Nephi

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

The Nehor wrote:
Doctor Steuss wrote:
moksha wrote:Nehor, whatever you do with that consenting sheep, remember to use woolite afterwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGMYNAabs1s

I prefer sheep cooked and cut into slices and served in nan bread.

Forget the Woolite then, it would clash with the ginger.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Hope things look better for you soon Nephi. I hope you stick around.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Nephi

Post by _Nephi »

I have blogged about this whole thing if anyone wants to read it (if you don't know the story). Yeah, I am sticking around here. Don't have anywhere else to be just yet.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

I'm beginning to think that they can and do delete accounts over there.

If you look at my old Johnny_cat account on MAD, you get this:

Group:
Member No.:

Banned accounts still show up, but say "banned."
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Post by _skippy the dead »

Runtu wrote:I'm beginning to think that they can and do delete accounts over there.

Group:
Member No.:

If I recall correctly, in this case they may have merged that account into John W., instead of an outright deletion. In that case (if I'm remembering my database dynamics correctly), the fields remain populated with your posts, but they'd be tagged with the John W. moniker instead of Johnny_cat. Database integrity is maintained, but there would be no records associated with Johnny_cat.

Or I could be just blowing smoke out my ass.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe / But at least I'm enjoying the ride.
-Grateful Dead (lyrics by John Perry Barlow)
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

skippy the dead wrote:
Runtu wrote:I'm beginning to think that they can and do delete accounts over there.

Group:
Member No.:

If I recall correctly, in this case they may have merged that account into John W., instead of an outright deletion. In that case (if I'm remembering my database dynamics correctly), the fields remain populated with your posts, but they'd be tagged with the John W. moniker instead of Johnny_cat. Database integrity is maintained, but there would be no records associated with Johnny_cat.

I don't think so because the posts show up tagged as Johnny_cat posts, though there is no such user in the database.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_skippy the dead
_Emeritus

Post by _skippy the dead »

Runtu wrote:
skippy the dead wrote:

Group:
Member No.:

I don't think so because the posts show up tagged as Johnny_cat posts, though there is no such user in the database.

Ah, well then I do believe I was blowing smoke out my ass. :o)
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe / But at least I'm enjoying the ride.
-Grateful Dead (lyrics by John Perry Barlow)