Blowing off some steam at Government Agencies here...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Nephi

Blowing off some steam at Government Agencies here...

Post by _Nephi »

Okay, drama, I know, but not concerning the board here.....

We are on food stamps until Sue is out of college. Its a temp thing, and I don't like being on them, but we have to right now; the budget demands it. We have been on it for about a year now, and in Sept, they asked that we renew the case (we have to do that every 6 months or so). We sent in all the paper work 2 weeks before it was due. The due date came and went, on the 2nd of Oct, we get a letter in the mail denying us our food stamps because they were missing all this paper work.

We called down there. The front office had record of receiving all the paperwork, but our case worker had none of it. Since we had copies, we faxed them all again. We called the next day and the case worker had all the paperwork in hand and said it was all in order. That was over a month ago, and we still had yet to receive them. In fact, we had to spend our own money to eat last month, and this has lead to cuts in our budget elsewhere (ie, no heat on so far this winter).

I called today to find out why we didn't have any foodstamps yet. Our case worker said, "I was reviewing your case yesterday (it had been pending this whole time), and your wife didn't sign the financial aid form." ?!?!?!$#@!$#@!$!#@

The ass hole was asked if it was all in order, he said yes. He's had the case for over a month, and JUST NOW reviewed it?! The idiot. Because of his lazy ass.... Bah... Anyhow, long story short, my wife is going down there today in about 30 mins to sign that document. We SHOULD have it in two days, but the damage is done, and our budget is all fuxored. WTF, people... Why does this guy get to keep his job again?
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

I hate crappy bureaucrats....which means I pretty much hate all bureaucrats. Sorry your in the toilet man.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Nephi

Post by _Nephi »

OMG. My wife just got back. The guy actually accepted responsibility for the whole issue and apologized for it?! That's so unusual.