Nephi

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Nephi

Post by _Runtu »

I just saw where Nephi asked to have his MAD account deleted. Yikes. Did I miss something? Has he been getting into trouble over there? I hope this doesn't mean he's leaving us as well.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Oh, can you post a link?

I think he's been having issues there.

I hope he won't be leaving us here. I serenaded him down in the off-topic forum... so surely he might leave after that? Not sure. :o
_Ray A

Re: Nephi

Post by _Ray A »

Runtu wrote:I just saw where Nephi asked to have his MAD account deleted. Yikes. Did I miss something? Has he been getting into trouble over there? I hope this doesn't mean he's leaving us as well.

You can find all the details in the Social Hall. It's been going on for a while now. Started in Dialogue & Diccussion, but was transferred to SH.

http://www.mormonapologetics.org/index. ... opic=29519
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

I just saw where Nephi asked to have his MAD account deleted. Yikes. Did I miss something? Has he been getting into trouble over there? I hope this doesn't mean he's leaving us as well.

He's upset that nobody accepts his universialist word view. I sure didn't though I don't think I ever responded to that thread. He also doesn't like people with a black and white world view. Guilty as charged again though I don't think he and I ever had a run in.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

And I'll do it again:

For Nephi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em80ViNV ... ed&search=

(Don't waste your time with MAD, waste your time with me and other MDB posters. :)
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

Here's my two cents.....click my siggy.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

bcspace wrote:

He's upset that nobody accepts his universialist word view. I sure didn't though I don't think I ever responded to that thread. He also doesn't like people with a black and white world view. Guilty as charged again though I don't think he and I ever had a run in.

I've never been much of a black-and-white thinker, either, which is probably why I lasted as long as I did within Mormonism. It would be nice to be a paradigm pirate or universalist and make the thing sort of work, but I couldn't do it.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

I just read that thread. Wow, I really like so many of the posters over there. Sargon is someone that is so incredibly insightful and caring. Deborah and Garden Girl too.

Oh dear, makes me feel bad for being a heathen right now. :(
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

bcspace wrote:Here's my two cents.....click my siggy.

Oh! Look! Bcspace does make funnies. :)
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

bcspace wrote:

I think he's just looking for acceptance. Honestly, I think that's what it boils down to... He's told me that he feels at home in the Church and I hope that experiences on the boards haven't changed his views.

I just hope that he finds peace, and whatever he's looking for. I think at times those of us tender to criticism should stay off these boards, perhaps? MAD isn't the sort of board probably for those seeking whatever it was he was looking for.

I just sincerely believe Nephi is desperately seeking a spiritual path and the LDS Church seemed to fill that need for him - I hope he doesn't leave it for any other reasons than his conscience. :(

And of course people were cruel to him on this board too. :(