BCspace and Droopy unraveling

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_beastie
_Emeritus

BCspace and Droopy unraveling

Post by _beastie »

I was going to try and swear off politics for a while since it had gotten so heated lately. But watching bcspace and droopy unravel is just too entertaining. I may have to take droopy completely off ignore as long as my popcorn lasts.

On a serious note, bcspace and droopy are representative of the frankenstein the republican party has created in the last six or so years. It's ugly, and it's after them.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Droopy
_Emeritus

Re: BCspace and Droopy unraveling

Post by _Droopy »

Retreat into fantasy is all the Left has left, as its all the Left ever had.

Your new dark age, be warned, will overtake you and yours just as it will overtake the righteous and all the good and truly just of the earth. You will not escape that which you have brought upon me, my children and my grandchildren.

That provides little solace, true, but I know in whom I have trusted, and in the end, the wheat and the tares will part company one, final time.
Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father [in Heaven] and how familiar his face is to us

- President Ezra Taft Benson

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Droopy wrote:Retreat into fantasy is all the Left has left, as its all the Left ever had.

Your new dark age, be warned, will overtake you and yours just as it will overtake the righteous and all the good and truly just of the earth. You will not escape that which you have brought upon me, my children and my grandchildren.

That provides little solace, true, but I know in whom I have trusted, and in the end, the wheat and the tares will part company one, final time.

Yeah, I'm taking you off ignore. It's just too good.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Retreat into fantasy is all the Left has left, as its all the Left ever had

:lol:

Project much?

We're not the ones crying Droopy. Our guy won. You and your ilk are the ones desperately trying to make sense of all of this, and the reason most of us are no longer interested in spending chunks of the day refuting your stupidity anymore is because we realize it is better to let you continue in your delusions. You have nothing. You won nothing. You cannot think for yourself. You'll scroll the Right Wing blogosphere religiously and accept whatever excuses they come up with, without question. The way you guys are acting so pedantically, recoiling in your own ignorance and denial, it almost makes me feel sorry for you. Almost.

Everything you insisted was true, has recently been shown to be not even close to true. And this is how you react when faced with truth. The same way Mormon apologists go into conniption fits when evidence is presented proving that their entire fantasy world of Mormonism was a fraud all along. You'll fight against truth and reality till your last breathe, and think there is something noble about that. There isn't. It makes you look dumber than you really are.

Ultimately it is better to let you keep believing the drivel you keep relaying from the Right Wing media. Please, by all means, keep believing it! Keep focusing on a this fantasy problem that explains all your woes. We know your problem is right there in the mirror, but keep up the good fight of ignorance Droopy. I'm sure one day you'll get some sense of gratification, envisioning yourselves as the lone warriors against a nation under siege.
_Droopy
_Emeritus

Post by _Droopy »

We're not the ones crying Droopy. Our guy won. You and your ilk are the ones desperately trying to make sense of all of this, and the reason most of us are no longer interested in spending chunks of the day refuting your stupidity anymore is because we realize it is better to let you continue in your delusions. You have nothing. You won nothing. You cannot think for yourself. You'll scroll the Right Wing blogosphere religiously and accept whatever excuses they come up with, without question. The way you guys are acting so pedantically, recoiling in your own ignorance and denial, it almost makes me feel sorry for you. Almost.

Everything you insisted was true, has recently been shown to be not even close to true. And this is how you react when faced with truth. The same way Mormon apologists go into conniption fits when evidence is presented proving that their entire fantasy world of Mormonism was a fraud all along. You'll fight against truth and reality till your last breathe, and think there is something noble about that. There isn't. It makes you look dumber than you really are.

Ultimately it is better to let you keep believing the drivel you keep relaying from the Right Wing media. Please, by all means, keep believing it! Keep focusing on a this fantasy problem that explains all your woes. We know your problem is right there in the mirror, but keep up the good fight of ignorance Droopy. I'm sure one day you'll get some sense of gratification, envisioning yourselves as the lone warriors against a nation under siege.

Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father [in Heaven] and how familiar his face is to us

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell
_Analytics
_Emeritus

Post by _Analytics »

Droopy wrote:...but I know in whom I have trusted...

In whom have you trusted? Glenn Beck, I presume?

Droopy wrote:...and in the end, the wheat and the tares will part company one, final time.

So you think the South ought to secede from the Union?
It’s relatively easy to agree that only Homo sapiens can speak about things that don’t really exist, and believe six impossible things before breakfast. You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

-Yuval Noah Harari
_Droopy
_Emeritus

Post by _Droopy »

I have always had a particular prejudice, or bigotry, and it has never been aimed at blacks or any other ethnic minority, but at the South and Southerners. This developed in childhood, in the mid-sixties, and has remained. While living here, some of these have been shown to be exaggerated, while others seem to have been confirmed.

You see, I'm a Yank, and I'm quite happy the Union won the civil war.

I'm also happy, unlike a number of folks here, that the United States won the Cold War.

- Thomas Sowell
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

I suppose this hysteria is just how some on the right are dealing with the unwelcome intrusion of reality into the special fantasy world they've constructed. It's kind of sad, like a wail of the id in distress.

Penn & Teller

_Analytics
_Emeritus

Post by _Analytics »

Droopy wrote:

I have always had a particular prejudice, or bigotry, and it has never been aimed at blacks or any other ethnic minority, but at the South and Southerners. This developed in childhood, in the mid-sixties, and has remained. While living here, some of these have been shown to be exaggerated, while others seem to have been confirmed.

You see, I'm a Yank, and I'm quite happy the Union won the civil war.

Interesting. A fun book for you to read would be Better Off Without 'Em by Chuck Thompson. I'd be quite interested in your thoughts--it is a great rant against the South. The irony here is that it blames the South for creating views such as your own.

Droopy wrote:I'm also happy, unlike a number of folks here, that the United States won the Cold War.

The right-wing narritive is that the U.S. won the cold war because thanks to Reagan's military build-up, the U.S.S.R. went bankrupt on military spending. But based upon the right-wing's desire to continuously increase military spending rather than enjoy the never-collected peace dividend, it looks like they want America to follow the U.S.S.R.'s path to defeat.
It’s relatively easy to agree that only Homo sapiens can speak about things that don’t really exist, and believe six impossible things before breakfast. You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

-Yuval Noah Harari
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

On a serious note, bcspace and droopy are representative of the frankenstein the republican party has created in the last six or so years.

Here beastie has bought into a Hollywood produced strawman as illustrated by the fact that she can't accurate name anything the Tea Party stands for.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.