Requesting good vibes and prayers, please.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

I got a job!!! I start Monday!!! Decent salary, they even shortened my probationary period, were willing to make time acommodations because I'm in school! They didn't even check my references. I'll be a government contractor. I'm so hapy!

I'm so happy, it's such a relief. I still have to file bankruptcy, but hell, I'll be able to afford a lawyer this time perhaps...
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_Ren
_Emeritus

Post by _Ren »

Congrats GIMR. Sounds great...!
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Congrats. Good luck to you.
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

Thank you! Now to take a nap and wear down the sleepy headache, I was babysitting until 1am this morning. I'm low on sleep.

Renegade, I kept meaning to come back and reply to your last post, I think you're a very level-headed person. You're probably harder on yourself than you should be about how to deal with difficult situations. Believe me, I do throw crap, just not at people. I almost threw my cell phone last night, because dog of children I'm watching has chewed on it, and made it look really crappy...but it still works, and apparently the damage isn't covered under the protection plan i'm paying for, since the phone still works, but one of the charger docks is damaged. Luckily the other one works.

I don't really see it, but people have been telling me that I still seem to be upbeat throughout all this. But let me tell you, I've done my share of crying.

We all go through "it", it seems...but luckily there's the other side to come out on.
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_Ren
_Emeritus

Post by _Ren »

GIMR wrote:You're probably harder on yourself than you should be about how to deal with difficult situations.

I donno about that ;)

Let me pay you a good compliment... You kinda remind me of my Sister.
...while I may be more level-headed than her, she's far more strong-willed than I am...

My sister once said that if I won the lottery, while others would be jumping around and whooping, I'd just smile a bit and say 'Oh - that's nice...'.
But it's not always about having a level head. It's very easy for me to calmly ignore problems like they don't exist, and then wonder why things don't work out in the long run...!

We all go through "it", it seems...but luckily there's the other side to come out on.

Yeah. Some more than others, but we all have our 'stuff' I guess...

Anyway - bottom line - you certainly impress me...!
Last edited by Guest on Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

RenegadeOfPhunk wrote:
GIMR wrote:You're probably harder on yourself than you should be about how to deal with difficult situations.

I donno about that ;)

Let me pay you a good compliment... You kinda remind me of my Sister.
...while I may be more level-headed than her, she's far more strong-willed than I am...

I do think I have a pretty level head. My sister once said that if I won the lottery, while others would be jumping around and whooping, I'd just smile a bit and say 'Oh - that's nice...'.
But it's not always about having a level head. It's very easy for me to calmly ignore problems like they don't exist, and then wonder why things don't work out in the long run...!

Yeah. Some more than others, but we all have our 'stuff' I guess...

Anyway - bottom line - you certainly impress me...!

*grin* I stand corrected on the level-headedness! I'm glad that you're not one of the "freakthehellout" kind of people, I used to be that, and it wasn't pretty.

Man, if I were to win the lottery, first thing I'd do is re-stock my harem, and head to Europe!!!!

You impress me as well, my dear. A lot of folk here do...I don't post as much as I used to, but I do lurk, and there's some brains on here, I swear!!!

I'm so happy today.
_Roger Morrison
_Emeritus

Post by _Roger Morrison »

Hi GIMR, the VERY best vibes to You Gal!! As Mok said, "this too will pass." To which i add, "it is the way of the Universe." Seasons, tides, nights and days." Take 'em as they come knowing NOTHING is forever..." Warmest regards, Roger
_Lucretia MacEvil
_Emeritus

Post by _Lucretia MacEvil »

Such a relief to get to the part where you have a new job! I'm so glad to hear that, but it just sucks so much to have to go into bankruptcy for medical bills. I hope there's an answer for this country and medical care somewhere. My sister went to India to have a procedure, it cost $7,500 for the entire trip, to have it done here would have been $40,000. I had surgery last year myself, I'm in debt to the hospital further than I'll be able to pay off in my lifetime, foreseeably, but I'm on an interest-free payment plan, and I feel very fortunate about that.

Best of luck on your new job and getting that horrible debt discharged. You have so much life in front of you, it's going to get better and better now.
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

Thank you, Roger, thank you, Lucretia! I do appreciate the support, good vibes, and prayers sent up on my behalf.

It's been an interesting week, and I'm still getting all my pieces in order, but I'm excited about the new job. I'm trying not to let the worries get to me. I'll be glad to see my first full paycheck, so I can get on a budget and a plan, I want to hit the ground running.

Lucretia, isn't medical debt insane here? I had on my hospital bill itself, the interest free option. But there were so many other doctors and medical vendors from that one incident, it was crazy. My old insurance paid half the medical bill, but with the overall debt, I still can't manage it on my own.

But I'm looking up...and forward. :-) Now to be brave!