Love

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Love

Post by _zeezrom »

R.B. KITAJ, UNTITLED, 1969

Ford Maddox Brown, The last of England

‘Romeo and Juliet’ Photographer - Annie Leibovitz, Model - Coco Rocha, American Vogue December 2008

???

walter van beirendonck spring summer 1994 by ronald stoops

William Holman Hunt - Claudio and Isabella

Illustration by Hank Stallworth, Redbook, July 1961

Elena Odriozola at Children's Books Ireland Conference 2010
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Re: Love

Post by _Quasimodo »

This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

Very nice, Quas.
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

From 'daguerrotype found' thread...

aeons before, when he had pictures, ludwigm wrote:[#img] http://img2.indafoto.hu/10/1/57091_6715 ... 73c5_m.jpg[/img]

Who are they?

- Adam and Eve
- Judah and Tamar
- David and Bath-sheba
- Samson and Delilah (for Bible literalists)
- Sacco and Vanzetti (for Droopy)
- Hansel und Gretel (for bcspace)
- Mickey and Minnie
- Jonah and the whale (for gdemetz)
- David and Jonathan (for Paul)
- Sappho and Alcaeus ...
- Cardinal Richelieu and Mylady de Winter
- an atheist and a TBM in 2003
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

ludwigm wrote:From 'daguerrotype found' thread...

aeons before, when he had pictures, ludwigm wrote:Image

- an atheist and a TBM in 2003

Very nice!

The Holy Sacrament.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

So, what is your commentary that corresponds to the images you posted?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

Dr. Shades wrote:So, what is your commentary that corresponds to the images you posted?

I feel my words would only detract from them.

I suppose I could say that these images remind me of ideal, romantic love.

The Holy Sacrament.
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

zeezrom wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:So, what is your commentary that corresponds to the images you posted?

I feel my words would only detract from them.

I suppose I could say that these images remind me of ideal, romantic love.

True lovers can play they are true lovers.
Our play is/was trying to demonstrate it. We could have selected another costume, there were many dozens at that event. This one was that fitttttttttted the most.

Could have I represented it only by words?

Or this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWgIOb_U2Hc
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Zee, I am continuing to enjoy your theological commentary. I am not sure what it is doing down here in trolls ville however.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

huckelberry wrote:Zee, I am continuing to enjoy your theological commentary. I am not sure what it is doing down here in trolls ville however.

Trolls need love, too?
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.