Burn, Letecia

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Burn, Letecia

Post by Res Ipsa »

What a nightmare for Harley. :( :(
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:37 pm
What a nightmare for Harley. :( :(
Exactly. I am sure she didn't leave childhood unscathed however, she has managed to get on a good track in life. Her IG account is filled with lovely photos of this petite and intelligent beauty in various settings including tasteful photos in swim suits, outfits, workout clothing, and scrubs. Here she is as she appeared in court on Monday.

We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Day 10 (yesterday)

Briefly. Winging it without notes. From memory. No links provided this time because I'm on to today's session. If anyone wants to search it up look for Crime Talk (Scott Reisch) and notice that he's got yesterday AND today titled as Day 10. Probably an oversight done in haste because he was on his way to fly up to Idaho to get into the courthouse to attend the Vallow trial early morning.

Lead Detective El Paso County: Showed the search area during the search on Hwy 105. He described the search: Sheriff's office, CBI, FBI, National Guard, drones, planes, etc. He stated he had never in his entire career seen a such a widespread search like this one that spanned several states. He is the one who found a piece of board concealed at the base of a deciduous tree. Photo of the board as he found it before it was moved. Based on his experience he recognized a stain (slightly shaped in a circle--head) to be blood. Board was pressed board wood approx. 20 x 20. Showed the actual board inside collection bag to the jury. The board would account for the 4 blunt force wounds delivered to Gannon's head.

Crime Scene Investigator testimony:
Showing the extent of blood spatters on the wall in Gannon's bedroom that was marked by tape. Blood spatters looked to go up the wall approximately 6ft high. Blood stain easily seen in the corner where Gannon's bed was pushed up against the wall--likely where his head would be while laying down.

Blood Spatter Expert: Testified to the patterns of blood spatters on the wall. Explained how there could be a break in the spatters due to clean up or the presence of an obstacle--Gannon's head--which typically fan out in a kind of cone pattern. ALL blood spatters for which samples were collected match the DNA of Gannon Stauch.

Florida Arresting Officer:
This man was impressive. He served 20 years on the Myrtle Beach police force and is now in domestic and international terrorism unit there. Previous service was 16 years on the NYPD (!). He was not technically the arresting officer. LIEtecia was taken into custody under his direction with him as observer/witness. LE knew that Harley had a meeting with her recruiter, LIEtecia would be driving her to the office and then the two would separate. They picked up LIEtecia as she drove away, multi-cruiser roadside stop. She did not resist arrest or attempt to flee. She was driving a (blue) minivan and when pulled over LE noticed...

a second suitcase.

A pink polka dot suitcase and other belongings inside the minivan. When opened, the pink suitcase revealed a small blanket with blood stains, clothing and other items (cell phone) stuffed under the blanket. The suitcase itself was found to have transfer blood stains on it.

File the above under "stupid stuff criminals do to incriminate themselves"*. I don't think there was testimony as to a match on the blood stains. Not yet anyway. Suitcase was shown to the jury.

There was one testimony that I believe was given by the first witness mentioned, the Lead Detective from El Paso County who said that the more she talked, the more clear it was that she was trying to lead investigators AWAY from the house while the evidence lead BACK to the house as the crime scene.

The day ended part way through another phone call between Al Stauch and LIEtecia that ran 45 minutes with a promise of more recorded calls today. I heard a clip of another call taken from today's proceedings with Al hammering the living hell out of her.

*This is one of the most amazing things I've witnessed in all the trials I've seen, the stupid things criminals do while fleeing or trying to cover up their involvement and guilt. The evidence in this particular case far more extensive than I have seen in other high profile cases likely due to the fact that she began her flight/cover up immediately following the murder then dragging herself (and Harley) cross country. The more she tried to get away with it, the longer the list became of stupid mistakes she made.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Apology for a statement I made previously here when I described some of Harley's IG photos wearing 'skimpy swim suits'. I don't know why I even said it that way and I shouldn't have. They are swimsuits typically worn by young women today and none of them are inappropriate. Apologies to the reader if there are any here.

