Mosque at Ramadan

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Nephi

Mosque at Ramadan

Post by _Nephi »

So my wife and I were invited to the local mosque here in town, and we invited the missionaries from both wards here in town, and the older missionary couple as well. She was not able to attend (the wife of the older missionary couple), but all the men were, as was my wife. My wife and I (and my children as well) had all done this last year, twice, and it was a great experience. This is something that recharges my spiritual batteries every year. But this year, taking so many from my church, how would it be?

The older Elder (Elder Myers) was blown away. He absolutely loved it, and was in 7th heaven the whole time being there. He learned alot about their beliefs, and could compare them well to our own, and, well, regardless he really enjoyed it. The two Elders from our ward seemed to enjoy it as well, but I did not get to stick around w/them during the prayer after dinner (we left early because I wasn't feeling well). One of the other Elders from the other ward didn't seem to know what to make of it. Maybe he's not ready for such things. Regardless, my wife and I are going to try to go again next week, just the two of us. This way we can participate in the opening and evening prayers. My wife was able to participate in the opening prayers yesterday, but I was not because I was helping out Elder Myers with washing and getting into the mosque part where everyone way praying. He did not participate (he can't move around that well). Regardless, cool indeed.