More Coffee lies...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Scratch wrote:She has claimed to be quite sure. Her evasiveness, coupled to all the evidence I have seen, damns her.

But wasn't one of the people she thought was involved Kerry? And it turned out that he actually wasn't involved, which is why she made the public apology?

She obviously was wrong. That's why she is gun-shy about naming anyone emphatically because she is not sure.

Also, from what I understand, Jersey Girl has provided all of the information she collected to Shades.

I suggest that if you are interested in it, you speak with him. He was, after all, the one who was hit the hardest by this blog.

I understand that you have a stake in it as well, since your information was also compromised. However, I don't think that Jersey Girl was aware of this when the Itchy blog came out.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Mister Scratch »

liz3564 wrote:
Scratch wrote:She has claimed to be quite sure. Her evasiveness, coupled to all the evidence I have seen, damns her.

But wasn't one of the people she thought was involved Kerry? And it turned out that he actually wasn't involved, which is why she made the public apology?

She obviously was wrong. That's why she is gun-shy about naming anyone emphatically because she is not sure.

Also, from what I understand, Jersey Girl has provided all of the information she collected to Shades.

I suggest that if you are interested in it, you speak with him. He was, after all, the one who was hit the hardest by this blog.

I understand that you have a stake in it as well, since your information was also compromised. However, I don't think that Jersey Girl was aware of this when the Itchy blog came out.

She ought to damn well know, since she claims (oddly) to own a copy of the blog.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

OK...I'll let Jersey Girl fill in some of the holes here.

I did want to add that I do accept your apology, Scratch.

Thanks. ;)

We're good as far as I'm concerned.

I like both you and Jersey Girl so I'm going to stay out of the middle of this.

I just hope that it can all be worked out so that everyone can be friends.

I'm sure the MAD'ites are jumping with glee that there is drama amongst the ranks here.

;)
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:Here Scratch, you warped little spin artist, is the post in it's entirety that you extracted one line from. I am blocking out someone's real name with **'s. This is one post from a thread started by a poster to bring back Shades, myself and harmony to ZLMB. The mod is responding to Sevenofniiine.

ZLMBModerator
Justice League of America
(12/3/06 12:00 pm)

New Post Comment
Quote:I also believe that the mods should reveal the sock puppet's various names, including the one he/she normally posts at here at ZLMB. It's pretty obvious the person engaged in this sock puppetry was involved with the digging up of private real life information for display on another site.

First off, IPs don't prove anything more than probability. LSD shared IPs with many of the "sockpuppets". Should she be on the list of suspects we publish then? And googling "***** **********" and using information that ** put up on the Internet himself or is there as a result of his own desire for the public life isn't exactly going through someone's trash.

Second, since we don't have permission to publish their names or make the connection with their IPs, it's likely this could fall into a violation of terms of use.

Third, this whole thing started because of them trying to stop personal information and libel being posted on another website and in my opinion, from what I've seen, at least they kept to the facts and didn't venture into malicious slander as is going on over there. While you may not approve of them bringing their fight to this arena, I personally think they have reason to be upset and a right to try and find some way to defend themselves, though one different than the one they tried here. Shades had ezlegal here to defend him, they don't have the same option elsewhere. I'm not going to have these people dragged around in effigy, a simple banning is enough.

As far as LSD's short banning, just read up on the history on the various threads, it should become obvious why I banned her. Again it was the same reason Shades got banned, but because she wasn't a major player and only a cheerleader, I am okay with letting her continue to post with the conditions I gave attached.

I was banned 2 hours after I made my last report to mods concerning real life information being posted on Z, reinstated a day later with conditions that I found unacceptable, unbeknownst to the thread starter who initiated this thread a day after that. When I saw Cal's statements in the thread that contradicted what she'd told me in PM's I knew that either something really fishy was going on or that her recall was faulty and wasn't willing to deal with Z.

No. Cal (or one of the other mods) says in a separate thread that you were reinstated due to your friendship with folks on the moderating team.

I directed you to those threads, Scratch, do you think I didn't know what was on them? Do you think at all or simply hallucinate? You can spin out of control all you like. You get exactly nothing from me.

Jersey Girl

I'm sure you hoped (or never expected) that I would figure out the low that you stooped to. Sure, sure---you were just looking out for your friends. My in my mind, that does not excuse your despicable behavior. The "stand" you took was low, and cheap.

and ps...I've been a poster on a free speech message board for over 7 years now which is exactly why I joined this one, because I much prefer it to heavily moderated boards. Threatening people, obsessively developing nutjob theory after theory, posting partial excerpts of posts, and pathologically slithering up to people to pump them for information in the chatroom and PM's here when people are simply interested in visiting, isn't my idea of free speech....it's sick. And my integrity is firmly intact, thanks very much.

