"Women are NUTS" or "I have a date"

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Well? Was she cute? Blone/brunette/redhead? Short/tall?

Regardless of how you felt, did she say she wanted to spend time with you again?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

Dr. Shades wrote:Well? Was she cute? Blone/brunette/redhead? Short/tall?

Regardless of how you felt, did she say she wanted to spend time with you again?

She was not cute, and looked WAYYY too much like my mom (short, chubby, and generally unhealthy). She was making all the subtle "sleep with me now!" hints about halfway through the date. At that time, I turned off the humor switch, so help her lose interest -- the last thing I want is another stalker! By the end of the date, my humorlessness pushed her away.

It was really quite an interesting experience, being in such control of the entire situation. I'm not used to that with women.

Now the REALLY important question is, where do I take a coffee barista? I can't really take her out to coffee!

by the way, it's been 8 hours, and I'm STILL wired on all that caffeine.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Heh, sounds like a so/so date. Atleast you got a number. :)

Update us on your next date with the coffee gal.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

So it wasn't a dream date... Gotta keep trying. Would a more conventional gal be out of the question?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

moksha wrote:So it wasn't a dream date... Gotta keep trying. Would a more conventional gal be out of the question?

It wasn't a dream date, but it was the perfect ego boost. I was able to test out a lot of skills I've been reading about, and kinda lock them in.

I'm curious about "conventional" gal's, though. What is conventional? In this area, that means molly Mormon (or at least a pseudo thereof). To be honest, every girl I've ever slept with has been a Mormon virgin -- so in that respect, I'm definitely trying to avoid "conventional" gals.

After the issues with my marriage (and the 3 almost-was marriages before that), I think I need to spend a lot of time getting to know every type of girl out there, so I can get a clearer picture of what it is I want.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

keene wrote:Me: "What's the square root of 69?"
Her: "Uhh..."
Me: "Eight something."

She didn't laugh. :( Such a good joke, wasted.

Definitely a waste of a good joke.

My response would have probably been, "That question's not mathematical, it's political...and you just named my favorite position."

;)

OK...I'm up way too late...ignore me..LOL

Sorry the date didn't go well.

keene wrote:Now the REALLY important question is, where do I take a coffee barista? I can't really take her out to coffee!

Are you in Utah Valley? Take her to Los Hermanos. Great Mexican food, nice upbeat atmosphere, not too expensive.

Here's the link with the menu:

http://www.loshermanosrestaurants.com/

Keep us informed!

;)
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

liz3564 wrote:
keene wrote:Me: "What's the square root of 69?"
Her: "Uhh..."
Me: "Eight something."

She didn't laugh. :( Such a good joke, wasted.

Definitely a waste of a good joke.

My response would have probably been, "That question's not mathematical, it's political...and you just named my favorite position."

;)

OK...I'm up way too late...ignore me..LOL

Sorry the date didn't go well.

keene wrote:Now the REALLY important question is, where do I take a coffee barista? I can't really take her out to coffee!

Are you in Utah Valley? Take her to Los Hermanos. Great Mexican food, nice upbeat atmosphere, not too expensive.

Keep us informed!

;)

LOVE Los Hermanos. Their 2 chicken enchiladas (the #37) is the best mexican meal ever made. EVER.

But I have a new theory I'm testing out -- that is, never buy them /anything/. That includes meals. And that goes for the first 10 dates. Because, in all reality, I'm tired of "buying" someone's interest in me. In the long run, it feels no better than prostitution -- and there's less a chance of getting laid!
_Lucretia MacEvil
_Emeritus

Post by _Lucretia MacEvil »

keene wrote:But I have a new theory I'm testing out -- that is, never buy them /anything/. That includes meals. And that goes for the first 10 dates. Because, in all reality, I'm tired of "buying" someone's interest in me. In the long run, it feels no better than prostitution -- and there's less a chance of getting laid!

Huh? Is it just that I'm a generation or two older than you? Have things changed that much? I don't see why you would think of it as "buying someone's interest in you." This girl is already interested (and cute), so why not spend a little money, something reasonably within your means, of course, not the sugar daddy thing. Ten dates and no money spent ... won't girls even these days think you're a deadbeat and a cheapskate and bankrupt? How can that help your case?

I don't think I get the joke. I know what 69 is, but what does the "eight something" mean? (I'm not good at math either.)
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Post by _skippy the dead »

liz3564 wrote:Are you in Utah Valley? Take her to Los Hermanos. Great Mexican food, nice upbeat atmosphere, not too expensive.

That name sounded real familiar. And now I know why - we used to go there frequently in law school. That takes me back. They're still around, huh?
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe / But at least I'm enjoying the ride.
-Grateful Dead (lyrics by John Perry Barlow)
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Lucretia MacEvil wrote:
keene wrote:But I have a new theory I'm testing out -- that is, never buy them /anything/. That includes meals. And that goes for the first 10 dates. Because, in all reality, I'm tired of "buying" someone's interest in me. In the long run, it feels no better than prostitution -- and there's less a chance of getting laid!

Huh? Is it just that I'm a generation or two older than you? Have things changed that much? I don't see why you would think of it as "buying someone's interest in you." This girl is already interested (and cute), so why not spend a little money, something reasonably within your means, of course, not the sugar daddy thing. Ten dates and no money spent ... won't girls even these days think you're a deadbeat and a cheapskate and bankrupt? How can that help your case?

I don't think I get the joke. I know what 69 is, but what does the "eight something" mean? (I'm not good at math either.)

"eight something" = "ate something"