Favorite Moderation from another site

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Favorite Moderation from another site

Post by _moksha »

(Moksha in a response) Too bad more excitment does not happen in there between the horribly bland and the horribly violent. Maybe the Halloween stuff at Thanksgiving Point will liven things up for Happy Valley. Perhaps the students at UVSU could bring in another exciting speaker and then follow that up with Sean Hannity to put everyone back to sleep.

Keep the political cheap shots out of it, Moshka. There is plenty of stuff going on in the Valley to keep us up nights without stirring up that kind of contention.

Honos
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Moksha is a naughty penguin.

tsk tsk
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Gee...do you think Honos has "out of State" envy?

Keep stirring those pots, my friend.

;)
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

What an idiotic thing to "ding" you for! Since when does ". . . follow that up with Sean Hannity to put everyone back to sleep" count as a "political cheap shot?" And when did such a run-of-the-mill comment become ding-worthy?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Dr. Shades wrote:What an idiotic thing to "ding" you for! Since when does ". . . follow that up with Sean Hannity to put everyone back to sleep" count as a "political cheap shot?" And when did such a run-of-the-mill comment become ding-worthy?

We're talking about MAD, "the board that must not be named". What ISN'T "ding-worthy"?
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

QUOTE(Severian @ Oct 21 2007, 01:18 PM)

However, have you not paid attention to some of the past problems various posters have related about discussing such concerns and doubts? My guess is that most of the time, such doubts are met in an earnest and supportive manner. Those other occasions that I have read about are the source of my concern.

QUOTE(juliann @ Oct 21 2007, 03:37 PM)

Spin, spin, spin. CFR If the Tom Murphys aren't being excommunicated you really need to put up some evidence besides "oh, well I think I read about one" that makes your latest goofy accusation significant enough to even bother discussing. You must be the poster boy for cognitive dissonance as you constantly nag the church while claiming to be part of it.

CFR.

Juliann 666, Lifetime member of UMW local chapter

This post has been edited by juliann: Today, 03:38 PM

Let's keep the personal attacks out of the thread please. Anymore and I'll close the thread.

Momus
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

I think my favorite moderation from another site would be what happened on gaiaonline.com (sorry, nothing to do with Mormonism).

They had a forum dedicated to the giving and getting of advice (don't know why, but this is a hawt thing to do among teenagers). About the same time I got bored with the Mormonism stuff, I started hanging out in that forum, and giving the same advice to every person.

"How do I tell my boyfriend I love him?" Buttsex.

"How can I lose weight?" Buttsex.

"I want to commit suicide." Buttsex."

Strangly, it always seemed to fit! What better way to express love than buttsex? Buttsex is a GREAT way to lose weight! And buttsex has been proven to increase endorphin release, and will help you with your suicidal feelings. I wondered how far I could push it.

"Help, I cut myself, I think I'm going to die, but I don't want to tell my parents."

I responded with my usual, buttsex, but it was much harder to think of some way to make it fit the situation. I finally got modded in that thread, saying my advice could have actually pushed them over the edge. I was forced to change my argument at that point, so I responded saying that she should tell her parents that she had buttsex, and then go "ha ha, just kidding, I just tried to kill myself. But hey, could you imagine if I had buttsex? That'd be funny. So should we like go to the hospital or something?"

I got modded again, and suspended for a week. I haven't gone back since. I refuse to hang out anywhere where buttsex is censored!
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Keene, I forget, how old are you?

Not that it matters... just wondering. :)
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

barrelomonkeys wrote:Keene, I forget, how old are you?

Not that it matters... just wondering. :)

Old enough for a good frolick. ;)
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus