Beer Prices to shoot up

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Wilma Fingerdoo
_Emeritus

Beer Prices to shoot up

Post by _Wilma Fingerdoo »

Anybody catch the report that because of a limited number of Hops being grown that beer production will be slowing for the next few years. What that means to any of you beer drinkers is that we can expect an increase in the range of $1 to $8 for a case of beer. Basically I see the major beer distributors being able t buy the lions share of hops being grown which will hurt the local micro breweries. Plus I am going to have a hard time justifying $20 or more dollars for a case of beer. I can just imagine what they will start charging for beer at baseball and football games now. Oh boy time to make the wife get a second job.
_gramps
_Emeritus

Re: Beer Prices to shoot up

Post by _gramps »

Wilma Fingerdoo wrote:Anybody catch the report that because of a limited number of Hops being grown that beer production will be slowing for the next few years. What that means to any of you beer drinkers is that we can expect an increase in the range of $1 to $8 for a case of beer. Basically I see the major beer distributors being able t buy the lions share of hops being grown which will hurt the local micro breweries. Plus I am going to have a hard time justifying $20 or more dollars for a case of beer. I can just imagine what they will start charging for beer at baseball and football games now. Oh boy time to make the wife get a second job.

Boy, I hope this doesn't apply to us folks here in Germany!

What would the Germans and its ex-pats do for lunch?
I detest my loose style and my libertine sentiments. I thank God, who has removed from my eyes the veil...
Adrian Beverland
_Nephi

Post by _Nephi »

Heh... So in other words, american beer will cost as much as import beers? Wow. Americans might actually start to understand what a real beer tastes like, finally....

You know what an American beer and making love in a canoe have in common? They're both f**king close to water!!!
_gramps
_Emeritus

Post by _gramps »

Nephi wrote:Heh... So in other words, american beer will cost as much as import beers? Wow. Americans might actually start to understand what a real beer tastes like, finally....

You know what an American beer and making love in a canoe have in common? They're both f**king close to water!!!

That is a good one, Nephi!
I detest my loose style and my libertine sentiments. I thank God, who has removed from my eyes the veil...
Adrian Beverland
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Nephi wrote:Heh... So in other words, american beer will cost as much as import beers? Wow. Americans might actually start to understand what a real beer tastes like, finally....

Yanno... I visualize things as I read - usually have images that correlate to the words. I paused and let myself appreciate the visual image of love making in a canoe - and contemplated how very, very difficult this might be! And then you sort of ruined it for me with the punch line!