What are you reading?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Bob Loblaw
_Emeritus

What are you reading?

Post by _Bob Loblaw »

I'm sick of talking about politics. What books are you reading?

I'm reading "A World at Arms: A Global History of World War II" by Gerhard Weinberg. And I've been listening to the audiobook of Pete Townshend's "Who I Am" when I'm driving.
"It doesn't seem fair, does it Norm--that I should have so much knowledge when there are people in the world that have to go to bed stupid every night." -- Clifford C. Clavin, USPS

"¡No contaban con mi astucia!" -- El Chapulin Colorado
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Re: What are you reading?

Post by _Ceeboo »

Hey Bob :smile:

Currently, I am reading the off-topic forum on the MDB.

Peace,
Ceeboo
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Ceeboo wrote:Hey Bob :smile:

Currently, I am reading the off-topic forum on the MDB.

Peace,
Ceeboo

:lol:
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_Analytics
_Emeritus

Post by _Analytics »

Bob Loblaw wrote:I'm sick of talking about politics. What books are you reading?

I'm reading "A World at Arms: A Global History of World War II" by Gerhard Weinberg. And I've been listening to the audiobook of Pete Townshend's "Who I Am" when I'm driving.

Is he disappointed that the thing about not dying before he got old hasn't worked out? I love the Who.

I'm in the middle of Night Soldiers by Alan Furst. On the non-fiction side, The Clash of Cultures by John Bogle and Better Off Without 'Em by Chuck Thompson.
It’s relatively easy to agree that only Homo sapiens can speak about things that don’t really exist, and believe six impossible things before breakfast. You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

-Yuval Noah Harari
_Drifting
_Emeritus

Post by _Drifting »

"Tea Leaves And Palms" by I.C.Phewture.
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator
_Droopy
_Emeritus

Post by _Droopy »

I'm just about to start The Birth of Classical Europe, by Simon Price and Peter Thonemann. This is a library check-out, which I've started to do again as I'm quite low on funds and have not been able to find a job for many months now.

I'm rather tired of politics myself (though not of first principles).
Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father [in Heaven] and how familiar his face is to us

- President Ezra Taft Benson

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Warped Passages, by Lisa Randall.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Drifting
_Emeritus

Post by _Drifting »

"Scaling The Heights" by Ivor Laddur.
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”

_Drifting
_Emeritus

Post by _Drifting »

"Winning Isn't Everything" by W.M.Romney

_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

"I Wish There Was Something Left Of Far Left" by beastie

Peace,
Ceeboo