Nehor's Resurrection

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Nehor's Resurrection

Post by _The Nehor »

After being killed shortly after proclaiming myself God I was without form. And let me tell you, dying by having your head severed by a spork is a time-consuming and painful affair.

However I have risen again and to quote Dr. Clayton Forrester: "All WILL BOW BEFORE ME!!!"

Okay, actually I've had a nice spiritual reawakening and now feel much better.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Re: Nehor's Resurrection

Post by _Who Knows »

The Nehor wrote:...actually I've had a nice spiritual reawakening and now feel much better.

You left the church? Congrats!
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Who Knows wrote:
The Nehor wrote:...actually I've had a nice spiritual reawakening and now feel much better.

Well, no, not technically.

I did however cancel my Discover Credit Card, so I left something.

No, I got in the right frame of mind and God and I had a long chat complete with visuals and what looked like Powerpoint slides :) That guy has some custom transitions you wouldn't believe.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

The Nehor wrote:That guy has some custom transitions you wouldn't believe.

Did he use the sound effects too? I'm an amateur when it comes to PowerPoint. The last thing I used PowerPoint for was my thesis defense. I tried to use it when teaching biology, but the students used it as an excuse to take a nap. I found the white-board to be a much more effective tool. If god were to communicate to me via white-board, I might listen.

PS...welcome back.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

silentkid wrote:
The Nehor wrote:That guy has some custom transitions you wouldn't believe.

Did he use the sound effects too? I'm an amateur when it comes to PowerPoint. The last thing I used PowerPoint for was my thesis defense. I tried to use it when teaching biology, but the students used it as an excuse to take a nap. I found the white-board to be a much more effective tool. If god were to communicate to me via white-board, I might listen.

PS...welcome back.

I used Powerpoint when I was a software trainer. The audio was mostly angelic singing. What surprised me most was how little some of their singing is to what we would call hymns. I expect heaven has much nicer dances than I used to :)
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

The Nehor wrote:
Who Knows wrote:

Well, no, not technically.

I did however cancel my Discover Credit Card, so I left something.

No, I got in the right frame of mind and God and I had a long chat complete with visuals and what looked like Powerpoint slides :) That guy has some custom transitions you wouldn't believe.

Was it MDMA, LSD or some really good Panama Red?
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Mercury wrote:Was it MDMA, LSD or some really good Panama Red?

A great old hippie once told me that if you have to rely on substances to get visions you're taking shortcuts that cheapen the journey. When you can do it without, that is power.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

The Nehor wrote:

A great old hippie once told me that if you have to rely on substances to get visions you're taking shortcuts that cheapen the journey. When you can do it without, that is power.
Ahh no, that is called schizophrenia.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Polygamy Porter wrote:
The Nehor wrote:

Ahh no, that is called schizophrenia.

They called Jesus mad. So I ask myself: "Art thou greater than he?"
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Welcome back, Nehor! We kept a spot for you in the Goddess suite.

;)