Rules and Moderator information

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Rules and Moderator information

Post by Jersey Girl »

Tinfoilhat wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:33 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:21 am

I'm asking that moderators and admin discuss the issue and make a ruling on this phrase using the same principles of reasoning that were were used to rule against the use of the words...Lord, forgive me.

Cunt
Nigger
Retard

Additionally, on the previous now broken and recently archived board, I was outright and directly told by one male poster to F another male poster. Shades ruled against that suggestion and either relocated the post or edited the post from within. I believe that he actually took both actions in that case.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the word Nazi ruled on here unless it is being used in the formal and appropriate sense as a reference to actual Nazi's.

So there you go, RI. If you need to ask me more questions, feel free and I'll do my best to answer.
By the time you two women are done begging the moderators to moderate every little thang that gets your panties to ride up your butt crack, posters are going to go over to Mormon Dialogue & Discussion Board so they can post somewhere that allows freedom of speech🤣🤣
Something tells me that if anyone here were to choose to go over to MD&D, none of them would be you. Your right to free speech stops at a poster's right to post here without being harassed and in this case, your targeting female posters using purposefully graphic and inappropriate gender related slurs and phrases. That this board is male dominated is not your permission slip to knowingly and intentionally harass female posters with sexually charged language.

Board nanny someone else or make a reasonable case for the phrases you are using. Our panties, our butt cracks, our husbands or partners are not acceptable discourse in main forums in a community that clearly has rules in place, by forum description.

So Mr. Whoopee Cushion, make your case or stand by while this board functions the way in which it was intended to.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Tinfoilhat wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:47 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:35 am
Lem in the way it's been used and to whom it's been used, do you see that as a form of sexual harassment or do you see it as a form of general harassment? It's clearly being used as a female pejorative but for what purpose would you say?
Oh please! I knitted a pink vagina hat for my progressive friend Wynona last year and she loved it!
The name of the hat in question is a Pussy Hat.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:43 am

For clarification, do you believe a Atlantic Mike’s use of the term violates a current rule or are you requesting a modification of the rules?
I'm asking that moderators and admin discuss the issue and make a ruling on this phrase using the same principles of reasoning that were were used to rule against the use of the words...Lord, forgive me.

Cunt
Nigger
Retard

Additionally, on the previous now broken and recently archived board, I was outright and directly told by one male poster to F another male poster. Shades ruled against that suggestion and either relocated the post or edited the post from within. I believe that he actually took both actions in that case.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the word Nazi ruled on here unless it is being used in the formal and appropriate sense as a reference to actual Nazi's.

So there you go, RI. If you need to ask me more questions, feel free and I'll do my best to answer.
Thanks, Jersey Girl. I appreciate your willingness to clarify. I need to re-read the information on the banned word list to, as we say, refresh my recollection.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:58 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

Cunt
Nigger
Retard

Thanks, Jersey Girl. I appreciate your willingness to clarify. I need to re-read the information on the banned word list to, as we say, refresh my recollection.
While you're at it, I'm going to request that you or other members of the mod team, including admin, review the posts in which the phrase was used. Then please tell me why some references were moved to Prison and why others were left here in Paradise. I don't see a consistency of practice there, but I could be missing something.

In the end, I want to see Shades make the ruling himself as he has in the past.

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:55 am
Tinfoilhat wrote:
Oh please! I knitted a pink vagina hat for my progressive friend Wynona last year and she loved it!

Actually, ‘Pussyhat’. One word.

Now that this post has been read by some folks here, intentional misrepresentation or substitution of any part of that item’s name with perceived synonyms might be seen as an attempt at being unnecessarily provocative, depending upon the mood of those mods.

Speaking strictly in the black, anyway.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:02 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

You're exactly right. My mistake.

Slava Ukraini!
Tinfoilhat
Valiant A

Post by Tinfoilhat »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tinfoilhat wrote:

I like the word vagina better. It kinda rolls right off the tongue 😛.

Let's all say it together, vagina vagina vagina vagina.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Tinfoilhat wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:05 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

If the term is being used directly to female posters for the sole intent of harassing female posters, I see it as off limits in Paradise or belonging in the Prison forum.

If it's being used to harass female posters that one assumes are feminists, it's good to keep in mind that a number of male posters here are feminists as well as female.

That kind of makes the case for direct harassment of known female posters. But we'll see. There is a collection of female posters posting here who do not use female-identifying handles. You and other male posters have been interacting with them the whole entire time here. That again, makes the case for direct harassment of known female posters.

I'll be interested in hearing what Shades has to say in his final ruling.

ETA: I want to note that in your comments above you are intentionally using sexually charged remarks and phrases. <----Shades that comment/observation is for you.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Tinfoilhat wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:05 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

Tin, I edited my post above by adding a bit more. Check it out.

; )
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:02 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

Now that this post has been read by some folks here, intentional misrepresentation or substitution of any part of that item’s name with perceived synonyms might be seen as an attempt at being unnecessarily provocative, depending upon the mood of those mods.

Speaking strictly in the black, anyway.
It's the board's custom that Shades makes the final ruling. I look forward to his ruling and comments on this issue. As I pointed out in a post just now, Atlanticmike and his socks, has been interacting with unknown female posters the whole entire time he's been here. The remarks are being made directly to known female posters.

I'd say there's a case for targeted harassment of female posters to be made but again, the final ruling will come from Shades himself. Just FTR, I don't expect Shades to rule based on mood. In the past, he typically rules based on sound reasoning. That's what I'm looking for here.

Slava Ukraini!