Biden's Economy?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor Steuss
God

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:59 pm
Well... this might be a bit awkward for some:

Dow scores its highest close in history.
And... President "If Biden Is Elected The Stock Market With Crash" Trump has reacted to the recent news:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump- ... 023-12-18/
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:18 am
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:59 pm
Well... this might be a bit awkward for some:

Dow scores its highest close in history.
And... President "If Biden Is Elected The Stock Market With Crash" Trump has reacted to the recent news:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump- ... 023-12-18/
Yet another unmistakable case of projection, considering the fact making the rich even richer was obviously the Trump's primary goal, as evidenced by Trump's massive tax cut that accomplished precisely that, while at the same time increasing the national debt more than any President in history!
Last edited by Gunnar on Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:24 am
Yet another unmistakable case of projection, considering the fact making the rich even richer was obviously the Trump's primary goal, as evidenced by Trump's massive tax cut that accomplished precisely that, while at the same time increasing the national dept more than any President in history!
Which national department did he increase?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:56 am
Gunnar wrote:
Yet another unmistakable case of projection, considering the fact making the rich even richer was obviously the Trump's primary goal, as evidenced by Trump's massive tax cut that accomplished precisely that, while at the same time increasing the national dept more than any President in history!
Hilarious. Of course, given the context, "dept" must have been a typo for "debt".
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Gunnar wrote:
:oops: I obviously meant "debt" rather than "dept." Maybe I'm more senile than I thought! :oops:
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:36 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
:oops: I obviously meant "debt" rather than "dept." Maybe I'm more senile than I thought! :oops:
You're not senile, Gunnar. You're just dyslexic. ;)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
High Spy
Apostle

Post by High Spy »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:26 am
Gunnar wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:36 am
You're not senile, Gunnar. You're just dyslexic. ;)
b is p upside down.

debt snowball, becomes dept snowpall or snowpaul.

As per Ace Theo =~ Paul means pause, and the Administration of Grace will end.

Gunnar’s slip up may have been guided subconsciously as the Silence in Heaven nears its end. 8-)
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Three years into the administration and month after month we're seeing more jobs being created. More Americans bar far are working than they ever did under Trump.

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1743278237357093021?s=20

3.7% unemployment—Longest stretch below 4% since the mid 1960's.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

It's both remarkable and depressing how 62% of people polled still think Biden is doing a poor job on the economy despite the good current statistics like high growth rate, low unemployment rate, decreasing fuel prices, slowing inflation rate, high job creation, increasing consumer confidence, etc. By almost every economic measure, the national economy is doing better and improving faster than at any time during Trump's administration. Why is so much of the American populace readier to believe pessimistic lies about the economy than what should be encouraging and readily available news? Why are hard right conservative Republicans so much better at spreading discouraging disinformation than Democrats and progressives are at spreading what ought to be encouraging truth?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:44 am
It's both remarkable and depressing how 62% of people polled still think Biden is doing a poor job on the economy despite the good current statistics like high growth rate, low unemployment rate, decreasing fuel prices, slowing inflation rate, high job creation, increasing consumer confidence, etc. By almost every economic measure, the national economy is doing better and improving faster than at any time during Trump's administration. Why is so much of the American populace readier to believe pessimistic lies about the economy than what should be encouraging and readily available news? Why are hard right conservative Republicans so much better at spreading discouraging disinformation than Democrats and progressives are at spreading what ought to be encouraging truth?
Rent, home prices, consumer prices, and medical care are too much to be honest, and those things negate gains easily hence the foul mood. But the Right is against regulating that so here we are.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.