Snow

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Snow

Post by _moksha »

My daughter just ran in and told me it is snowing outside. I suppose one can be quite oblivious to the world outside sitting at the computer. I will need to turn the furnace on tonight.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Wow! Where do you live Moksha?
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Re: Snow

Post by _Who Knows »

moksha wrote:My daughter just ran in and told me it is snowing outside. I suppose one can be quite oblivious to the world outside sitting at the computer. I will need to turn the furnace on tonight.

I think utah.

Yes, what crazy weather. I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt yesterday, and busting out the winter coats today.
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Pokatator
_Emeritus

Post by _Pokatator »

From the spud field:

Woke up to 2 inches this morning..... a case of global cooling!
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Yep sunbun yesterday, wool overcoat today.

Should melt off quickly though. I think the temps will get warm(er) again, but I wonder if the lovely fall foliage will be ruined....
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

We're getting ready for snow out here, too. Where we live it usually snows by Oct 10/15th. Last winter we were blizzarded to death and I'm not kidding. Snowed in for days on end and several lengthy periods (24 hours +) without power. When we are without power, we're without elect. and water. I think I was actually traumatized by that last year and I'm not kidding. I don't think I've gotten over the cabin fever from that time. The thought of it snowing in about 2 weeks makes me want to hang myself.

I am so not kidding.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:When we are without power, we're without elect. and water.

Wait a second. . . are you implying that when your power goes out, your electricity goes out too?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:When we are without power, we're without elect. and water.

Wait a second. . . are you implying that when your power goes out, your electricity goes out too?

Huh? When the "power" goes out...our electricity goes out and the water with it.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

OMG, wow!
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning