Meet PERFUME, our official Japanese Electro-pop group!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: A *MAJOR* CHANGE AT MORMONDISCUSSIONS FOR 2017—please re

Post by _Dr. Shades »

zerinus wrote:They all sound the same to me. Are they all singing the same song? :lol:

You've got to be kidding. How many did you listen to?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_zerinus
_Emeritus

Post by _zerinus »

Dr. Shades wrote:You've got to be kidding. How many did you listen to?
I think that the whole of Japan knows only one tune, and they only ever sing that one tune! :lol:
_Always Changing
_Emeritus

Post by _Always Changing »

zerinus wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:You've got to be kidding. How many did you listen to?
I think that the whole of Japan knows only one tune, and they only ever sing that one tune! :lol:
Because only one ever gained international popularity? :lol: Sorry, shades.
Problems with auto-correct:
In Helaman 6:39, we see the Badmintons, so similar to Skousenite Mormons, taking over the government and abusing the rights of many.
_bomgeography
_Emeritus

Post by _bomgeography »

Your avatar makes a lot more sense now. lol
_bomgeography
_Emeritus

Post by _bomgeography »

I have a feeling that perfume is going to go big in the United States.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

All I know is I'm digging Ayano Ōmoto.

I could sit all day and watch her sing from the phone book or even the Book of Mormon.

On another note, I went to Tokyo this summer with my kids and we went to the Robot Restaurant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sJ5aEdLoPs

It was completely insane and we loved it.

We were also lucky enough to get reservations at this place for lunch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asH4jhr8E20

Tokyo was a total blast.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_malkie
_Emeritus

Post by _malkie »

Dr. Shades wrote:PART I of V:
The Introduction

Without further ado, I now present to you:

PERFUME, our new official Japanese electropop group of MormonDiscussions.com!!

So, who are Perfume? They consist of three members. From oldest to youngest:

• NŌCCHI, real name "Ayano Ōmoto." Short hair, parted down the middle. Usually always wearing shorts.
  • KASHIYUKA, real name "Yūka Kashino." Long hair and bangs. Usually always wearing a skirt.
  • A-CHAN (rhymes with "Ah shaun"), real name "Ayaka Nishiwaki." Hairstyle varies, but often curled somewhat and in a pony tail. Usually always wearing a slightly longer skirt. Clearly the most bubbly and outgoing of the three, as you’ll amply see in the concert footage, so she’s sort of the leader and spokeswoman by default.

Perfume 歌詞付き [サビメドレー] 60曲

My emphasis.

Dear Doctor Shades,

I will start to listen to the tracks, beginning with the recommended ones.

But please answer me this: when you wrote this, where was the guy who criticizes our grammar? And what's with the two spaces after the period?
NOMinal member

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

bomgeography wrote:I have a feeling that perfume is going to go big in the United States.

Wouldn't that be nice. It would be the first time non-English singers have ever done so, to my knowledge.

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:All I know is I'm digging Ayano Ōmoto.

I could sit all day and watch her sing from the phone book or even the Book of Mormon.

No doubt, she's a cutie!!

Tokyo was a total blast.

Since your kids were with you, I'm guessing this trip was for pleasure, not business? Either way, I'm totally jealous!

malkie wrote:I will start to listen to the tracks, beginning with the recommended ones.

Thank you! You won't regret it.

But please answer me this: when you wrote this, where was the guy who criticizes our grammar?

I have long maintained that language is just as much "art" as "science." In this case, I reverted to technical-writing mode since it "flowed" a little better in the middle of a list. You know, sort of like how we always see signs that say something like "Do not enter pool without showering" instead of "Do not enter the pool without showering."

And what's with the two spaces after the period?

That's the proper way to end a sentence.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Dr. Shades wrote:
bomgeography wrote:I have a feeling that perfume is going to go big in the United States.

Wouldn't that be nice. It would be the first time non-English singers have ever done so, to my knowledge.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I cannot for the life of me think of any either. :cool:
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: A *MAJOR* CHANGE AT MORMONDISCUSSIONS.COM—please read!

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Always Changing wrote:Who does their costuming? Very pretty stuff.

I don't know the first thing about fashion, but even I can wholeheartedly agree with you. Their clothing always looks first-rate.

--Louis Midgley