Meet PERFUME, our official Japanese Electro-pop group!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: A *MAJOR* CHANGE AT MORMONDISCUSSIONS.COM—please read!

Post by _Dr. Shades »

PART VI of VI:
The Epilogue

Whew! This series of posts took MANY hours to prepare, so I hope you won’t let my time go to waste and will instead click on at least a few of the above links (and listen, too, of course).

Now, I fully realize that adopting a new official J-pop group like this was an unprecedented step, since we adopted WINK well over 12 years ago and they’re firmly in our hearts and souls. Even so, I believe that this move celebrates and commemorates MormonDiscussions.com entering into its adulthood—or maybe MormonDiscussions.com entering into adulthood celebrates and commemorates this move. (Which came first, the chicken or the egg?) But controversy aside, hopefully my links and descriptions will convince you that this extraordinary step of adopting a new Japanese electropop group—Perfume—was not just a good decision, but the right decision.

(Once more: If you’d rather not endure the hassle of clicking on each of the above links individually, I compiled a YouTube playlist that contains all of the above songs, in the same order, in one convenient location. Click on:

Perfume – COMPLETE DISCOGRAPHY

. . . then click the “Play all” button.)

FUN FACT: I was fortunate enough to attend the concert that Perfume put on in San Jose, California—my hometown, incidentally—on April 17, 2019. I had an absolutely incredible time. I gave a full accounting of it, and its unbelievable aftermath, in this thread. Click and read to gain an even greater appreciation of Perfume, the official Japanese electro-pop group of MormonDiscussions.com. Similarly, our beloved poster Res Ipsa attended their Seattle concert a week earlier; his write-up is in this thread.

So, everybody, Welcome to PERFUME WORLD!
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

_CameronMO
_Emeritus

Post by _CameronMO »

Dr. Shades,

You have my word that when I listen to Japanese electropop, I will only listen to PERFUME.

Have a great year!
Trimble, you ignorant sack of rhinoceros puss. The only thing more obvious than your lack of education is the foul stench that surrounds you.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Acknowledging a certain charm you have, you are still a very strange person, Shades.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

CameronMO wrote:Dr. Shades,

You have my word that when I listen to Japanese electropop, I will only listen to PERFUME.

Have a great year!
Thank you on both counts! (But I see what you did there.)
Some Schmo wrote:Acknowledging a certain charm you have, you are still a very strange person, Shades.
Yeah, I get that a lot.

(But let me give you a peek at the man behind the curtain: A lot of what I write is purposefully tongue-in-cheek, meant to elicit a giggle or two through the medium of mild shock factor.)
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:(But let me give you a peek at the man behind the curtain: A lot of what I write is purposefully tongue-in-cheek, meant to elicit a giggle or two through the medium of mild shock factor.)

That fact has never gone unnoticed by me!!

Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Uh Shades, you're not the kind of guy who pays a girl extra to dress up in a Sailor Moon Costume, are you? ;-)

"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

MeDotOrg wrote:Uh Shades, you're not the kind of guy who pays a girl extra to dress up in a Sailor Moon Costume, are you? ;-)

You think I have that kind of money?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Always Changing
_Emeritus

Post by _Always Changing »

Who does their costuming? Very pretty stuff.
Problems with auto-correct:
In Helaman 6:39, we see the Badmintons, so similar to Skousenite Mormons, taking over the government and abusing the rights of many.
_zerinus
_Emeritus

Re: A *MAJOR* CHANGE AT MORMONDISCUSSIONS FOR 2017—please re

Post by _zerinus »

Dr. Shades wrote:PART I of V:
The Introduction

Dear Participants,

They all sound the same to me. Are they all singing the same song? :lol: