How large is the library on your computer?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_MCB
_Emeritus

How large is the library on your computer?

Post by _MCB »

Size on disc 2.27 GB (2,442,153,985 bytes)
272 files 13 folders
Huckelberry said:
I see the order and harmony to be the very image of God which smiles upon us each morning as we awake.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/a ... cc_toc.htm
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Re: How large is the library on your computer?

Post by _Fence Sitter »

1.73 GB 574 Files 103 Folders

I do have a lot of articles filed under both the Author and Subject.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

I've been making a habit to save stuff online. I have about 7,000 images bookmarked online.

I also use Dropbox to sync all my Ruby/Python files. That way, I don't have to bring my computer home.
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

zeezrom wrote:I've been making a habit to save stuff online. I have about 7,000 images bookmarked online.

I also use Dropbox to sync all my Ruby/Python files. That way, I don't have to bring my computer home.

Do you use a bookmark index like de.licio.us?
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

Blixa wrote:Do you use a bookmark index like de.licio.us?
I do have a delicious account and use it regularly. I like it.
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

Location H:\books
1.23 GB
1666 files 126 folders (the files' count doesn't show any real count; books in HTML format may contain 20-30 files)

If the size of that subdirectory reaches 4.7 GB, it will be saved on DVD named "BOOKS 5", and begins at "0".
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_MCB
_Emeritus

Post by _MCB »

ludwigm wrote:If the size of that subdirectory reaches 4.7 GB, it will be saved on DVD named "BOOKS 5", and begins at "0".
So you have moved 18 GB of books to DVD's? :eek: You win.
Huckelberry said:
I see the order and harmony to be the very image of God which smiles upon us each morning as we awake.

_madeleine
_Emeritus

Post by _madeleine »

Mine goes back to 2001, it started as a folder on a hard drive. I then carried it around on a USB for a few years, and now it lives on Google Drive.

3.81 GB on disk for 6,364 items

I have a separate USB drive (I called it my book pack) that has nothing but books for my Kindle. I have a few hundred titles saved to it.
Being a Christian is not the result of an ethical choice or a lofty idea, but the encounter with an event, a person, which gives life a new horizon and a decisive direction -Pope Benedict XVI
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

MCB wrote:
ludwigm wrote:If the size of that subdirectory reaches 4.7 GB, it will be saved on DVD named "BOOKS 5", and begins at "0".
So you have moved 18 GB of books to DVD's? :eek: You win.

Unfortunately, 98% of them are English.
Near all of them would not be available for me other way, without downloading.
You know, our flat and our budget are limited.

Winning? I don't know. Every time I sweep the list for reading the next one, I find the backlog terrible...
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_MCB
_Emeritus

Post by _MCB »

Thomas Maurice's nine books on India take up quite a bit of room. I have only sampled for what I wanted, but they look interesting.

Once I get a break from my primary project, I may just delve into them.

Google rules, although I should give credit to some smaller repositories of public domain stuff.

I kept them on a flashdrive for a while, but my computer has plenty of room on it, and this is the only device I am using.
Huckelberry said: