More Coffee lies...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Cal didn't say that I shared "information" with the sockpuppets. She said that I shared IP addresses. Try reading the post you copied from again.

So...what? You don't know after all and have just been taunting me and the others who were attacked on the blog?

I don't see any "others" expressing that they feel taunted.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Mister Scratch wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
msnobody wrote:Is it so hard to figure out who the trolls were?

I don't think it's hard to figure out but again, you can only develop a theory.

So...what? You don't know after all and have just been taunting me and the others who were attacked on the blog? Once again, I have to remind you that you have portrayed yourself as a kind of "warrior" against Mr. Itchy.... So why not name your suspects? You continue to try and berate me for "sitting on [my] ass", but it seems that I was wise to not venture over there, especially considering the fact that you were trying to shoehorn IP information out of Cal. (Plus, given her statement that you "shared" this information with the "sockpuppets," I am doubly glad.)

Unless you have access to IP addresses on 3 boards, you couldn't prove anything and even so, you'd only end up with a list of some matches and much of that would likely have been proxy servers and there again, it wouldn't constitute conclusive proof.

At the end of the day, the only people who know the identities of any of those people are the people themselves.

Ah, so now you don't know anything. How convenient is that? You were complicit. You were guilty. You will pay.

Keeping this on record. Bold emphasis mine.
Chinese Proverb
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Jersey Girl wrote:Cal didn't say that I shared "information" with the sockpuppets. She said that I shared IP addresses. Try reading the post you copied from again.

I did. "Shared" as Cal used it can mean one of two things: 1) That you were telling (i.e., "sharing") IP information with the trolls, or 2) that you had the same IP as the trolls. Either one of these things damns you, Jersey, as it proves you were complicit in the Itchy affair. How unbelievably rotten of you.

So...what? You don't know after all and have just been taunting me and the others who were attacked on the blog?

I don't see any "others" expressing that they feel taunted.

Your sending me on a goosechase is an implicit taunt towards everyone who was attacked by the Itchy blog, Jersey, and you know it.

Mister Scratch wrote: Ah, so now you don't know anything. How convenient is that? You were complicit. You were guilty. You will pay.

Keeping this on record. Bold emphasis mine.

Right. More of your shrill crap. Certainly, I *do* think that you will pay. You'll pay in terms of credibility, and people's trust. I, for one, am going to have to be wary of Liz now too, since you are friendly with her, and who knows if you have been plying her for IP information? You are an extremely rotten, sick individual, Jersey. Your best bet at this point is to just confess and apologize for the role you played.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Alright I kinda sorta understand this entire mystery/enigma/Pandora's Box of a crazy roller coaster thrill ride of a story....but:

1) How does Calmoriah fit into it?

screw it...Mr. Itchy issue rant deleted.....carry on as you were.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Editing based on the screw it factor. Bond, you're exactly right.

I took a stand and now I'm done with it. Scratch can threaten and spin till his head falls off.
Chinese Proverb
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Bond...James Bond wrote:Alright I kinda sorta understand this entire mystery/enigma/Pandora's Box of a crazy roller coaster thrill ride of a story....but:

1) How does Calmoriah fit into it?

screw it...Mr. Itchy issue rant deleted.....carry on as you were.

Calmoriah was---and, so far as I know, still is---a moderator at ZLMB. She provided two very crucial bits of information in a couple of different threads.

1. That Jersey Girl "shared" at least one, and possibly more than one, IP address with the sockpuppets. All of the sockpuppets were pro-Itchy/anti-MDB, so this sort of paints Jersey Girl in a rather unfortunate, not to mention highly hypocritical, light.

2. That Jersey Girl had been pestering the ZLMB mods for IP-related information. I believe that Cal said Jersey Girl had asked her to reveal "which state" the IP addresses were originating from.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:Editing based on the screw it factor. Bond, you're exactly right.

I took a stand and now I'm done with it. Scratch can threaten and spin till his head falls off.

Yeah, except that the "stand" you took was to screw with me, Shades, and really anyone who was in favor of MDB as a free-speech messageboard. Tell me, did you throw Harmony under the bus as well, just in an effort to get your way? You very sneakily and dishonestly tried to bully us into silence. What you did to Shades in particular was especially rotten. Once again: your best bet is to fess up to what you did and apologize.

By the way, did you totally concoct the whole "Kerry Shirts is to blame" business? As far as I can tell, the assumption that it was him originated with you. That's probably why you deleted your OP in that "Apology" thread, since it gave hints as to how deep your involvement in this whole circus really was.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Scratch wrote:Right. More of your shrill crap. Certainly, I *do* think that you will pay. You'll pay in terms of credibility, and people's trust. I, for one, am going to have to be wary of Liz now too, since you are friendly with her, and who knows if you have been plying her for IP information? You are an extremely rotten, sick individual, Jersey. Your best bet at this point is to just confess and apologize for the role you played.

Hold on, Scratch.

First of all, I resent the fact that you would think that I would share IP information with you, Jersey, or ANYONE. That is completely against my principles as a person, and as an IT professional. It was why I was so upset when I was accused of impropriety while I was a Mod at FAIR (supposedly giving away the ID's of the Mods in a public domain), and it's also why I was disgusted with Dan G's IP blocking techniques.

If Shades has a problem with my trustworthiness or reliability in this regard, then all he has to do is speak with me about it, and I will resign my Mod status here and now.

