So, Whatcha Cookin'?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

moksha wrote:There is just two of us, so everything is much easier. We were going to do roast beef, but the lure of a free turkey changed those plans. I hope I have the directions straight. I agree about the real versus instant potatoes. I wanted baked potatoes but my daughter insisted on mashed.

I ran across an article raving about brining the turkey. It sounded like too much work. Does anyone of you do this?

I'd like to try brining. But then again I'd also like to try turducken.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

moksha wrote:There is just two of us, so everything is much easier. We were going to do roast beef, but the lure of a free turkey changed those plans. I hope I have the directions straight. I agree about the real versus instant potatoes. I wanted baked potatoes but my daughter insisted on mashed.

I ran across an article raving about brining the turkey. It sounded like too much work. Does anyone of you do this?

I largely hate Thanksgiving. My husband did the brining thing last Thanksgiving. Best turkey we ever had. We didn't have it this year, though. It was my turn to do the turkey (we alternate) and I largely hate Thanksgiving.

:-P
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb