Question about a man's fantasy

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Question about a man's fantasy

Post by _zeezrom »

Do any of you men out there ever fantasize about sitting in a wingback chair, next to a large fireplace, with a dog at your feet? ...oh, and a bear rug?

Anyone?

Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_schreech
_Emeritus

Re: Question about a man's fantasy

Post by _schreech »

zeezrom wrote:Do any of you men out there ever fantasize about sitting in a wingback chair, next to a large fireplace, with a dog at your feet? ...oh, and a bear rug?

Anyone?

I do have fantasies that involve chairs...fireplace and dog are optional...:

"your reasoning that children should be experimented upon to justify a political agenda..is tantamount to the Nazi justification for experimenting on human beings."-SUBgenius on gay parents
"I've stated over and over again on this forum and fully accept that I'm a bigot..." - ldsfaqs
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

zeezrom wrote:Do any of you men out there ever fantasize about sitting in a wing back chair, next to a large fireplace, with a dog at your feet? ...oh, and a bear rug?

Anyone?

Now that it's starting to get cold, I do that nightly. The fireplace is kind of imitation because it's a gas fireplace (the large screen TV hangs over it). I have two large dogs that compete for the space closest to my feet (Yellow Lab and Short Haired Pointer). The winged backed chair is leather. Maybe I should consider smoking a pipe (I do, often, have a glass of wine on the drum table next to me). :biggrin:

I would (in some ways) like to have a bear rug, but I think I would feel some pangs of guilt about being partly responsible for it's demise.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Toss in a pipe, a decanter with an aged brandy, and a wall-mounted blunderbuss.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Do you have to be a man? Cuz I could go for some o' dat.

Although I would rather lie on a couch in front of a fireplace wearing a Japanese kimono over long white cotton nightdress with black cotton over the knee socks tucked into tiny red leather slippers.

And be nestling with some kitty cats...

something along these lines:

( I had a better picture, but I don't have time to resize every last image)
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

There we go. Had to make it really small.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_MCB
_Emeritus

Post by _MCB »

If I had a man, sleeping with him (with some activity included) on the bearskin rug in front of the fireplace with maybe a dog included. Otherwise the fantasy wouldn't be complete.
Huckelberry said:
I see the order and harmony to be the very image of God which smiles upon us each morning as we awake.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/a ... cc_toc.htm
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

_MCB
_Emeritus

Post by _MCB »

That picture is rich, Blixa. I love the interplay of all those colors.
Huckelberry said:
I see the order and harmony to be the very image of God which smiles upon us each morning as we awake.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/a ... cc_toc.htm
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

Blixa wrote:Image

Doing exactly as that picture shows would be bliss.
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.