Scratch wrote:So...what? You don't know after all and have just been taunting me and the others who were attacked on the blog? Once again, I have to remind you that you have portrayed yourself as a kind of "warrior" against Mr. Itchy.... So why not name your suspects?

I'm confused. Exactly how did Jersey Girl "taunt" you? It sounds to me like she was trying to figure out who the hell was doing this. She came up with some theories, but no solid proof. Since she had suspicions, but couldn't be sure exactly who it was, she kept her mouth shut. What's wrong with that?

Scratch, are you familiar with how tracking IP's works? There are many ways to mask where your IP address is coming from. In other words, you can post from an IP address that is generating from Utah, and actually be in New York.

I can understand her wanting to be absolutely sure before naming someone.
Last edited by _Yoda on Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Here Scratch, you warped little spin artist, is the post in it's entirety that you extracted one line from. I am blocking out someone's real name with **'s. This is one post from a thread started by a poster to bring back Shades, myself and harmony to ZLMB. The mod is responding to Sevenofniiine.

ZLMBModerator
Justice League of America
(12/3/06 12:00 pm)

New Post Comment
Quote:I also believe that the mods should reveal the sock puppet's various names, including the one he/she normally posts at here at ZLMB. It's pretty obvious the person engaged in this sock puppetry was involved with the digging up of private real life information for display on another site.

First off, IPs don't prove anything more than probability. LSD shared IPs with many of the "sockpuppets". Should she be on the list of suspects we publish then? And googling "***** **********" and using information that ** put up on the Internet himself or is there as a result of his own desire for the public life isn't exactly going through someone's trash.

Second, since we don't have permission to publish their names or make the connection with their IPs, it's likely this could fall into a violation of terms of use.

Third, this whole thing started because of them trying to stop personal information and libel being posted on another website and in my opinion, from what I've seen, at least they kept to the facts and didn't venture into malicious slander as is going on over there. While you may not approve of them bringing their fight to this arena, I personally think they have reason to be upset and a right to try and find some way to defend themselves, though one different than the one they tried here. Shades had ezlegal here to defend him, they don't have the same option elsewhere. I'm not going to have these people dragged around in effigy, a simple banning is enough.

As far as LSD's short banning, just read up on the history on the various threads, it should become obvious why I banned her. Again it was the same reason Shades got banned, but because she wasn't a major player and only a cheerleader, I am okay with letting her continue to post with the conditions I gave attached.

I was banned 2 hours after I made my last report to mods concerning real life information being posted on Z, reinstated a day later with conditions that I found unacceptable, unbeknownst to the thread starter who initiated this thread a day after that. When I saw Cal's statements in the thread that contradicted what she'd told me in PM's I knew that either something really fishy was going on or that her recall was faulty and wasn't willing to deal with Z.

I directed you to those threads, Scratch, do you think I didn't know what was on them? Do you think at all or simply hallucinate? You can spin out of control all you like. You get exactly nothing from me.

Jersey Girl

and ps...I've been a poster on a free speech message board for over 7 years now which is exactly why I joined this one, because I much prefer it to heavily moderated boards. Threatening people, obsessively developing nutjob theory after theory, posting partial excerpts of posts, and pathologically slithering up to people to pump them for information in the chatroom and PM's here when people are simply interested in visiting, isn't my idea of free speech....it's sick. And my integrity is firmly intact, thanks very much.
Chinese Proverb
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

liz3564 wrote:
Scratch wrote:Right. More of your shrill crap. Certainly, I *do* think that you will pay. You'll pay in terms of credibility, and people's trust. I, for one, am going to have to be wary of Liz now too, since you are friendly with her, and who knows if you have been plying her for IP information? You are an extremely rotten, sick individual, Jersey. Your best bet at this point is to just confess and apologize for the role you played.

Hold on, Scratch.

First of all, I resent the fact that you would think that I would share IP information with you, Jersey, or ANYONE. That is completely against my principles as a person, and as an IT professional. It was why I was so upset when I was accused of impropriety while I was a Mod at FAIR (supposedly giving away the ID's of the Mods in a public domain), and it's also why I was disgusted with Dan G's IP blocking techniques.

I understand, Liz, and my apologies. I just know that Jersey Girl has a penchant for requesting this kind of information from Mods. (She was threatened with a banning for this while on Z.)

If Shades has a problem with my trustworthiness or reliability in this regard, then all he has to do is speak with me about it, and I will resign my Mod status here and now.

Scratch wrote:So...what? You don't know after all and have just been taunting me and the others who were attacked on the blog? Once again, I have to remind you that you have portrayed yourself as a kind of "warrior" against Mr. Itchy.... So why not name your suspects?

I'm confused. Exactly how did Jersey Girl "taunt" you? It sounds to me like she was trying to figure out who the hell was doing this. She came up with some theories, but no solid proof. Since she had suspicions, but couldn't be sure exactly who it was, she kept her mouth shut. What's wrong with that?

Exactly, except that's not what she told me. She kept telling me that she had narrowed it down to "Two people for sure," and yet she would never tell. Instead, she would play these little guessing games, asking me to go use the search engines at MAD and ZLMB.

Scratch, are you familiar with how tracking IP's works? There are many ways to mask where your IP address is coming from. In other words, you can post from an IP address that is generating from Utah, and actually be in New York.

I can understand her wanting to be absolutely sure before naming someone.

She has claimed to be quite sure. Her evasiveness, coupled to all the evidence I have seen, damns her.