2020 Election Night

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: 2020 Election Night

Post by Moksha »

Yeah, looks like Trump is going to win. Although that seems strange, like Moscow has tampered with voting.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:13 am
Yeah, looks like Trump is going to win. Although that seems strange, like Moscow has tampered with voting.
Look at the % of votes that are yet to be counted. It ain't over.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Most likely it will be days before the Supreme Court declares Trump the winner.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Trump is reportedly angry at Fox for calling Arizona for Biden. Arizona evidently doesn't like a man who don't like a man who happened to get caught.

First of all, thanks for no major violence or interference on election day.

The most interesting thing about this election is the dramatic swings between mail-in and same-day votes. In the 'olden days' absentee ballots were typically Republican businessmen who were out of town. Absentee and mail-in ballots now seem to favor Democrats. So if mail-in ballots are counted first, Democrats gets a bump, and if same-day ballots are counted first, the GOP gets the bump. So a lot of the initial returns are highly skewed to one candidate or another.

Neverthleless, Trump is doing better that I expected. I still think Biden will win, but I thought Biden didn't take anything in the Sunbelt other than Arizona. I will probably doze off in a while, and wake up at 5am in The Great State of Anxiety.

Fingers crossed...
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

You people are getting on my damn nerves. :lol:

Go clean something. That's what I'm doing. Gonna have the cleanest house on the block.

I mean, dirt road.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Jersey Girl, since Trump is currently ahead in electoral votes, what about moving the furniture to vacuum underneath?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:17 am
Jersey Girl, since Trump is currently ahead in electoral votes, what about moving the furniture to vacuum underneath?
I probably shouldn't move the furniture tonight. I have a hurty rib. You don't wanna know what stupid thing I did.

Otherwise, although I appear calm on the outside in real life, here is the current mood in my head.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

How I wish I could spend this evening.

Slava Ukraini!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

There's a tradition that the outgoing President leaves a note in the desk in the Oval Office for the incoming President. Typically words of encouragement, and hopefully, some wisdom gained from their time in office.

One can only speculate as to what Trump might write.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
- Edwin Land
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Relax...take a bath...

- Will Durant
- Edwin Land