"Women are NUTS" or "I have a date"

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_keene
_Emeritus

"Women are NUTS" or "I have a date"

Post by _keene »

I think this is the funniest way I could have thought of to ever get a date. I'm honestly surprised it worked as well as it did.

In the Provo Craigslist "Rants and Raves" section, someone put up a rant titled "Guys Suck."

Why the “F” can't guys just say what they want? If you “F” a girl and don't want to actually call her your girlfriend, fine, say so. Believe it or not, most girls are OK with that if they weren't your girlfriend before the sex. Freaking out and getting weird doesn't do a damn thing except make you both regret what was really great sex to begin with. I know a lot of guys have that whole typical fear of commitment thing, but that's no reason to be paranoid and think that every girl out there is looking for a commitment. Especially if she damn well knows you aren't reliable to begin with. Sometimes sex is just sex, and that's ok!

To which, I responded:

Why aren't guys honest?

Because we're trained from birth to be told that all women are special, and that our normal desires are sick, bad, and twisted, and we should never ever let anyone know what horrible horrible people we are on the inside.

So guys will lie, cheat, and manipulate, all to avoid the pain of being honest with ourselves and with women. And why is that? Because YOU told us that you want "nice guys." We've been trained by women to be pussies, and now the women are pissed that we're not actually men.

Well, women, you got what you wanted out of the feminism movement -- men are wimps, afraid of you at all times, you have complete control. If you don't like it, then it's time for you to reverse the damage you did -- start telling your secrets. Tell men the truth of what it is you really want. Allow yourself to be charmed, woo'ed, and seduced. You broke him, you fix him.

And lo and behold, not five minutes after I posted that, she came back swinging:

'Allow' myself to be charmed, woo'ed, and seduced? WTF? You didn't even read the post, did you? NEITHER of us wanted a relationship. Not me, and certainly not him.

As far as being honest, I always am. I have few if any secrets from people I am close with. And I do have to be close to someone to sleep with them, regardless of relationship status. I'm clear about what I want but know better than to be pushy.

You don't know crap about me and your post doesn't have anything at all to do with mine, so why are you even attempting to put the Re: in front? Let it stand alone and don't pretend to be replying to anything I've said, cause you haven't.

Hehe! I pushed a button! So I sent her an e-mail with the subject "So defensive!"

It's interesting that you tried to point out all the parts of my post
that didn't fit your situation, while completely ignoring the parts
that did. But I suppose being told off anonymously online is too big
of a dent in your ego to just let slide.

How about we go out for coffee, and continue this rigourous discussion
somewhere less hostile?

Leave the weapons at home, though.

And now I have a date on sunday.

Women, you are all certifiably insane.
_Nephi

Re: "Women are NUTS" or "I have a date"

Post by _Nephi »

Wow... that's really cool dude. Sounds like if you even remotely hit it off at the coffee, then its bedtime for you, eh? :P Remember, trojans are a woman's best friend.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

hmm..... I'd sort of like a wimp. A romantic.

Guess I'm out of the loop.
_Nephi

Post by _Nephi »

barrelomonkeys wrote:hmm..... I'd sort of like a wimp. A romantic.

I am too. Never liked the one night stance date scene in my single years.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Nephi wrote:

I am too. Never liked the one night stance date scene in my single years.

I just always get the tough guys.

I'd like a sweet guy for once. Even if they lied to me! That's fine, just don't let me know!

;P
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

A wimp is NOT a romantic. A wimp USES romance as a manipulating tool. A wimp is too weak to think that he can use romance for it's own sake, and will only use it as a way to overcompensate for his ingrained wimpiness.

It always sounds good on paper, but in practice, only a strong man can be truly romantic. i.e. James Bond.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Oh whateveeeeeeeeeer!

I just want a NICE guy!

I don't know what that is precisely! But it sure sounds nice.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Oh, and forgetting that I'm dwelling on my own sad existence; Congrats on your date Keene!
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

barrelomonkeys wrote:Oh whateveeeeeeeeeer!

I just want a NICE guy!

Trust me. You'd get bored of a NICE guy almost immediately. It'd be fun for about a day and a half.

Respectful, Challenging, Thoughtful, Original, even Caring, yeah. Those are good traits. But NICE? Nuh uh.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

keene wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:Oh whateveeeeeeeeeer!

I just want a NICE guy!

Trust me. You'd get bored of a NICE guy almost immediately. It'd be fun for about a day and a half.

Respectful, Challenging, Thoughtful, Original, even Caring, yeah. Those are good traits. But NICE? Nuh uh.

Hm. Well I'm nice! Am I not?

There's nothing wrong with nice.

OMG! IS THERE? IS THAT MY PROBLEM?!!!!!!!!