Meet PERFUME, our official Japanese Electro-pop group!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Re: A *MAJOR* CHANGE AT MORMONDISCUSSIONS.COM—please read!

Post by _RockSlider »

you are welcome!

just poking fun of course
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

I really wish you'd separate your own fetish threads from actual MD policy threads.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

??? They are separate.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Dr. Shades wrote:??? They are separate.

Let me be more clear.

If I see a thread in all caps with asterisks and the admonishment to "please read" from the site admin, I suspect there might actually be something there that is of interest to me (like, ya know, a rule change), since I am a regular user of this forum. So when I open the thread and realize that all you're doing is promoting videos that only a minor subsection of the population is going to enjoy, I find that perturbing.

Perhaps you could change the title of your thread to something like, "Hey, if you're the one out of a billion adults who likes the mediocre music teenage girls like, this thread is for you!" then I'd know to avoid it and move on.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

I changed the thread title to "Meet PERFUME--our new official Japanese Electropop group!!" Is that better?

(You know, if I didn't know better, I'd almost be tempted to conclude that you didn't like Perfume.)

--Louis Midgley
_Xenophon
_Emeritus

Post by _Xenophon »

Personally I preferred the old title (and will be changing my subject accordingly). I enjoyed the juxtaposition between the title and the content of the thread. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.
"If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation." -Xenophon of Athens
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Dr. Shades wrote:I changed the thread title to "Meet PERFUME--our new official Japanese Electropop group!!" Is that better?

Thanks Shades. You're a good man, despite a dubious taste in music.

Dr. Shades wrote:(You know, if I didn't know better, I'd almost be tempted to conclude that you didn't like Perfume.)

Well then... it's a good thing you know better.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Xenophon wrote:Personally I preferred the old title (and will be changing my subject accordingly). I enjoyed the juxtaposition between the title and the content of the thread. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

I will admit that if he were talking about content I was a big fan of, I'd likely be more forgiving.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Some Schmo wrote:I will admit that if he were talking about content I was a big fan of, I'd likely be more forgiving.

Then the solution is simple: Click on some of the links designated "Excellent," then you'll become a big fan.

Easy peasy!

--Louis Midgley