Nephi

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Nephi, I'm up for a skype later on tonight.

Hope to talk to you later this evening.
_Alter Idem
_Emeritus

Post by _Alter Idem »

This was not the work of all the moderators at MADB....

UOTE(Joseph Antley @ Nov 6 2007, 02:17 PM) *

This is hilarious, both on the part of Nephi and the moderators. rolleyes.gif

"Momus" said : "Moderator not moderators. I'm flying solo on this one, but we do aim to please and entertain. I have huge issues with people using our site to lash out and dump on us."

When I first saw Momus had started the thread, I could not believe it. I think this post explains somewhat. I don't think any other moderators were on the board at the time. Whoever was using "momus" (and I have my suspicions) was alone and in control. This is how the situation got out of hand. I think the minute Nephi started spamming the board and swearing at other posters, the normal response by MADB moderators is to ban the offender immediately. But in this particular case, it was a test of wills. "Momus" wasn't going to let Nephi "win" by getting his account banned...so instead he was allowed to run amok, swearing at other posters and spamming the board.

Nephi, I know your reasoning for why you did it, but you were pretty offensive to some innocent people--like Kate. Selek can handle it--he can dish out the vulgarity (sans the profanity) with the best of them here, but I think you owe Kate an apology.

Also, I've read Shades and Keene say a number of times that they do not ban anyone from this site--so I don't expect they would delete your account even if you asked them to.

I'm not sure about Skylla and Momus claiming they don't delete accounts. I suppose now that the board is run by different people, things are done differently as well, but I'm pretty sure I'd read in the past that on FAIR, some posters were able to get the mods to delete or lock their accounts so they couldn't use them. I don't understand computer stuff much, so I could be wrong...but regardless, Momus always had the option of banning you...he/she just didn't want to.
_Nephi

Post by _Nephi »

Well, as I have said, I did not mean anything I said. I just wanted to get the account closed and locked... Kate doesn't understand me anyhow, but for what its worth I am sorry for anyone who got stepped on in that crossfire there. I cannot access the board now, so the point is mute, but (again) for what's its worth, I truly apologize to those who were shot at in an attempt to get the mods to close the account.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

moksha wrote:Nehor, whatever you do with that consenting sheep, remember to use woolite afterwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGMYNAabs1s
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Scottie
_Emeritus

Post by _Scottie »

What I found most humorous is after I posted telling Momus how unchristlike he/she was being, he/she wrote back about how us MDBers come out from under our rocks to defend one of our own.

lol
If there's one thing I've learned from this board, it's that consensual sex with multiple partners is okay unless God commands it. - Abman

I find this place to be hostile toward all brands of stupidity. That's why I like it. - Some Schmo
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
moksha wrote:Nehor, whatever you do with that consenting sheep, remember to use woolite afterwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGMYNAabs1s

I prefer sheep cooked and cut into slices and served in nan bread.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Nephi wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:The mods here won't do that for you either Nephi. You'll have to just stay away.

Would some mod please comment on this. Is this true? Would this board also deny such a request? I sure hope not. There is no way to make sure someone doesn't hack one's account here or on any board for that matter.

Nephi--

Although Keene would have to speak to the particulars since he is the Admin here, I'm sure that we could accommodate you on the account being permanently blocked in some way. It wouldn't be deleted, but it would be protected from hackers.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Nephi wrote:Would some mod please comment on this. Is this true? Would this board also deny such a request? I sure hope not. . . IF (and I am not jumping ship), but if I were to want to leave this site, would some admin lock the account so it could not post? Would they honor that request here?

Of course we'd honor that request, as long as you were the one making it.

I don't know what software Momus is using, but here I'd simply delete your account (I delete spam-bot accounts literally every day). Nobody could hack into it thereafter 'cause it wouldn't exist anymore.

Of course, nothing would stop you from simply re-registering, so you'd have to discipline yourself against that. I could always ban your ISP to help you avoid temptation, but that seems a little extreme to me.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Nephi

Post by _Nephi »

Thanks... The fact that its an "of course" situation makes my point here. Over on MAD it kinda reminded me of the thread here, "you can checkout any time you'd like, but you can never leave"... I honestly hope I don't ever really decide to leave the church, cause if I also want my name removed from the rolls, I am sure it will be a fight like that was today over there.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Well what's up with this?

I begged (well sort of) Keene to ban my IP and he flat out refused saying no one would do this for me!

Huh?