Mitt just introduced Ryan as the next US Pres

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_lulu
_Emeritus

Mitt just introduced Ryan as the next US Pres

Post by _lulu »

Freudian slip?
"And the human knew the source of life, the woman of him, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, 'I have procreated a man with Yahweh.'" Gen. 4:1, interior quote translated by D. Bokovoy.
_Bond James Bond
_Emeritus

Re: Mitt just introduced Ryan as the next US Pres

Post by _Bond James Bond »

Lurch / Eddie Haskell 2012

Vulture Capitalism / Voucher Health Care 2012

Snobby / Snotty 2012
Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded.-charity 3/7/07

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.
_Bond James Bond
_Emeritus

by the way if Romney wins Wisconsin I'm sure it'll offset the sadness of losing Florida.
Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded.-charity 3/7/07

MASH quotes
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Wow, these Republicans are making my decisions in the voting booth so easy.

There is no way in hell I would vote for either Romney or Ryan. The former may have been a possibility at one point. The latter never was a possibility for me.

So, thanks for making the decision easy, Mitt!

Obama it is.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Bond James Bond
_Emeritus

MASH quotes
_Bond James Bond
_Emeritus

Kishkumen wrote:Obama it is.

And Obama wins a swing state a vote. :wink:

MASH quotes
_MCB
_Emeritus

Post by _MCB »

Let's just wait to see what EA has to say about it. I moved to Wisconsin so my vote would not be wasted. Would be sad indeed.
Huckelberry said:
I see the order and harmony to be the very image of God which smiles upon us each morning as we awake.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/a ... cc_toc.htm
_Bond James Bond
_Emeritus

So Obama is the only Protestant of the Pres/VPres candidates. I am filled with great lolz about this nomination. I'm sure the Republican base is turning out for this ticket; that's going to transform Medicare and Social Security while giving a huge tax cut to the rich.

MASH quotes
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Bond James Bond wrote:
Kishkumen wrote:Obama it is.

And Obama wins a swing state a vote. :wink:

He really already had me. Ryan just makes any lingering hesitation evaporate.

I have been willing to give Mitt a chance based on the idea that he is most likely lying through his teeth when he cozies up to religious nuts and pseudo-libertarian corporate stooges. I figured that Mitt is a competent fix-it guy for a large system with big problems, so he might come up with decent solutions to some of our nation's problems.

But, as I have watched him campaign, I have seen someone who, in my view, makes a disastrous representative of our nation on the world stage. And, I am not willing to take a risk on someone who just may really believe that it is important to fight gay marriage or lower taxes on the wealthy even further.

His platform and performance in the campaign pretty much cancel out his performance in saving the Olympics and governing Massachusetts for me. Who is to say he wasn't a good governor there largely because he was constrained by liberal opinion?
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_angsty
_Emeritus

Post by _angsty »

I'm having flashbacks to the previous President election cycle where I became very concerned about McCain's judgment after he announced his VP pick. I had an enormous amount of respect for McCain prior to that, even thought a McCain presidency might be just the thing. Then he picked Palin, and my naïve hope that he might be different was destroyed. This say-anything-to-get-elected and veep-by-popularity-contest way of seeking the presidency disgusts me entirely.

I'm very disappointed. I don't think I would have voted for Romney, but I was of the opinion that if a Romney presidency was similar to a Romney governorship, it wouldn't be all bad. Now I think he's just wimpy, unprincipled, and possibly irrational. It's like a parody of Fox News coverage is being played out before me.