What is Obama's religion

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.

What is Obama's religion

Total votes: 0

_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Re: What is Obama's religion

Post by _Jason Bourne »

beastie wrote:George W Bush invited Sheikh Abdullah Bakhsh to give a benediction at the 2000 Republican convention. Does that mean he's a secret Muslim too?

One of the most serious problems the world faces is the rage of a portion of the Islamic community. That portion believes we hate them and want to destroy them. Is it so hard to imagine that fostering better relationships with the Islamic community might be a worthy goal, even if one isn't an "atheist with Islamic leanings"?

by the way, I hope you realize that as long as people like you are so vocal within the Republican party, it dimishes the party in the eyes of most Americans. If the Republican party does not find a way to stop looking like the lunatics are running the asylum, it's in trouble. It will continue to dominate the House due to gerrymandering for a while, but it will continue to lose everything else.

+1. And in fact I have been seriously considering dropping my affiliation with the republican party. The continue to be a horrible embarrassment.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

richardMdBorn wrote:Thanks for the compliment. Too bad you didn't give cogent arguments. It's one thing to invite a Muslim to a ceremony. It's another thing to place feel good fairy tales as one of the three goals for NASA.

Even worse, Obama said this:

The spirit behind this holiday is a reminder that Islam brings hope and comfort to more than a billion people worldwide. Islam affirms God’s justice and insists on man’s moral responsibility. This holiday is also an occasion to remember that Islam gave birth to a rich civilization of learning that has benefitted mankind.

Right?

Your guy is doing such a fine job with foreign policy. Iran continues to develop atomic bombs and the missiles to deliver them. Obama did very little to help the green revolution in 2009. He was too busy trying to overthrow Haiti’s constitution. The Muslim Brotherhood controls Egypt, thanks at least in part to Obama. Obama was urged not to press for quick elections since it was clear that the MB would be the beneficiary. The MB was the most organized party and was expected to win early elections. A slower pace would have allowed other parties to organize. The MB states that, “Allah is our objective; the Prophet is our leader; the Koran is our law; Jihad is our way; dying in the path of Allah is our highest hope.” Their form of civilizational jihad will probably prove to be far more effective than Bin Laden’s approach. Obama's Director of National Intelligence James Clapper stated that the “The term ‘Muslim Brotherhood’ is an umbrella term for a variety of movements. In the case of Egypt, a very heterogeneous group, largely secular which has eschewed violence and has decried al-Qaida as a perversion of Islam. They have pursued social ends, betterment of the political order in Egypt, etc.” It doesn't sound very secular to me. The fact that Obama has such an idiot for an adviser should worry even beastie. The Obama administration corrected Clapper, but how can a DNI make such a ridiculous statement. Morsi's anti-Semitic and anti-western statements have now come to light. But they were obvious long before Obama had the Muslim brotherhood sit in the front row of his Cairo speech. Sharia law, not in theory but in practice, is Obama’s gift to Egypt. How’s that for a war on women.

Let's start with your first point. In your opinion, what should Obama have done to slow Iran's progression towards nuclear bombs? Be specific.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Jason Bourne wrote:
+1. And in fact I have been seriously considering dropping my affiliation with the republican party. The continue to be a horrible embarrassment.

Did you see Richard's response above? He takes my comments as a compliment. That's the whole problem that the Republican party faces. The lunatic fringe which has too much power isn't able to recognize that they are problematic and hurting the Republican party. Worse, the mainstream Republican leaders are seemingly incapable of helping this fringe group recognize that their behavior hurts the party. And they're afraid of the fringe group because they need their votes.

The Republican party is in real trouble. I feel sorry for their leaders.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_krose
_Emeritus

Post by _krose »

beastie wrote:
Your guy is doing such a fine job with foreign policy. Iran continues to develop atomic bombs and the missiles to deliver them.

Let's start with your first point. In your opinion, what should Obama have done to slow Iran's progression towards nuclear bombs? Be specific.

I'm also very interested in an answer to this.
"The DNA of fictional populations appears to be the most susceptible to extinction." - Simon Southerton