous thread. If you could demonstrate that I intentionally misrepresented your comment, you might have a case in proving me a liar, but you cannot. Why the hell would I intentionally misread you and then intentionally misrepresent what you said, knowing perfectly well that the evidence proving otherwise was available to the general public? To this day you are the only one who has insisted I "lied" over this matter. Ever wonder why that is so? Probably not.

Simple questions can settle this.

1. Did you claim I said something that was not true?
2. Were you repeatedly told that what you were claiming was untrue?
3. Did you then repeatedly and emphatically state that you were not going to verify the factual nature of your claims?
4. Did you then state that you had never claimed you were not going to verify the factual nature of your claims?
5. Did you then admit that yes, you had claimed you were not going to verify the factual nature of your claims?

Is all of this true?

Maybe that is why you bore people like barrelofmonkeys with private messages. You did the same on ZLMB with several posters. You would try to drag people into your issues whether they wanted to hear from you or not. You never received congratulations publicly, so you are constantly fishing for them privately.

This is an interesting claim. Could you explain?

This was true, in the beginning. I wasn't exactly sure how I was supposedly misrepresenting and you had a history of sending people on wild goose chases for little or no reason, so I passed and assumed you were making much ado of nothing.

History? Where? Documentation please.

Research! This coming from a guy who still refuses to produce the "quotes" he says he was offering while posting as RichardtheLionheart. No, we still haven't forgotten about this buffoon-like goof of yours.

I have already provided one quote from you. I know I was quoting you and that is really all that was important. I had to change the wording, using synonyms for example, so you could not Google it. I never kept a record of the originals, and I know I quoted you, so you can believe or disbelieve it, as you like. I know the truth and your belief does not change the truth.

She didn't like the fact that I related a phone conversation that implicated Renee Olson, the one and only black member of FAIR. If this is racism, it was never argued as such by anyone at FAIR, including Renee herself. In fact, I still have an email from Renee who denies ever saying anything derrogatory about me, and insists she was never offended by anything I said.
So if the president of FAIR doesn't think I'm racist, and the only black member of FAIR doesn't think I'm racist, then where is your evidence that I was "dropped" because I was a racist?

This is not the story I heard. The story I heard is as follows…

You said something you do not feel was racially insensitive, but others did, in particularly one woman. This was discussed by FAIR e-list members including the woman in question. The decision was made to drop you because of your commentary. Are you telling me this is a lie?

You are a Muslim because you told me in the ZLMB chatroom. We both know this to be true. I even mentioned this fact several times over the past year or so and you never once challenged it. You proudly embraced it. The only reason you're denying it now is because I have demonstrated what a liar you are on christianforums.com. You pretended to be a "seeker" with no religious afffiliation in order to add a sense of objectivity to your praises of Islam and denigration of Christians. This is Tradd trying to "save face."

Really? This is what you claimed when spreading my name around the internet…

“Can someone who is knowledgable to verify the facts, take a gander at this discussion and throw in some comments. Tradd Button is an American Muslim professor in Egypt who is very anti-semitic”

http://www.israelforum.com/board/archiv ... -4677.html

While I have taught both graduate and undergraduate classes before, my occupation is not as a professor. Can you verify any of the above. With documentation?

You said on numerous occassions on my forum that Spencer McDonald believed I was racist. This, despite the fact that we both knew he publicly stated, "I do not think Kevin is racist."

Really, I thought he said

“I have to be honest here. I see some racial animus in what Kevin writes. That's unfortunate and wrong. I also see religious animus, which is also wrong. I stongly oppose terrorism and those that support them, but I'm not willing to vilify a huge portion of humanity because of the acts of a small, incredibly violent group with tenuous claims of affiliation to Islam.”

http://p079.ezboard.com/Complaint--Kevi ... =124.topic

I suspect that he does not believe you are wearing white sheets and burning crosses, but I see no reason to assume that he believe you are free of racial prejudices.

The fact that you are denying so many things that we both know to be true, is just mind-boggling to me.

I agree your lies are interesting.

Edited for grammar