"Women are NUTS" or "I have a date"

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Hi barrelomonkeys. You wrote:

barrelomonkeys wrote:No games. . . I'm a woman that does not play games. Life too short for all that junk. . . I have NO quirky tests. . . Just is! Whatever I say or do has nothing more to it. Just is what it is. . . I sure as hell hope no one thinks I'm playing any game!

Contrast this with your Warning Label weblog entry:

I will lie to you about what I want unless you ask me. . . If I say something doesn't bother me it's quite possible it indeed does. . . My past doesn't determine who I am. Sometimes it does. My past doesn't mean ANYTHING about me now. Sometimes it does. My past does not make me flawed. Sometimes it does. My past is not a point of pride. Sometimes it is. . . I may ask you to leave. When I want you to only try again to stay. . . Always know that if I let you in I don't expect to play games. . . Even though I'll lie to you about what I want from you.

I submit that those are, indeed, games.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Well they're not games as far as I'm concerned!

I just think one thing and do another sometimes. It's not that I want to confuse or confound men. It's that I AM CONFUSED AND CONFOUNDED!!!!!!

:D

Also if I admit to being bothered by something it shows my vulnerability... a man I enjoy shows attention to another woman. It makes me look petty and jealous to admit that it hurts me. So what do I do? I hide that. I think that is not a game... merely trying to hold onto some dignity. Hiding away my pettiness in other words.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

keene wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:
I have NO quirky tests. Please expound on this.

One test that many women use is the "my husband will be..." test. A woman will start listing off what they are looking for in a husband. The man then usually fails, by trying to emulate those things, or expanding on how he fits them. He will lose composure, and try to gain his place in her eyes. He feels if he doesn't show her that he is those things, he will lose her.

It's a very subtle game, and most people don't see it happening, but the subtle ones are the ones that really direct the flow.

Well I can assure you that I have no "test" for husband material. Or boyfriend material. Really, I don't! I know what I am... sort of?

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WANT IN A MAN. No test for me.

"Nice" would be nice. ;P