A person with real integrity wouldn't carry on with the lying and the game-playing.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

liz3564 wrote:OK...I'll let Jersey Girl fill in some of the holes here.

I did want to add that I do accept your apology, Scratch.

Thanks. ;)

We're good as far as I'm concerned.

I like both you and Jersey Girl so I'm going to stay out of the middle of this.

I just hope that it can all be worked out so that everyone can be friends.

I'm sure the MAD'ites are jumping with glee that there is drama amongst the ranks here.

;)

If Jersey Girl wants to own up to what she did and apologize, I'm perfectly willing to let it go.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Scratch,,

Jersey Girl has nothing to "own up" to. In your "transcript" thread you claim that Cal was lying and here you are holding her up as some sort of a credible witness. Cal contradicted herself between what she stated to me in PM's about the trolls having different IP's and what she stated on the board that I "shared IP's" with some of the trolls. She even contradicts herself RIGHT ON the board with two statements about the particulars of my banning! Look for it, it's right there!

I didn't play "guessing games" with you. I told you exactly what I did, in what order I did it, and told you where to find the troll threads. If you think that the method is faulty then develop some other way of your own. It is the same method that i discussed with you when you were asking me if I knew who OR was. I've already made the only public apology that was due to a person. If you think that dragging this around and pointing fingers at me will make me name names, you'd be decidely wrong in that regard.

And what is this business that you had no voice on ZLMB when you're obviously able to use the search engine on there now?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

No. Cal (or one of the other mods) says in a separate thread that you were reinstated due to your friendship with folks on the moderating team.

No, Scratch. She doesn't say that at all. I know the comments you're referring to and she later contradicts herself right on the board. I stated that in the above post.
Go ahead and repost that entire post (make sure you post it the same way as I did with the time stamps, dates, etc.) and I'll be glad to dig up the contradiction and do the same right here.

Adding on here, just scanning through posts. I didn't claim to have a copy of the blog, I said " I actually think I have a copy of it" and it's on our old computer. If your information was on there, I wouldn't have recognized it as such.

I'll look back here to see if you've come up with the Cal statement regarding my "Unbanning".
Chinese Proverb
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:Scratch,,

Jersey Girl has nothing to "own up" to.

Yes, you do.

In your "transcript" thread you claim that Cal was lying and here you are holding her up as some sort of a credible witness. Cal contradicted herself between what she stated to me in PM's about the trolls having different IP's and what she stated on the board that I "shared IP's" with some of the trolls.

I really think it was only one troll.

I didn't play "guessing games" with you. I told you exactly what I did, in what order I did it, and told you where to find the troll threads.

This is a load of crap. I still have all the old PMs, where you are engaging in these guessing games. Others I've spoken with feel that you toyed with them and played games with them, too. Shall we ask Barrelofmonkeys about the scavenger hunt you sent her on in the chatroom a couple of weeks back? You claim to know who two of the trolls are, and yet you remain mum on the subject.

If you think that the method is faulty then develop some other way of your own. It is the same method that I discussed with you when you were asking me if I knew who OR was. I've already made the only public apology that was due to a person. If you think that dragging this around and pointing fingers at me will make me name names, you'd be decidely wrong in that regard.

I don't really care anymore whether you name names or not. However, I do demand an apology for your sick little attempt to bully me into removing the blog. You can apologize privately if you'd like. But I'm not simply going to let it go. Nothing, during all my time on the messageboards, has pissed me off so much as this.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Put up the Cal post, Scratch.
Chinese Proverb
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:

No, Scratch. She doesn't say that at all. I know the comments you're referring to and she later contradicts herself right on the board. I stated that in the above post.
Go ahead and repost that entire post (make sure you post it the same way as I did with the time stamps, dates, etc.) and I'll be glad to dig up the contradiction and do the same right here.

No, Jersey, I won't be wasting any more time heading off on yet another of your "assignments."

Adding on here, just scanning through posts. I didn't claim to have a copy of the blog, I said " I actually think I have a copy of it" and it's on our old computer. If your information was on there, I wouldn't have recognized it as such.

Yeah, well, in a PM, I asked you point-blank if you had a copy of it, and you lied to me, saying, "No, I just have a good memory for those things."