Slava Ukraini!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:51 am
Apology for a statement I made previously here when I described some of Harley's IG photos wearing 'skimpy swim suits'. I don't know why I even said it that way and I shouldn't have. They are swimsuits typically worn by young women today and none of them are inappropriate. Apologies to the reader if there are any here.
No problem, we got your point! Skimpy can be descriptive without necessarily being pejorative. : D

Thank you for doing this, I listen to bits and pieces but it’s discouraging at times so I appreciate your summary. This is a horrible, horrible person, and what she did to an innocent child is unfathomable.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Day 11 (Wed, yesterday)

The bulk of the day (and I mean bulk) was largely devoted to listening to more recorded phone calls between Al Stauch and Stepmonster. There was some testimony from FBI Agent Amber (didn't catch last name) who described how Stepmonster started to incorporate details into her stories during her calls with Al based on what she saw going on in the news during the search.

Example: She incorporated the board that was found on Hwy 105 before it was ever made public into her account, saying that she hit her own head on the board in the house when the perp (Quincy Brown--one of many alleged perp names she used) had attacked her and Gannon. She knew the search had moved to Hwy 105 so she came up with a story about how she tried to buy a bike for Al off Craigslist, Gannon got on it to try it out, fell off and hit his head.

Back to the calls...there are 16 total recorded calls between Al and Stepmonster and one with Agent Amber that the jury is going to be forced to listen to during the course of this trial. Anyway...

Unbeknownst to her, FBI Agent Amber is in the other room of wherever Al is. At one point (and when I say at one point, I mean it's so stinking cumbersome that I can't recall when one thing or the other happened because it's just too much to ask of any human being and God Bless the jurors who sit there day after day listening to this mess.) Al tells Stepmonster he can get help from 'that Amber lady' who told him to call any time and tells Stepmonster she can tell the story directly to Amber. Al sets up a 3-way call as soon as Amber picks up another phone in the house. Stepmonster totally changes her demeanor and ends up hanging up on Agent Amber.

There's literally no point in detailing about 6 hours of rambling butt covering word salad spin on the part of Stepmonster so I've take a different approach for this one post and lighten it up just a bit. If the attorneys can laugh out loud in court during such a serious and complex case...so can we. :)

*** So let's observe the defense attorney's during this day after hearing hours of the meandering ravings of Stepmonster timestamped for the convenience of the reader/watcher here if there are any interested.

This is near the end of one of the lengthy phone calls and If I recall correctly (which I may not at this point because my brain goes numb listening to this) before Al brings Amber into the 3-way phone call. Just prior to this clip, you can hear Al tell Amber 'I'm not buying it.' WATCH the defense attorney and the guy behind him sitting on the defense side of the courtroom. Watch this for at least 1-1.5 minutes and enjoy!

https://youtu.be/Fd0NnWZRaws?t=10455

Here's another clip at the defense table. Watch it for 3 minutes. I left in the beginning of this clip so you can see one of the defense attorneys rocking in his chair the other about to yawn and both of them bored out of their skulls. When Stepmonster looks up it appears she's tied her own hair into a knot on one side.

https://youtu.be/Fd0NnWZRaws?t=21651

There were tons of such clips to be had during Day 11. The rocking defense attorney was often seen laying back in his chair staring at the ceiling. The attorney on the right seems grumpy. They're probably both reevaluating their career choice as public defense and counting the hours until they can make their way to the nearest downtown pub.

That's all folks! :lol:
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:37 am, edited 6 times in total.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Mental Health Chihuahua Break: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/l4_1qOxmjVU

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:16 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:51 am
No problem, we got your point! Skimpy can be descriptive without necessarily being pejorative. : D

Thank you for doing this, I listen to bits and pieces but it’s discouraging at times so I appreciate your summary. This is a horrible, horrible person, and what she did to an innocent child is unfathomable.

