Nephi

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Zoidberg
_Emeritus

Post by _Zoidberg »

Scottie wrote:That thread needs to be deleted.

Way to stick it to them there, Scottie. I'm sorry about your brother.
"reason and religion are friends and allies" - Mitt Romney
_Nephi

Post by _Nephi »

Zoidberg wrote:
Nephi wrote:
barrelomonkeys wrote:The mods here won't do that for you either Nephi. You'll have to just stay away.

Would some mod please comment on this. Is this true? Would this board also deny such a request? I sure hope not. There is no way to make sure someone doesn't hack one's account here or on any board for that matter.

Here's what Momus said about it:

In all honesty there really is no such thing as closing or locking an account. All a ban does it not let them post however the account is always active, but we never got to explain that. We also cannot delete an account if we did that it would put holes into threads/database and just make things not make sense. So its our policy not to delete accounts whatsoever. We also expect every poster that comes here on their own accord to be able to leave on their own. The best thing to do is to put the site on your list of blocked sites so you don't visit us. I can assure you all that his account will be banned along with his entire subnet. However it will be in our own due time, which is the point. Sometimes mods just log in then they have to deal with this stuff. How fair is that.

Quite obviously I just wanted it so that the account could not interact on the boards anymore. This is my same question here.... IF (and I am not jumping ship), but if i were to want to leave this site, would some admin lock the account so it could not post? Would they honor that request here?
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Re: The thread is finally closed

Post by _barrelomonkeys »

Nephi wrote:
Zoidberg wrote:Skylla has finally closed the thread. It only took 8 pages.

It's great that there are so many decent posters there who protested that hatefest. Funny that the mods are the ones to exhibit such behavior. The fish stinks from head down, to use an old cliché.

Yeah. Momus doing what he did made me even more confident in what I decided to do, and I hope that some of the others there realize what people run that board and how they skew the rules and posts.

Nephi, what's up with you and Kate over there?

I'd say the best way to handle it (I know no one cares for my advice ;P) is to seek people out via PMs and make amends if it's in your nature to do so.

I sorta need to do that too....

*sorry can't help myself....*
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Sheesh. When I think something is immature it must really be immature.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Scottie
_Emeritus

Post by _Scottie »

Zoidberg wrote:

Thanks. It just infuriated me the way they kept antagonizing Nephi with absolutely no regard to what he might do. I'm kind of surprised I didn't get banned after that thread.

I'm glad you posted over here, Nephi. I really hope things calm down in your life.

Oh, and by the way, you still have a smokin hot wife!!! ;)
If there's one thing I've learned from this board, it's that consensual sex with multiple partners is okay unless God commands it. - Abman

I find this place to be hostile toward all brands of stupidity. That's why I like it. - Some Schmo
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Zoidberg wrote:

Scottie, I too am sorry for your loss of your brother.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Runtu wrote:
Doctor Steuss wrote:Some gems from Nephi (in a thread that is now deleted):

Directed at Will Schryver:

I am not being a drama queen. I have had (in the past) where I deserted a board and someone hacked my account and started to use it. I do not wish for it to happen again. Go f*Celestial Kingdom yourself a$$ hole for thinking you know better than me on this one. Jesus f*cking Christ, you guys are so dense.

At The Nehor:

Both. ****, ****... is it so hard to think for yourself on this board?

At Kate:

Kate, please go screw the savior and leave your comments out of this as well, or would you like for me to start blowing up your a$$ for comfort?

To Selek:

I could care less what you think, f*cktard.

And…

Yeah? Get back to the back alleys and go f*Celestial Kingdom an AIDS infested whore so we get less of your charitable comments on the board, k?

To Kate;

Nice Kate. Enjoy being a sheep and never really knowing what the f*Celestial Kingdom others are saying around you. I have found you can find happiness in Slavery.

I hope he gets the professional help he needs as he has obviously had a mental break. No person with any sempblence of sane humanity would do this.

Wow, I definitely missed that. I wonder what set him off like that.

Well, I know I asked something to the effect if he was acting like this out of anger or whether he was trying to get banned. If you'll excuse me I need to go think for myself or f*Celestial Kingdom myself or f*Celestial Kingdom an AIDs infested whore or do something with sheep....hard to figure out which.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Nephi wrote:
Quite obviously I just wanted it so that the account could not interact on the boards anymore. This is my same question here.... IF (and I am not jumping ship), but if I were to want to leave this site, would some admin lock the account so it could not post? Would they honor that request here?

Keene and others will refuse that request. Already begged them myself a while back. :(

Keene will however show you how to ban yourself by doing something in your computer. But then it will be up to you ultimately to not unban yourself and stay away.
_barrelomonkeys
_Emeritus

Hi Nehor, glad to see you back over here. I missed you. :)
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

by the way: I like Nephi. Bluegrass brothas rule!
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07