Nephi

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Nephi

Post by _Nephi »

barrelomonkeys wrote:Well what's up with this?

I begged (well sort of) Keene to ban my IP and he flat out refused saying no one would do this for me!

Huh?

Its because you are a woman, and since women change their minds every 30 mins or so, it would be dumb to do that :P

(read the sarcasm in that, please)...
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Nephi wrote:

I begged (well sort of) Keene to ban my IP and he flat out refused saying no one would do this for me!

Huh?

Its because you are a woman, and since women change their minds every 30 mins or so, it would be dumb to do that :P

(read the sarcasm in that, please)...

I'd be pissed if you weren't so right about me. Oh dear. ;P

by the way, I'm still waiting for a lil person to go to sleep or I'd be on skype......

He's in and out. Then up again! Woo what fun.
_Nephi

Post by _Nephi »

sokay. I believe its you and me only tonight... I am working on a webpage right now anyhow.
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

Huh?

IP ban and account deletion are very different. I'm not really a fan of either. If you want to block yourself, just change your password to something long and completely undecipherable. Just mash your hands on the keyboard a few times, and it's gone for good!
TRUE POST COUNT = (current count) - 10,000 + 469
_Nephi

Post by _Nephi »

keene wrote:

Huh?

IP ban and account deletion are very different. I'm not really a fan of either. If you want to block yourself, just change your password to something long and completely undecipherable. Just mash your hands on the keyboard a few times, and it's gone for good!

The problem with this is that you have to retype it again... :P And in my situation, that can still be broken w/a brute force attack.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

keene wrote:

Huh?

haha. What a good idea! Ah, Keene you are brilliant!
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Nephi wrote:
keene wrote:

Huh?

The problem with this is that you have to retype it again... :P And in my situation, that can still be broken w/a brute force attack.

Oh! That's right I'd have to smash in precisely the same way the second time...... oh. But of course I'm not really freaking out anymore and feel the need to leave.

That'll change tomorrow. ;P
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

I guess that works until you decide you want to go back to posting....at which time you're screwed. So you have to create a new account.

by the way: I'm on skype. For 12 minutes.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

Nephi wrote:
keene wrote:

Huh?

Type it once into notepad, then copy and paste it twice.

And if it's longer than 10 characters, with all sorts of #'s and &'s and numbers and stuff, no brute force attack will get it without taking a few months to figure it out. Hell, even my "weak" password takes a week and a half to brute force crack.
TRUE POST COUNT = (current count) - 10,000 + 469
_Nephi

Post by _Nephi »

keene wrote:
Nephi wrote:
keene wrote:

Huh?

Type it once into notepad, then copy and paste it twice.

And if it's longer than 10 characters, with all sorts of #'s and &'s and numbers and stuff, no brute force attack will get it without taking a few months to figure it out. Hell, even my "weak" password takes a week and a half to brute force crack.

I have rather strong passwords I use online, and we wrote a program in CS last semester that can crack any 8 letter password in < 5 days (depending on lag across the net)... One of my strong passwords was bruted on another board a year ago or so well after I abandoned the account. That was the whole reason for the fight today on MAD.