Oh thanks! I never know who if anyone is reading any of these posts of mine. They're in court for possibly a total of 6.5 hours, with about an hour and a half going to breaks. It's difficult trying to watch a whole day when there are other in real life things to do. I'm really just posting about facts brought out in trial that weren't made public prior and like I said, I'm doing it mainly for myself because we were affected by this as well so it's a bit cathartic and will help me put it to rest. Example: It was a good two months of feeling paranoid whenever we were outside on our property or arriving home alone. Residents of the whole area really felt that.

I don't know why I said that about the swimsuits. I thought better of it later and wanted to own it because it felt wrong to me. :oops:

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Day 12

I've made a command decision for this Day 12 of the trial: We're just gonna say no to word salad.

If anyone has the slightest interest in hearing even so much as a sample of T-bag lie her meandering mouth off to Al Stauch or during interviews by detectives with a few bits of commentary by LE, essentially how she jerked people around and tried to debate them...feel free to jump into this link anywhere you like! Anywhere except a break!

Letecia Stauch Trial LIVE Day 12 LIVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMMfj--01HI

Note: Mental health experts due in on or about the middle of next week. So far, we haven't heard any testimony from MH folks.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Day 13 (Monday)

Forensic serologist and Forensic DNA analysis experts both testified. They each described their process and how they make determinations. Example: How they differentiate between Gannon's blood and DNA and his blood relatives. All blood found during the investigation belonged to Gannon Stauch. DNA expert explained how the toothbrush that was confiscated early in the investigation was used to match DNA with bone and bone marrow, then all the DNA sources found in the investigation. DNA being bodily fluids and skin cells, and how precise the results are. If I never hear the word 'octillion' again in my life I'd be ok with it. The only object that contained DNA of someone else besides Gannon (that I recall, testimony was lengthy) was Liebag's DNA found on a pair of Nike sneakers. She said that the DNA analysis expert in Florida got the same results.

But let's roll back to the beginning of the day. If anyone could get Liebag to straightforwardly answer a question regarding the disappearance of Gannon Stauch, it would have to be a highly skilled interrogator trained in behavioral analysis.

Enter (former) FBI Special Agent, Johnny Grusing.

He questioned Liebag for five grueling hours. It is sheer misery to listen to. I've never heard anything like this. Today was only about an hour all total. All I can say is that CSI agents Tammy Lee and Graham Coder, who questioned and finally got a confession out of Chris Watts, had it totally easy street.

Johnny Grusing is a masterful interrogator. He'll easily put you in mind of singer Randy Travis. Part of his questioning of Liebag was played with breaks for his commentary in court as to what and why he was doing what he did with her. The final question to Liebag was--What was her last image of Gannon--and she couldn't even answer THAT in one sentence. Instead she went round and round in circles while Grusing patiently waited and restated the question. He never got a straight answer out of her on anything.

At one point Liebag essentially says that God (the man up there) will help her through this and prove her innocent to which Johnny replied "He's not going to be on the jury." 8-)

I don't see that he got that much out of Liebag except a few details that were similar to her calls with Al Stauch example: describing the size of the board among many boards. Like I said before, the truth lies somewhere in the telling. As for Liebag, I've never seen any suspect like this. Not once. Not ever. She's is leaps and bounds (make that eleventy billion octillions) worse than Jodi Arias ever thought of being. She makes Arias look like a kindergarten school girl, shyly trying not to tell on herself to the teacher while she twists her hair around her fingers.

Nice work, Johnny! Unfortunately you went up against the biggest brick wall ever seen in all of human history! My only question is who was the rock and who was the hard place? I defy anyone to answer that!

Johnny Grusing (wearing shades) at the arrest of a serial killer.

Johnny Grusing

Testimony starts at the beginning and goes for about an hour.

Letecia Stauch Trial LIVE Day 13 LIVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YlFE63kZ2k&t=2700s

Slava Ukraini!