computer sim of evolution

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

computer sim of evolution

Post by _asbestosman »

That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

Awesome.

There is also Darwinbots, which are these little simulated "bots" that have their own programming language that is randomly added to and taken away each generation, it's a bit more realistic of an evolutionary process, but the processing power it takes to run it for more than a few minutes is huge. I left one simulation running for a few days, and starting with the same species, I ended up with one giant cancerous bot that would float around eating everything, a bunch of small bots that would sort of cloud around him, and eat just enough of him to reproduce, before getting eaten, and then a whole bunch that just hovered around the plant-bots. It had only gone 60 generations.

Also, if you haven't heard of it, look up Spore, will wright's new game. It's been delayed again and again, but hopefully it'll be coming out early next year. I have high hopes for the educational possibilities of that game.
TRUE POST COUNT = (current count) - 10,000 + 469
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Oh this is all bologna.....as one of my creationist friends once correctly put it: "evolution means cats will evolve into dogs".

:O (yikes!)
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

Bond...James Bond wrote:Oh this is all bologna.....as one of my creationist friends once correctly put it: "evolution means cats will evolve into dogs".

:O (yikes!)

I've been wanting to write an article for the Onion for a while now. "Monkey in san fransisco zoo gives birth to human being. Evolution proved true."

I'd get a picture of a shrugging priest. "Well, I guess I'll have to shut down the church now. Who knew?"
TRUE POST COUNT = (current count) - 10,000 + 469